Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 25 Oct 2010 (Monday) 04:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The OLDER Photographers' thread...

treebound
547 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

Dec 04, 2014 08:16 |  #9196

"befuddle", a good old word. I think I'll post something on twitter today with #befuddle in it just for grins.

=====
60D w/18-135 kit lens, 55-250mm, EF 50mm 1.8, 580EXII flash.

sponsored links
20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 04, 2014 12:15 |  #9197

treebound wrote in post #17310908 (external link)
"befuddle", a good old word. I think I'll post something on twitter today with #befuddle in it just for grins.

Teach those young whippersnappers a thing or two!

GibJock
Kill killer
9,671 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Dec 07, 2014 06:44 |  #9198

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #17309737 (external link)
It's not just you old farts that don't do well with change.

I'm proud to be an old fart, and thoroughly enjoying AMASS, just took a day or two to get used to it.

flickr (external link)

skygod44
THREAD ­ STARTER
"in stockings and suspenders"
6,428 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Nov 2008
Location: Southern Kyushu, Japan. Which means nowhere near Tokyo!

Dec 13, 2014 06:19 |  #9199

Blimey O'Reilly!!!!
What happened?
Seems like I'll have to get a qualification in "How to Use the new POTN website"....
But not this year  :p

"Whatever you do, enjoy yourself...otherwise, what's the point."
6D/7D and ALL Canon/Sigma gear SOLD!!!! Now: Olympus PEN EP-5 & OM-D EM-5 Mk2 and 8 lenses!

20droger
Cream of the Crop
14,685 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 13, 2014 08:34 |  #9200

You know the rules, Simon! You snooze, you lose!

How's the mini sky god these days?

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,292 posts
Gallery: 116 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 18, 2014 00:14 |  #9201

Everyone still alive and kickin'?

Melody

Yno
861 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 18, 2014 09:01 |  #9202

I'm recovering from the effects of yet another birthday. They seem to come more often now. As do the creaks and groans and aches and pains. But it is better than the alternatives. I'm still working, though. Looking at my finances and the state of the economy, I think I should be able to retire, at 97...:-(

On the brighter side, after tomorrow I will be off until the 5th of January, and I'm looking forward to the vacation. I hope to be able to get out and take some pictures if the recent deluges here don't wash away all the landscape. We have had a few mudslides and road closures lately. But if it helps to end the drought, I'm all for more rain.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
www.imawino.com (external link)

Grumps ­ Photo
Suffering Keyboard in Mouth desease
2,012 posts
Joined Oct 2004
Post edited over 4 years ago by Grumps Photo.

Dec 18, 2014 09:34 |  #9203

yes, just busy.

Seems that since I decided to not return to work for now, I've been busier than ever! Between home improvements and school tasks, it is never ending.

School ends tonight so there goes those photography assignments, and I can get back to finding our what makes me tic as a photographer. Shooting whatever I want.

I was worried about being bored, but it has only happened a couple of days when the weather was crappy.

I wonder what I'm going to change next in the house .......... :lol:

Grumps
(aka Jim or JAZZ D.P.G.)
1DsMKIII, 1DMKIII, T6s, D60, L's, DO, USM, other lens, flashes, studio gear (but no studio!) Olympus TG3
grumpsphoto.com

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,292 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 18, 2014 11:38 |  #9204

As long as the birthdays keep coming, you're doing good.

Melody

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,292 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Dec 25, 2014 16:18 |  #9205

Turkey comas and egg nog naps all around? Did any of you old geezers manage to stay on Santa's nice list?

Melody

MikeThompson
262 posts
Joined Mar 2009
Location: On the road somewhere between the Atlantic and Pacific

Dec 26, 2014 07:36 |  #9206

Our Christmas plans changed at the last minute. Our grandson came down with the flu, so we had to cancel the visit with them and visited with the rest of our kids for the day. Still had a good time, just didn't get to see the little ones.

We're heading to Florida this weekend for a couple months, then going out west for a 6-8 month visit of out National Parks. Looking forward to seeing some of this beautiful country. I've said in the past that I've seen more of other countries than I have of my own, so it's time to change that.

Mike
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming....."WOW, WHAT A RIDE".

Grumps ­ Photo
Suffering Keyboard in Mouth desease
2,012 posts
Joined Oct 2004

Dec 26, 2014 10:22 |  #9207

This was almost a completely different Christmas, the first where both of our sets of parents were no longer with us and no extended family plans.

Christmas Eve was the usual hustle and bustle as we have our kids and grandson in. Too much food and noise and happenings. My younger brother joined us as I am the only family left in town. It was good. Smoked and BBQ'd up a bunch of Cornish hens, really tasty!

Christmas day last year we did one last Christmas at my wife's family home with her 2 brothers' families. This year attempts to plan something fell through due to other plans already made by some. So we'll get togeather on New Year's Day.

Quiet, easy time. BBQ'd some steaks for dinner, enjoyed a couple of very good bottles of wine, and enjoyed the quiet time with my wife and dogs.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!

Grumps
(aka Jim or JAZZ D.P.G.)
1DsMKIII, 1DMKIII, T6s, D60, L's, DO, USM, other lens, flashes, studio gear (but no studio!) Olympus TG3
grumpsphoto.com

Yno
861 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Dec 26, 2014 11:57 |  #9208

JAZZ D.P.G. wrote in post #17351351 (external link)
Quiet, easy time. BBQ'd some steaks for dinner, enjoyed a couple of very good bottles of wine, and enjoyed the quiet time

Same here! we had been out with friends for the past five nights, and it was good to be home. We went for a long walk early in the day, came home, baked potatoes, and fired up the grill. YUM!

Happy Boxing Day to all!

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
www.imawino.com (external link)

yogestee
"my posts can be a little colourful"
13,845 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Dec 2007

Dec 29, 2014 01:08 |  #9209

Yno wrote in post #17351454 (external link)
Same here! we had been out with friends for the past five nights, and it was good to be home. We went for a long walk early in the day, came home, baked potatoes, and fired up the grill. YUM!

Happy Boxing Day to all!

Christmas leftovers, a couple of beers and the Boxing Day Test with my father. Doesn't get much better.

Jurgen
50D~700D~EOS M~G11~S95~GoPro Hero4 Silver
http://www.pbase.com/j​urgentreue (external link)
The Title Fairy,, off with her head!!

jay125
on the happy gas
10,703 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jan 04, 2015 17:03 |  #9210

First post in this thread of the new year! Sure, it took me 4 days, but I did it! I will turn 55 the end of this month. Add to that my spinal fusion, my torn meniscus and the idea that I cannot shovel my own snow, I'm feeling pretty low at the moment. It gets better, right?

feedback

gear list

sponsored links

748,365 views & 170 likes for this thread
The OLDER Photographers' thread...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.