Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
Thread started 06 Jan 2015 (Tuesday) 16:29
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

MPIX - Never doing business with them again

fatalimage
297 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 06, 2015 16:29 |  #1

My recent order with Mpix and dealing with their customer service rep and manager has got me so enraged, I will NEVER do business with them again.

I put in two expedited Christmas card orders (to be in on time for me to send out by Chrismas) on 12/16/14, they were delivered the next day 12/17. The cards turned out very red, my monitor is calibrated so I've never had that problem there before. So I contacted Mpix customer service. Within 5 mins I got a response from a Taylor. He requested a quick snapshot of the cards so I sent him one with my phone. He said he couldn't tell from the pictures but if I could to re-edit the pictures and he'll send me a new batch by 12/19, so I sent him new photos. Friday comes and I do not get a delivery, I contact Taylor again and no response back. Monday 12/22 comes around and I decide to contact customer service again, and CC Taylor. I get a response from Taylor that there was a mix up and he will make sure personally to get the cards sent out by 12/24. Wednesday 12/24 comes around and nothing. I email customer service again and this time another rep says that order was never processed and will not be delivered in time for Christmas.

I was offered a refund for the cards and that was it.

My Weapons - 5D Mk III | 35L | 135L | 580ex |

sponsored links
mrfixitx
607 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 06, 2015 16:36 |  #2

I have had nothing but good experiences with them. I certainly understand the frustration of not getting a product delivered on time and errors.

That said it sounds like they apologized and offered a full refund which seems fair.

What exactly was it you were expecting them to do or offer instead?

Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships! - Ansel Adams (external link)
http://www.brandons-photography.com/ (external link)

fatalimage
THREAD ­ STARTER
297 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Jan 06, 2015 16:56 as a reply to  @ mrfixitx's post |  #3

I've had great experiences with them in the past as well but this was one of those where it took a lot of time, effort and anger on my end to get resolved. Something that makes you not want to give them any more money.

My Weapons - 5D Mk III | 35L | 135L | 580ex |

MattPharmD
255 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Jan 09, 2015 20:05 |  #4

I used MPix for a little while, and though I never had any problems, the customer service was never as exceptional as it has been with ProDPI. Better service, better prints, better price. Never printed anywhere else since I moved.

Photography is just a hobby for me.
Twitter: @PharmNerdMatt (external link)
Youtube:The PharmNerd (external link)

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jan 09, 2015 20:11 |  #5

Get your refund and never look back.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,158 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Post edited over 4 years ago by Picture North Carolina.

Jan 10, 2015 06:15 |  #6

samsen wrote in post #17374717 (external link)
Get your refund and never look back.

And continue to use social media to publicize your experience. Only companies that have incentive and reason to change, do.

Website (external link) |

JLRplsFL
20 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jan 10, 2015 07:12 |  #7

Ok, everyone can call me a hater but I'm going to say it... You waited until the 16th to order your Christmas cards that would then have to be mailed out after receiving? Shame on you.

James/Louis
5D Mark lll w/BG-E11
24-105mm f/4L, 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L
600EX-RT w/Harbor Digital XT Extender

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,158 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Post edited over 4 years ago by Picture North Carolina.

Jan 11, 2015 09:03 |  #8

JLRplsFL wrote in post #17375206 (external link)
Ok, everyone can call me a hater but I'm going to say it... You waited until the 16th to order your Christmas cards that would then have to be mailed out after receiving? Shame on you.

Agree.

I did some last minute canvases at Christmas. Wasn't my fault - got the order late. I talked to a rep at the canvas printer and he told me they were crushed. Places that do stuff like canvases, calendars, and so forth are not unlike retailers - they get a very large percentage of their annual business at Christmas. And everybody thinks their job is special and should be moved ahead of others without upcharge: "But it's a Christmas present. I need it fast." They are crushed with work. No excuse for waiting that late.

Website (external link) |

mrfixitx
607 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 11, 2015 09:13 as a reply to  @ Picture North Carolina's post |  #9

Very true about the late order, its also worth considering that errors are going to be more likely this time of year when they are crushed. When they are swamped with work and possibly have even hired temps to help fill the gap who are going to be a lot more prone to errors than their seasoned staff. Even experienced staff makes mistakes when they are working longs hours during the holidays etc...

I am not saying errors are acceptable or that poor service is okay, just that the reality is there are certain times when it is more likely to happen than others.

Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships! - Ansel Adams (external link)
http://www.brandons-photography.com/ (external link)

sponsored links

2,159 views & 1 like for this thread
MPIX - Never doing business with them again
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos The Business of Photography 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.