Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
Thread started 30 Dec 2014 (Tuesday) 11:27
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Moving from 70D to 6D.

Lbsimon
...never exercised in my life
2,685 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 01, 2015 20:13 as a reply to  @ post 17361262 |  #16

I keep the 70D for birding. It has a great AF system, so I am hesitant to get rid of it.

sponsored links
Road ­ Dog
Goldmember
1,468 posts
Gallery: 257 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2014

Jan 02, 2015 17:20 |  #17

I didn't move from a crop sensor to the 6D, but from a 5D.

There's not a single thing I regret about getting the 6D. Not one...

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

Chief_10Beers
Didn't get his vaccinations . . .
487 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 02, 2015 19:49 |  #18

freestylee30 wrote in post #17361262 (external link)
Well, in my first couple days of limited use I can so far say that I am pretty thrilled with the 6D. I think we are going to get along just fine :)

As much as I'd like to keep the 70D as well, I just don't think I need it. I only got it a year ago and so selling it was part of my plan to offset another camera purchase. I have a 40D that I'll keep just in case or if I feel I really need a crop.

Thanks again all!

I'm pretty thrilled with my 6D too, but there has a very big "But" in what I did. I was looking very hard between the 6D and the 5DIII. I came very close to pulling the trigger on the 5DIII and a TC 1.4II ( fleabay Grey Market ), so much so I put my 60D and the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 up for sale in the forum. What changed for me was I got paranoid with the fleabay grey market and I have a decent TC that is 1.6X that doesn't change the Lens f-stop ( 60D ) and ended up buying the 6D Kit from PMI, authorized Canon Dealer. I took my 60D and Lens off the for sale list. I'm glad I made that Call, the 6D is a amazing Camera in what I want to do with it, mainly Landscapes, Portrait and low light, 60D for fast stuff, cropping down and longer reach. For me, the 60D Compliments the 6D. When I do my part, the 6D is no slouch, it can take fast moving Objects...............

Sample...............

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7580/16034473156_f40d4c8815_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qqUS​eJ  (external link) E-2C Hawkeye_b (external link) on Flickr

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I am John Galt
TVC15
Gear List

Luxx
478 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 02, 2015 22:10 |  #19

I use 6d for landscape and portrait and event and some sports. I use 70d for video and wildlife and so far it is working for me

Lumens
459 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 03, 2015 14:41 |  #20

Nethawked wrote in post #17359020 (external link)
The same here. I didn't feel the 7D resale value would benefit me as much as having the added versatility of a second body. I also have an emotional attachment to a certain EF-S 15-85mm lens, between it and crop factor the 7D wasn't going anywhere.

We think a lot alike. There is a magic in the 7D/15-85 combo! Main reason I kept my 7D as well.

FUJI XT-2 & FUJI XT-3 ->
12mm Roki, 16 f1.4, 35 f1.4, 56 f1.2, 80 Macro
10-24, 18-55, 55-200, 100-400

Lbsimon
...never exercised in my life
2,685 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Jan 03, 2015 14:47 as a reply to  @ Lumens's post |  #21

I do not see a magic of 7D/15-85 (in my case it is a 70D) vs. the 6D/24-105. The "magic" of a crop camera is its better suitability to shooting distant objects like wildlife.

sponsored links

3,994 views & 3 likes for this thread
Moving from 70D to 6D.
FORUMS Canon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Canon EOS Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.