Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 19 Jan 2015 (Monday) 12:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 450 - Street Art

KT29
Goldmember
2,944 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 21, 2015 10:33 |  #31

OhLook wrote in post #17392074 (external link)
Ricardo, with such resources locally, this is your week to shine.

Today we had one of those adventures in the interminable series of shopping trips to select house parts. I took advantage of being in an industrial district to catch graffiti.

Colorful graffiti on old building; motorcyclist entering at right.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://s641.photobucke​t.com …2015_zpsc0c4b13​9.jpg.html  (external link)

Partly covered-over graffiti on abandoned factory; biyclist entering at right.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: http://s641.photobucke​t.com …2015_zps96e5ea8​c.jpg.html  (external link)

I seem to need to work on timing.

Ricardo222 wrote in post #17392544 (external link)
Terrific graffiti, Oh! That first one is such a complex piece, and the colours are great.

Here are two from our town...taken barely 50m apart, though they are about as different as they could be.

I thought that the second one, (presumably a Banksy copy), really illustrates how seriously our defence forces take security! (Actually, that's just a car park on the other side of the fence...we don't have soldiers stationed here!)

Today we had one of those adventures in the interminable series of shopping trips to select house parts. I took advantage of being in an industrial district to catch graffiti.

http://s641.photobucke​t.com …2015_zpsc0c4b13​9.jpg.html (external link)

http://s641.photobucke​t.com …2015_zps96e5ea8​c.jpg.html (external link)

A couple of nice finds Oh. Enjoyed seeing them.:-)

http://s641.photobucke​t.com …2015_zpsc0c4b13​9.jpg.html (external link)

Terrific graffiti, Oh! That first one is such a complex piece, and the colours are great.

Here are two from our town...taken barely 50m apart, though they are about as different as they could be.

I thought that the second one, (presumably a Banksy copy), really illustrates how seriously our defence forces take security! (Actually, that's just a car park on the other side of the fence...we don't have soldiers stationed here!)

That's some very nice Street Art Ricardo and well captured. The only street art I've found so far was a couple of snowmen, but they have melted the last couple of days. Will look more today.:-D Keep those great pics coming all.

Terry

sponsored links
OhLook
Spiderwoman
17,984 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jan 21, 2015 11:15 |  #32

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17392456 (external link)
I love that colorful graffiti shot, Oh and the G15 is a hard camera to time shots with.

Thanks. About timing, I think it's mostly me, not the camera. I knew the motorcycle was coming, and I wanted it in front of the building. I was afraid of pressing too late--it's happened before, with wildlife, when the G15 took longer to respond than expected. I overcompensated and pressed too soon. Burst mode would have been better, but I haven't memorized how to do it. The bicycle, I didn't know was coming. They're much quieter. I kept that shot to pair with the other one as a joke.

Ricardo, your local graffiti certainly beats mine for artistic merit.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
9,340 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jun 2011
Post edited over 4 years ago by Left Handed Brisket. (2 edits in all)

Jan 21, 2015 12:09 |  #33

first time WW Photo Week poster here. One of the things that the new forum format has done is introduce me to a lot of the more popular hang outs on POTN, until the change I don't think I really noticed these challenges. Hope to find time to participate in them for the up coming year, great way to get out and stretch my legs, so to speak.

Went downtown yesterday early evening with the intention of walking around a taking some pics for the thread but was sidetracked by a cold malt beverage or three. It had gotten cloudy and i wasn't really feeling the light anyway, but after the sunset these two pieces' character really changed and made them perfect for shooting. We are home to the North Carolina Zoo so the polar bears represent that part of the town. The photo is only about 1/4 of the entire mural. The train tracks run right through downtown and at one time supplied a very large hosiery mill. Both pieces are across the street from each other. Hope you enjoy.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

PeteD
Goldmember
2,952 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 21, 2015 12:39 |  #34

Welcome and that is a beck of start

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy it!!
52weeks completed (external link)
My 365 thread on the Camel (external link)
P & A Photos Flickr (external link)
P & A Photos Photobucket (external link)

joayne
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
12,736 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 21, 2015 14:02 |  #35

Glad to have you participate Mr Brisket!
Lovely Street Art there!

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 21, 2015 14:50 |  #36

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #17393160 (external link)
first time WW Photo Week poster here. One of the things that the new forum format has done is introduce me to a lot of the more popular hang outs on POTN, until the change I don't think I really noticed these challenges. Hope to find time to participate in them for the up coming year, great way to get out and stretch my legs, so to speak.

Went downtown yesterday early evening with the intention of walking around a taking some pics for the thread but was sidetracked by a cold malt beverage or three. It had gotten cloudy and i wasn't really feeling the light anyway, but after the sunset these two pieces' character really changed and made them perfect for shooting. We are home to the North Carolina Zoo so the polar bears represent that part of the town. The photo is only about 1/4 of the entire mural. The train tracks run right through downtown and at one time supplied a very large hosiery mill. Both pieces are across the street from each other. Hope you enjoy.

Welcome, two great images to start with! :-D

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
That's my line!
9,340 posts
Gallery: 12 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Jan 21, 2015 14:52 |  #37

thanks folks, glad to be part of the fun.

EastBayGirl, I was just looking through last weeks thread. Nice looking Gobblers! Made me hungry.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 21, 2015 14:54 as a reply to  @ Left Handed Brisket's post |  #38

Thanks! They finally came out of the tree. :lol:

Stina
flickr (external link)

KT29
Goldmember
2,944 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 21, 2015 17:15 as a reply to  @ Left Handed Brisket's post |  #39

A couple nice ones there Brisket. Thanks for sharing.:-)

Terry

Ricardo222
Cream of the Crop
16,067 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 21, 2015 17:38 |  #40

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #17393388 (external link)
thanks folks, glad to be part of the fun.

Nice work, LHB! Specially the second....a perfect illustration of that old cliché "The light at the end of the tunnel..."!

Growing old disgracefully!

KT29
Goldmember
2,944 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 21, 2015 18:19 |  #41

Well, I made my way into town today, and wouldn't you know it, I actually found something that could be street art. Had to big a lens, so couldn't get the whole thing in frame. Did find one more also, but it had a ten foot snow bank in front of it and didn't make for much of a pic.:-)

PHOTOBUCKET EMBEDDING IS DISABLED BY THIS MEMBER.
Photobucket sends ads instead of embedding photos from their free galleries.
Click the link (if available) below to see the image in a gallery page.

http://i1370.photobuck​et.com …/IMG_9310_zpso6​zmhi28.jpg (external link)

Terry

PeteD
Goldmember
2,952 posts
Joined Apr 2010

Jan 21, 2015 20:20 |  #42

ice one Terry

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy it!!
52weeks completed (external link)
My 365 thread on the Camel (external link)
P & A Photos Flickr (external link)
P & A Photos Photobucket (external link)

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 21, 2015 20:42 |  #43

Nice find, Terry. :)

Stina
flickr (external link)

joeseph
"smells like turd"
9,829 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Joined Jan 2004

Jan 22, 2015 02:23 |  #44

it's pretty hard to anticipate anything entering frame right, especially when most folks use their right eye on the viewfinder...
That window on it's own would make a great print!

them's both interesting, I'd like to see the first one with one or two pedestrians..

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #17393160 (external link)
first time WW Photo Week poster here.

both very nicely done!

some fairly old canon camera stuff, canon lenses, Manfrotto "thingy", 1D MK II converted for IR, and now an M5
TF posting: here :-)

Ricardo222
Cream of the Crop
16,067 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 22, 2015 03:15 |  #45

joeseph wrote in post #17394227 (external link)
them's both interesting, I'd like to see the first one with one or two pedestrians..

both very nicely done!

Me too Joeseph. I waited for ages for people to pass by but the town seemed to have closed down early. Though to get the sun low enough to avoid a deep shadow it was actually early evening and Nelson doesn't really hum at that hour..

Growing old disgracefully!

sponsored links

14,620 views & 25 likes for this thread
WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 450 - Street Art
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.