Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 09 Jan 2015 (Friday) 21:11
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Hey web designers...

Immaculens
creeped by the TF....
13,225 posts
Gallery: 82 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 09, 2015 21:11 |  #1

sorry - I can't find an appropriate forum area to post this question ~ mods - move it if you think of a better place

For my website - I can't figure out how to remove a thin grey 'footer' bar on the bottom of each page

www.immaculens.com (external link)

anyone know what I should be looking or in the code? Its CSS apparently.

I've gone through the 'theme' and wherever 'footer' is mentioned (2 sections), I have not been able to either change its color or remove it.

Maybe one of you folks could look under my hood and let me know. I will give access.

Thank-you ~

Will immaculens.com (external link)

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'
Learn to love to do well, and you shall. ~ C. Poseidon

sponsored links
rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jan 09, 2015 23:07 |  #2

This may be a clue for you:
The first time I visited your web page there was a form asking for a name (and perhaps an email) to leave a comment.
I was unable to see the gray line.
In a second visit, the form was not there, or perhaps it was collapsed, and the line was there, exactly where the form started in the first visit.

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

Nogo
POTN record for # of posts during "Permanent Ban"
7,891 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Dec 2013
Post edited over 4 years ago by Nogo.

Jan 09, 2015 23:31 |  #3

I haven't played around with the code to see if this line in the CSS affects anything else, but I believe this line of CSS is what is causing the problem you are seeing.

In the #main-wrap .container, either remove the border-bottom: line or set the border to 0px.

That will remove the line under the photos on this page. Just be warned, it may affect something else on the website, so if you make this change, check around it may be necessary for another page and may need to be added back in for that page to work right.

IMAGE: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8652/16055708710_6b9258ea3a_o.png
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qsMG​PY  (external link) POTN_website_screensho​t (external link) by Nogocyclist (external link), on Flickr

Philip

Immaculens
THREAD ­ STARTER
creeped by the TF....
13,225 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 10, 2015 20:53 |  #4

rpolitsr wrote in post #17374925 (external link)
This may be a clue for you:
The first time I visited your web page there was a form asking for a name (and perhaps an email) to leave a comment.
I was unable to see the gray line.
In a second visit, the form was not there, or perhaps it was collapsed, and the line was there, exactly where the form started in the first visit.

Thanks for the reply - yes, I was just playing by putting anything in the footer to see if the grey line would be visible.
The form you mention was only there briefly - it looked awful ;-)a

7Dmk II gripped | 5Dc | 150-600 (Σ) OS C | 55-250 IS STM | 100L f/2.8 IS Macro | 15-85 IS | 50 f/1.8 STM | 30 Σ f/1.4 'A'

Immaculens
THREAD ­ STARTER
creeped by the TF....
13,225 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 10, 2015 21:19 |  #5

Thanks NOGO - I just installed Firebug and set the border to 0px as you suggested - and it made the line vanish.

But... unfortunately I have no idea how to make the change in the code on my website builder, because I cannot find it.

Will send you a PM, thank-you

Nogo wrote in post #17374952 (external link)
I haven't played around with the code to see if this line in the CSS affects anything else, but I believe this line of CSS is what is causing the problem you are seeing.

In the #main-wrap .container, either remove the border-bottom: line or set the border to 0px.

That will remove the line under the photos on this page. Just be warned, it may affect something else on the website, so if you make this change, check around it may be necessary for another page and may need to be added back in for that page to work right.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qsMG​PY  (external link) POTN_website_screensho​t (external link) by Nogocyclist (external link), on Flickr

Nogo
POTN record for # of posts during "Permanent Ban"
7,891 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 10, 2015 22:16 as a reply to  @ Immaculens's post |  #6

Those website design programs can hide stuff quite well. I am sure there is a way to change it by the interface, but you are right, it can be quite hard to find code in them.

I got your PM. It will be Monday before I will be able to help further.

Philip

Immaculens
THREAD ­ STARTER
creeped by the TF....
13,225 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Jan 13, 2015 15:08 |  #7

<solved> Nogo's "Firebug" code and further assistance helped me find this elusive code.

Cheers.

sponsored links

1,585 views & 0 likes for this thread
Hey web designers...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.