Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 13:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

New format.. makes me dizzy

this thread is locked
JM ­ Photos
"Childhood ruined"
3,374 posts
Gallery: 65 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2010

Dec 24, 2014 12:26 |  #1036

Like Chet said, I am far from using my iPad for photo editing. There is no where near the control with an iPad when it comes to LR and PS...plus I'd like to see an iPad run a full version of PS and LR at the same time...

Canon 6D, & Sony α6000
Own: 24-105mm f/4L | Tamron 150-600mm f/5-6.3 | Rokinon 14mm f/1.8
Want: 24-70mm f/2.8 L II | 70-200mm f/2.8 L II

sponsored links
dasher108
Goldmember
1,098 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Aug 2011

Dec 24, 2014 12:32 |  #1037

It makes me a bit dizzy, but I'll just have get used to it. :-D

T3i |70D |70-200L| 400L | 100-400L | 24-105L | 50 1.8 | sig 10-20 | sig 150-500

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,639 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by Wilt. (2 edits in all)

Dec 24, 2014 12:52 |  #1038

Chet wrote in post #17345938 (external link)
But the use of photo shop and editing isn't as precise on a tablet yet. I also like to see what I'm doing so a larger display is a must. I'm years off from using a tablet for art and photo work.

And even for simple reading of POTN, for which we are mostly viewing posts and viewing photos (conveniently ignoring the issue of keyboarding our responses!) I much rather read stuff on a 1280x1024 screen (or even better, on a 2560x1440 screen) than even a 1024x768 screen. Just over 50% of the tablet products listed in this August 2014 article http://thedigitaldisci​ple.net …-screen-resolution-chart/ (external link) have <1000 pixel in the short direction.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

vipergts831
Has the TF retired? Or just being utterly lazy?
43,923 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Joined Apr 2009
Location: Taking better shots with an iPhone than MDJAK with a 1DX

Dec 24, 2014 13:00 |  #1039

JM Photos wrote in post #17349213 (external link)
Like Chet said, I am far from using my iPad for photo editing. There is no where near the control with an iPad when it comes to LR and PS...plus I'd like to see an iPad run a full version of PS and LR at the same time...

I only use the ipad for quick edits. It doesnt have the muscle yet for heavy lifting. But for when im on the road and just want to transfer some things its nice.

-Omar- Flickr (external link) , 5px (external link)
Phaseone 645DF+...because only the best will make up for my lack of skills.
Beginners worry about gear, professionals worry about skill and masters worry about light

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Dec 29, 2014 11:40 |  #1040

WaltA wrote in post #17346345 (external link)
Depends on what business you're in. In my business I need multiple big monitors displaying data flow, gateway status and messaging traffic. Tablets and phone are for communications only in my world.

But then, the aviation industry is still using Teletype Messaging - developed back in the 50's and 60's.

Dude I'm not talking business. This is a photography discussion site not a business site. There's one business subforum here and this isn't it.

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,184 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 29, 2014 12:02 |  #1041

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #17355866 (external link)
Dude I'm not talking business. This is a photography discussion site not a business site. There's one business subforum here and this isn't it.

Dude, why so unhappy?

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

WaltA
Goldmember
3,863 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Dec 29, 2014 14:59 |  #1042

Chet wrote in post #17355894 (external link)
Dude, why so unhappy?

Didn't get what he wanted for Xmas, I guess.

Walt
400D, 5D, 7D and a bag of stuff

WaltA
Goldmember
3,863 posts
Joined Feb 2006

Dec 29, 2014 15:02 |  #1043

HappySnapper90 wrote in post #17355866 (external link)

You said "The world is going tablet."

I just wanted to reply to that statement with my experience - business and other wise. Much of the world is business - photography and other.

I use the same computers for my work (technical) as I do for my photography (hobby). I believe many others on this board fall into that same category. Hence my comment.

Walt

Walt
400D, 5D, 7D and a bag of stuff

SuffolkGal
437 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Dec 29, 2014 18:21 |  #1044
bannedPermanent ban

70 pages of general discontent later and now the thread is just being allowed to float/be ignored.

As others have said. Those who do not like the new forums are entitled to an opinion, just because you don't like what we have to say it doesn't give you the right to ask us to stop.

Like many others, I would like the old forums back. It is a plain a simple forum, nothing swishy or pretty needed, just plain and simple.

I hate the new format more and more and when I come here all I look at now is one topic area and then I leave. I hate having to look at the font explosion that is called the forum home page.

Please bring back the old forums that everyone was happy with, no one complained about and all was good with the world. I am sorry that countless hours have been wasted, although I am sure you could find some other use for the software, but just because time has been spent on it should not mean we should have it forced down our throats.

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,184 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Dec 29, 2014 18:37 as a reply to  @ SuffolkGal's post |  #1045

No one is asking you to stop. And the thread is still being addressed. We we're all informed that a revision will be released shortly that will address many issues mentioned by members. I was going to past the link to the revision but I see you have already posted in it.

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

Strontium
Durr?
7,382 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Dec 29, 2014 18:46 |  #1046

I don't know about anyone else. I just love broken records.

I am I

CyberDyneSystems
Admin (type T-2000)
49,709 posts
Gallery: 160 photos
Joined Apr 2003

Dec 29, 2014 18:50 |  #1047

We do seem to have a significant toy/pram interface going on here.

GEAR LIST
CDS' HOT LINKS
Jake Hegnauer Photography (external link)

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,526 posts
Joined May 2005

Dec 29, 2014 18:53 |  #1048

SuffolkGal wrote in post #17356451 (external link)
Please bring back the old forums that everyone was happy with, no one complained about and all was good with the world.

Except not everyone was happy with it, especially those on the moderation and administration teams. The old forum left a lot to be desired, from a back end and programming stand point. While you and a few others can keep posting how much hate the new design I will say with 99.9% certainty Pekka won't be going back to VBulletin.

Sevas Tra...

Traci_Ann
I'm a masochist
3,526 posts
Joined May 2005

Dec 29, 2014 19:04 |  #1049

SuffolkGal, This is a very good example of why Pekka created his own and did away with VB.

https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17354684

Sevas Tra...

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,242 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Dec 29, 2014 22:18 as a reply to  @ SuffolkGal's post |  #1050

If I NEVER see vBulletin again it'll be TOO SOON. Just a differing opinion.

Mark

sponsored links

134,402 views & 461 likes for this thread
New format.. makes me dizzy
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.