Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 26 Dec 2014 (Friday) 19:37
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What happened to "image editing OK"?

ChunkyDA
Goldmember
3,706 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Dec 26, 2014 19:37 |  #1

Maybe I am missing the location but it was always easy to see if the photo owner allows me to suggest an edit to his image. Where is this notification now?

Dave
Support Search and Rescue, Get Lost (external link)
Gear list and some feedback

sponsored links
OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,518 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 26, 2014 23:13 |  #2

It's been discontinued. Explained in this post.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Archibald
You must be quackers!
8,633 posts
Gallery: 390 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined May 2008

Dec 26, 2014 23:53 |  #3

If you want, add it to your sig.

Sony RX10 IV, Canon 7D2, Canon 77D, assorted Canon lenses
C&C always welcome.
Picture editing OK
Donate to POTN here

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Dec 27, 2014 01:26 |  #4

Archibald wrote in post #17352209 (external link)
If you want, add it to your sig.

Guess it was a liability or headache on administrator.
But adding to signature is a good idea and I did it right now.
That is after finding how to save it. But not sure why my signature pages from 3 is now increased to 13.
Also if you feel like helping someone by showing How, on their picture, make sure to ask it in the thread before working on that picture.
Nevertheless I must admit, "Edit OK" was one feature of this site that right form the first day, I found very intellectual, unique and commodious. May be one of the reasons I stuck here.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,518 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Dec 27, 2014 11:21 |  #5

samsen wrote in post #17352266 (external link)
Guess it was a liability or headache on administrator.
But adding to signature is a good idea and I did it right now.
That is after finding how to save it. But not sure why my signature pages from 3 is now increased to 13.

Members could turn the EDITING OK notice on and off and on and off and . . . , and other members might then edit an image not knowing that its maker didn't want images edited at that time.

Your sig is now five lines. I don't see anything about pages. What do you mean about an increase from 3 to 13?

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,358 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Dec 27, 2014 22:13 |  #6

The trouble with image editing is that it seemed to have gotten way out of hand. That led me to turning off the notification years ago and I suspect that many others also did the same as I did. Image editing is OK when somebody specifically asks for help with an image, but things had gotten to the point on some of the forums (especially the Critique Corner) where there seemed to be a plague of willy-nilly unsolicited editing of images for no good reason other than to showcase the perpetrator's lack of sensibilities.

Editing on request (meaning a request by the person wanting help and not the other way around) seems to be a much smarter approach.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,756 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Dec 28, 2014 16:45 |  #7

I think the most logical solution would be to add to post editor a tickbox: "I allow re-posting photos found in this post", and that would be added to the post as extra information (a box that is easy to see) in ticked on. That has advantages: the permission is "signed" by ticking that box , it is done for individual posts case by case, and there would be no need to verbally mention it (in sig). Also,(maybe) the editing of the post could prevent unticking that box if there already have been replies.

A lot can be done so that is better than the old way. We have our own software now to play with.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

sponsored links

1,217 views & 3 likes for this thread
What happened to "image editing OK"?
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.