Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 10 Dec 2014 (Wednesday) 11:26
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Canon Refurb Sale

e_shade
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Nov 2006

Dec 21, 2014 08:34 |  #46

Canon 7D @ $679.99 seems like a great deal. Might have to jump on that.

sponsored links
smmokan
Goldmember
1,202 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 21, 2014 11:20 |  #47

The 70D is back on for a great price too.... $750 with the 18-55mm STM lens, so call it $650 for the 70D body.

www.ChasingEpicMTB.com (external link)

starlights
661 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 21, 2014 11:32 as a reply to  @ post 17325400 |  #48

Does anyone know how often do the refurb lens sales with 15-20% off happen in a year? Is it only around TG/Christmas or does it happen often?

Thanks

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 21, 2014 11:55 |  #49

starlights wrote in post #17344463 (external link)
Does anyone know how often do the refurb lens sales with 15-20% off happen in a year? Is it only around TG/Christmas or does it happen often?

As for major refurbished lens sales this year, we saw:

March - 20% Off
June (Father's Day) - 15% Off
August - 15% Off
October (Halloween) - 20% Off
Thanksgiving - One Day 15% Off (Stacked with Tiered Sale)
December - 15% Off

This is in-line with what we typically see, about 5-6 major sales a year.

We also saw a few "minor" sales, i.e. the tiered discounts ($125 off $500), in May, June, September, and early October.

We saw too many body refurb sales to count.

starlights
661 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 21, 2014 12:07 as a reply to  @ PhotoPrice's post |  #50

Fantastic! Thanks for the info.

I had been monitoring the canon refurb site for the last few days, and just the time i stepped out for an errand the lens i wanted came in stock and was sold out before i got back - i learned of it later from your website :( Anyway, now i am signed up with CPW for notification but i guess i will have to wait for a few months for the lens sale to come back.

Thanks for the info!

cliffy50
63 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Dec 23, 2014 07:33 as a reply to  @ smmokan's post |  #51

Thanks all for the info on this refurb sale. I placed an order for a 70D today. Had seen it on Black Friday but did not pull the trigger. Happy it came back in supply. :-D

70D, Tamron 17-50, 50 f/1.8. Tamron 24-135, 70-300 IS, 430EX II

drock220
38 posts
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 25, 2014 04:25 |  #52

should i pull the trigger on the 7d or the 70d 18-55 STM?

Lyn2011
644 posts
Gallery: 211 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Dec 25, 2014 04:40 |  #53

Does Canon Australia has such a sale too or can I order it from the US website?

trevorklat
Hatchling
5 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Dec 30, 2014 18:07 |  #54

I bought a refurbished Canon T3i on sale on December 18th for a total (with tax) of $281.44. The Canon direct web site said it was in stock and I also received a confirming email that it was in stock. The camera never arrived even as of today so I called their customer service. I was told, "I apologize, but it is now out of stock." What??? The web site and the confirmation email said it was in stock when I ordered it on the 18th of December.

Needless to say, someone did not receive their Christmas gift.

Canon never bothered to call me or email me saying I would not be receiving this camera body. I have been a loyal Canon store customer and I have to say this is the worst I have ever been treated by them. If I hadn't called today, I guess they never would have bothered to contact me.

When I asked why I didn't get my body shipped, they had no clue instead blaming "the system". When I asked when I could expect to receive it they said they had absolutely no idea. They did offer to cancel my order and sell me a new T3i at a higher price! I explained that the reason I bought the refurbished body was that I only needed a body and that the refurb was at a sale price.

I am very disappointed in the (lack of) service I received so buyer beware.

DigiBill
270 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined May 2010

Dec 31, 2014 11:26 |  #55

^^^^ Above post is making me think twice before buying a refurbed 70D. I've been reluctant because of the reported 70D focus issues and now I'm hearing the refurb customer service is not the best. Hmmmm...need to ponder this some more. The 70D body only has been "Out of Stock" for some time. I did sign up to be "Notified" and saw the body was "In Stock" ....but never received a notification. Hmmmm

Please feel free to visit our RV Website
http://rv.billdiana.co​mexternal link

PhotoPrice
180 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Dec 31, 2014 12:08 |  #56

DigiBill wrote in post #17359113 (external link)
^^^^ Above post is making me think twice before buying a refurbed 70D. I've been reluctant because of the reported 70D focus issues and now I'm hearing the refurb customer service is not the best. Hmmmm...need to ponder this some more. The 70D body only has been "Out of Stock" for some time. I did sign up to be "Notified" and saw the body was "In Stock" ....but never received a notification. Hmmmm

The Canon refurb store's own notification system is quite broken -- it just doesn't work.

smmokan
Goldmember
1,202 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Post edited over 5 years ago by smmokan.

Dec 31, 2014 18:45 |  #57

DigiBill wrote in post #17359113 (external link)

I bought one a week before Christmas (as part of the "kit" with the 18-55 STM, which I flipped in less than 24 hours for $100) and got it two days later. I wouldn't put much stock in the negative experience above, they're few and far between with Canon.

Focus issues with the 70D? First off, I'm not familiar with what you're talkinga bout... sure that's not the 7D2? And secondly, these have all been inspected and refurbished, so chances are if there was indeed an issue, it was taken care of.

www.ChasingEpicMTB.com (external link)

sponsored links

12,068 views & 2 likes for this thread
Canon Refurb Sale
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.