Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 19:41
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bugs in AMASS

this thread is locked
Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by Bill Boehme.

Jan 04, 2015 02:04 |  #391

HTML title tag would mean what you would see if you viewed the source code, I presume is what he is talking about.

It would look like

<TITLE>Title goes here</TITLE>

I don't know why, but I have encountered that a lot lately and when it happens, there is overrunning of text in the tabs. I don't recall if I encountered it on POTN, but I have encountered it on other sites.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

sponsored links
Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,799 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 04, 2015 05:32 |  #392

melcat wrote in post #17364804 (external link)
There is a mojibake problem with the HTML title on this thread:

https://photography-on-the.net …hp?t=1396819&go​to=newpost

The thread title as shown in the body of the page:

What is your acceptable ‘damage’ to the environment to get a shot?

As seen in the title bar of Safari 6.2 on OS X and the tab bar of Safari on iOS 8.1.2:

What is your acceptable �damage’ to the environment to get a shot?

where ? is a character that looks like a raised ~.

The curlies in the body are the correct U+2018 and U+2019 as verified by copying and pasting to a text file and then hexdumpiing that.

Thanks, this is now corrected.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
I'm a bloody goody two-shoes!
18,451 posts
Gallery: 319 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 04, 2015 10:39 |  #393

Pekka wrote in post #17364154 (external link)
Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17363712 (external link)
I've spent some time fixing all my old image links. Now I am browsing back from 2008, adding some images that I think represent where I was as a photographer to the gallery as I go along. Sometimes I find I can't because the image was posted somewhere else. I then get the message "see that post" with a mouse over text saying "click to see that photo/post" but when I click it, the page shudders for a moment and I stay where I am.

So how do I find the originally posted image so I can add it to my gallery?

Can you point me to couple of such photos and I'll have a look, thanks.

Just about every image in this thread: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10632097
The same here: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10647200

I've seen a few more, but don't remember exactly which ones.

Levina (not Lavina, Lavinia, Levinia, Ludwina and what not, mkay?)
My flickr (external link)

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,799 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 04, 2015 15:20 |  #394

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17365493 (external link)
Just about every image in this thread: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10632097
The same here: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=10647200

I've seen a few more, but don't remember exactly which ones.

Those are all other similar are now fixed and metadata restored. Fix for the reason causing that will be in 1.1 (bug is post edit related). If that happens again let me know.

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,451 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 04, 2015 16:56 |  #395

Pekka wrote in post #17365978 (external link)
Those are all other similar are now fixed and metadata restored. Fix for the reason causing that will be in 1.1 (bug is post edit related). If that happens again let me know.

Will do. Thanks!

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,451 posts
Joined Sep 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by Levina de Ruijter.

Jan 05, 2015 07:58 |  #396

Pekka, I now have an image I would like to add to my gallery but I get the "already posted, find the original" message. However, there is no link to it and I have no idea where it could be. I tried Search, but no luck. It could be anywhere. Here's the permalink to it: https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=11403116&i​=i98576055

EDIT: Also, I started adding images to my gallery and then realised that I had to do it in reverse as now the older images where shown first, so I removed everything from my gallery and started at the beginning in 2008. However, I am suddenly seeing images that I removed and indeed are not in my gallery saying: "remove from your gallery". Like here: https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=13563487&i​=i37719252
I can click "remove from gallery" and that solves it. I can then add them again if I want to. But something clearly isn't right here so I thought I'd report it.

OhLook
Spiderwoman
19,063 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 05, 2015 11:25 |  #397

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17367029 (external link)
I started adding images to my gallery and then realised that I had to do it in reverse as now the older images where shown first, so I removed everything from my gallery and started at the beginning in 2008.

May I piggyback on your post? This is an appropriate place to mention that it'd be wonderful if we could drag and drop photos within our galleries and even add text such as "Macros" and "Landscapes."

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,799 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 05, 2015 16:22 |  #398

Pekka, I now have an image I would like to add to my gallery but I get the "already posted, find the original" message. However, there is no link to it and I have no idea where it could be. I tried Search, but no luck. It could be anywhere. Here's the permalink to it: https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=11403116&i​=i98576055

EDIT: Also, I started adding images to my gallery and then realised that I had to do it in reverse as now the older images where shown first, so I removed everything from my gallery and started at the beginning in 2008. However, I am suddenly seeing images that I removed and indeed are not in my gallery saying: "remove from your gallery". Like here: https://photography-on-the.net …hp?p=13563487&i​=i37719252
I can click "remove from gallery" and that solves it. I can then add them again if I want to. But something clearly isn't right here so I thought I'd report it.

Can you please do a step-by-step description how you "removed everything from my gallery", as that is surely the point where the bug occurred.

If you want to re-sort images in your gallery, I think a better way is to wish for a sorting tool, not delete everything :)

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,799 posts
Joined Mar 2001

Jan 05, 2015 16:23 |  #399

OhLook wrote in post #17367305 (external link)
May I piggyback on your post? This is an appropriate place to mention that it'd be wonderful if we could drag and drop photos within our galleries and even add text such as "Macros" and "Landscapes."

Yes, that is one of the things planned. Many things will happen in the future :)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,451 posts
Joined Sep 2008
Post edited over 4 years ago by Levina de Ruijter.

Jan 05, 2015 16:59 |  #400

Pekka wrote in post #17367763 (external link)
Can you please do a step-by-step description how you "removed everything from my gallery", as that is surely the point where the bug occurred.

If you want to re-sort images in your gallery, I think a better way is to wish for a sorting tool, not delete everything :)

After I realised I was adding the images in the wrong order so that the oldest ones would be listed first, I just went to every image and clicked: "remove from gallery". With every image I got the pop-up, asking me: "really remove it from all galleries?" And I clicked "do it please". That's it.

A sorting tool would be nice but I decided not to ask for it as you already have so much on your plate. :-)

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,451 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2015 08:47 |  #401

Pekka, have you read this? I keep bumping into this and it's a problem because this way I can't find the originals.

I also wondered why images with broken links are not included in Image Search results? It would be so incredibly helpful if they were. Not sure if it can be done of course.

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 06, 2015 09:00 as a reply to  @ Levina de Ruijter's post |  #402

Aka: The Celebrity Game 3
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17112757

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

Levina ­ de ­ Ruijter
18,451 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 06, 2015 09:25 |  #403

Thanks very much, Rafael! How on earth did you find that? Or did you use your mod superpowers?!! ;-)a

And by the way, another one that says "remove from your gallery" when it's not in my gallery any more. I've reported it to Pekka, but not heard back after his last response. That is of course totally all right, but I need to get my images sorted out and so I'm moving ahead, clicking "remove from your gallery" all photos that aren't in fact in my gallery and then add them again for real.

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 06, 2015 10:49 |  #404

Levina de Ruijter wrote in post #17368797 (external link)
Thanks very much, Rafael! How on earth did you find that? Or did you use your mod superpowers?!! ;-)a

Mod powers? No! You can do that even not logged in to POTN:
Use your photo's ipernity link and 'advanced search' in google constraining the search to photography-on-the.net :)

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
8,173 posts
Gallery: 87 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jan 06, 2015 12:08 |  #405

rpolitsr wrote in post #17368940 (external link)
Mod powers? No! You can do that even not logged in to POTN:
Use your photo's ipernity link and 'advanced search' in google constraining the search to photography-on-the.net :)

I guess I do not fully understand "ipernity link" as i thought that would show the link within AMASS?

Also I was not aware google had an advanced search? How do you search within a website?

Thank you :-)

Charles
Canon EOS 90D * Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

sponsored links

50,005 views & 16 likes for this thread
Bugs in AMASS
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.