Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 12 Mar 2014 (Wednesday) 20:19
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Quadcopter Drone Wifi Camera

REBELimgs
92 posts
Joined May 2014

Nov 29, 2014 05:12 |  #226

samsen wrote in post #17275336 (external link)
Also have a look at this one, that is the latest top of the line DJI's machine available to private sector with latest top of the line gadget including a very smooth unbelievable 4K camera all cheaper than a Canon 5D.

LINK (external link)

Enjoy but don't forget the key word: Be quick.
What you see today, may not be what you get tomorrow...

That one looks amazing. Will also put a nice dent in the bank account.

6D w grip | Sony A6300 kit + Metabones EF Speedbooster | EOS M | 600EX-RT | 430EX II x3 | 16-35 f/2.8L II | 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM | 22 f/2 | 24-70 f/2.8L II | 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS | 35 f/2 IS | 50 f/1.2L | 75-300 f/4-5.6 III | 85 f/1.2L II | 135 f/2L
DJI Phantom 3 Professional

sponsored links
TroyRaymond
221 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Nov 29, 2014 08:23 as a reply to  @ REBELimgs's post |  #227

Other than the camera, I feel the new Inspire 1 is moving backward. You can purchase legs for existing multirotor that lift up and out of the way. Previously the airframe was rigid and tough, the new Inspire 1 with moving parts will greatly increase the parts list in case of a crash or hard landing much like that of a single rotor RC helicopter. Low parts list is originally what made the multirotor so attractive. Moving parts consisting of ball links will also be affected by temperature, the colder it is, the tighter the links become.

Rigid frame multirotor where the motors are the only moving parts is still the way to go.

samsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Post edited over 4 years ago by samsen.

Dec 07, 2014 15:34 |  #228

Troy: Good point. Never though of that in view of convenience of the retractable limbs.

Anyhow saw a very good deal on DJI I with FPV and camera all for lowest sale price I have seen, $430 (Usual price is $500 or more) with free shipping and no tax except California.

HERE IS THE LINK (external link)

in case anyone interested, and I am sure this will make one Christmas gift to remember for a dear one.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

samsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Dec 09, 2014 18:16 |  #229

^^^ Sold out and deal over.
Hope those interested, could take the benefit on time.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

v35skyline
Goldmember
3,572 posts
Joined Apr 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by v35skyline.

Dec 23, 2014 13:36 |  #230

Any suggestions on an FPV setup for my P2 w/ H3-3D? Thinking Immersion 600 transmitter, Black Pearl 7 channel monitor/receiver, iOSD Mini...anything else?

X100s | X-Pro1 | X-T1 | XF 14 | XF 18 | XF 35 | XF 56 | XF 60 | XF 10-24
Gear List & Feedback

glyn
182 posts
Joined Sep 2006

Dec 24, 2014 04:33 |  #231

you guys be careful on what you shoot. i fly them all the time. i have a RCTimer s1100 with a sony a6000. the FAA came down on us doing it commercially, its now "officially illegal". they are a blast to fly but one caution on DJI, they have had several fly aways. the ruling on sUAV's is SUPPOSE to come down by the end of the month but it's not looking like that will happen, it will also have regulations on hobbyist sUAV's as well as FPV.

Canon 6D, Sl1, 100mm, 50mm, 18-55, 55-250, 10-22.

samsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Post edited over 4 years ago by samsen.

Jan 08, 2015 19:49 |  #232

Just saw this excellent deal on Phantom 1 with gopro mount (No camera or FPV) that is the best I have ever seen by a very reputable, if not one of the two best in field, B&H: So no more excuse for all those who found Santa is considering them somehow Naughty!

Also deal, as a bonus has a set of 4 rechargeable battery and charger.
No Tax for most (Unless your address is NY NJ).
Shipping is free.

PHANTOM-1 with bonus for $379 (Even no 0.99 crap) But the deal won't last long. Seems to go on for only few more hours or till item is OOS.
Click on the link here.
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com/find/dealZone.js​p (external link)

v35skyline wrote in post #17347771 (external link)
Any suggestions on an FPV setup for my P2 w/ H3-3D? Thinking Immersion 600 transmitter, Black Pearl 7 channel monitor/receiver, iOSD Mini...anything else?

I don't do any serious FPV.
I am sure Troy has a good answer for you and TROY WHERE ARE WHEN WE NEED YOU? :)

glyn wrote in post #17348699 (external link)
you guys be careful on what you shoot. i fly them all the time. i have a RCTimer s1100 with a sony a6000. the FAA came down on us doing it commercially, its now "officially illegal". they are a blast to fly but one caution on DJI, they have had several fly aways. the ruling on sUAV's is SUPPOSE to come down by the end of the month but it's not looking like that will happen, it will also have regulations on hobbyist sUAV's as well as FPV.

Things will change for better. I am hopeful and fingers crossed.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

mprocto
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Dec 2013

Jan 10, 2015 12:11 |  #233

Does anyone have galleries of drone ariel images taken by their own drone?

samsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jan 10, 2015 15:54 |  #234

mprocto wrote in post #17375585 (external link)
Does anyone have galleries of drone ariel images taken by their own drone?

There is plenty of priceless material on Youtube and you can see references and links to many of the good ones here in this thread, if you have time to go through the pages. But feel free to add any of your images here. Would be really good to see the result, say dedicated still or video footage from all the different gears out there that are increasing in number and versatility on daily basis. If there is no creeping premature panicky law, Quadcepter and Drone industry is expected to grow into a multibillion dollar, before 2020 providing a huge number of jobs here in USA.
I have images with my three different drones and will add them here soon.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

samsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006
Post edited over 4 years ago by samsen. (6 edits in all)

Jan 22, 2015 15:08 |  #235

Saw this and thought too cool not to share it with all:

[VIDEO=youtube]vrwwYrh​-Xgw?feature[/VIDEO]

BTW not the same exact model but a good patrol quad is on sale for rest of today at $180 plus $5 shipping and no Tax, if anyone interested. Has HD cam and is controlled via iphone/android phone and free app.

LINK (external link)

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

samsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Jan 23, 2015 21:48 |  #236

This is a MUST to Watch.
Totally surreal and mesmerizing.

I have no slightest doubt that this will somehow show up in one of the future Olympic opening night ceremonies but till then, I am really feeling sorry for a totally unaware observer that may suddenly witness this specially in middle of nowhere. The only reasonable conclusion would be nothing short of UFO...

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 24, 2015 08:04 |  #237

samsen wrote in post #16756810 (external link)
I like the contrast of dronin relation to atmosphere of the image.
Did you try a longexposure, say 10-15 sec or longer exposure with dron's take off or manure in mid air? I would think that makes a totally out of this world image.

Yes they go expensive but then much much lower price than hiring a private helicopter for the footage!

BTW A5forfighting you seem to be knowing well about these marvels of our world, so let me ask few more questions, is this the one you are referring to?
LINK. (external link)
There is a good video clip here too on DJI phantom2.

I see DJI phantom 1 is at half the price. What is missing on them compare to DJI P2?

Also I need to know about cheaper options.
How about Parrot Drone that I believe started it all.
Then the very cheap ones like:

THIS. (external link)
there is a demo video clip here too.
Are these only toy or any real capability? Ad seems convincing of sort of ability.

Manure in mid air? Now that's something I'd like to see one of those RC copters/ aka "drones" do!

HappySnapper90
Cream of the Crop
5,145 posts
Joined Aug 2008

Jan 24, 2015 08:07 |  #238

samsen wrote in post #16768909 (external link)
^^^Must agree. First time I saw one flying at night I had no other thought but UFO.

Well this is the best price I have seen for Phatom 2 DJI for $869, No tax and Free shipping:

LINK (external link)

but unfortunitely this is the GoPro 3 type. May be good for someone that already has GoPro 3. Also by the time you bring it up to First Person View, it will cost the normal deal at least for me but then you can aurgue that GoPro's image quality is better.

All purchases are required to have sales tax paid on them to your home state, unless your home state has to sales tax. If you don't pay tax, if your home state has sales tax, it's tax evasion.

lovemyram4x4
Goldmember
2,198 posts
Gallery: 97 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Mar 2013

Feb 02, 2015 23:54 |  #239

Well I've decided to build a AVP mutirotor. It will support autonomous flight,FPV, telemetry(in both OSD for FPV and to phone/tablet/laptop for autopilot), and capable of 20min of flight time while carrying a DSLR load. I've decided on building an umbrella folding octocopter but haven't decided on X8 or flat 8(I'll probably end up with the latter since it's more efficient). I'm going with a APM(Pixhawk) flight controller and Alexmos(basecam) gimbal controller. I'm going to fabricate my own 3 axis gimbal.

samsen
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 15, 2015 09:37 |  #240

And again Same ol, same olll; So what is new?
LINK (external link)

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

sponsored links

46,084 views & 0 likes for this thread
Quadcopter Drone Wifi Camera
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.