Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 19 Jan 2015 (Monday) 12:59
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 450 - Street Art

OhLook
Spiderwoman
17,843 posts
Gallery: 72 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012
Post edited over 1 year ago by OhLook.

Jan 25, 2015 19:13 |  #61

If art parked on a street qualifies as street art--

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

sponsored links
Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,961 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 25, 2015 19:35 |  #62

As part of an art project some years back, there are dozens of these Peanuts characters all over town. They're all done up differently. This one is in front of an orthodontist's office.

HOSTED PHOTO

This is on the side of a now defunct restaurant.

HOSTED PHOTO

Tim

lavanut
Goldmember
2,490 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 25, 2015 20:37 |  #63

svizzerams wrote in post #17399969 (external link)
I've been off traveling for two weeks...fun topic! Some shots of the mural projects downtown.

I'm impressed at all the cool murals folks are finding. I haven't really seen any out my way. I know there are tons in Atlanta though.

OhLook wrote in post #17400127 (external link)
If art parked on a street qualifies as street art--]

Yep, I agree! Nice capture!

Timphoto wrote in post #17400159 (external link)
As part of an art project some years back, there are dozens of these Peanuts characters all over town. They're all done up differently. This one is in front of an orthodontist's office.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Timphoto in
./showthread.php?p=174​00159&i=i218824643
forum: Member Activities

This is on the side of a now defunct restaurant.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Timphoto in
./showthread.php?p=174​00159&i=i203257068
forum: Member Activities

The Snoopy is pretty cool, Tim! I bet the kids like seeing that when they go to the orthodontist.
And another great mural. I wonder if my family's related to that Hopper somewhere way back down the lines...

I finally got out and found some neat street art in the area. We had great weather to wander and explore a bit. This first character is out in front of a junkyard not too far away. We call him the "Muffler Man" (not sure why since there's really not a muffler around him, but if you say that, folks know what you're talking about). He's pretty freaky when you get a close look at him, and his left hand could be a bit questionable.

IMAGE: http://www.lhdigitals.com/Other/Misc-pix-for-posting/i-DJGDLLk/0/L/IL6A9955-L.jpg

This is part of a collection of a few items in a local park. I think they had local artists contribute.
IMAGE: http://www.lhdigitals.com/Other/Misc-pix-for-posting/i-xwKNZKS/0/L/IL6A9959-L.jpg

This one was out in front of the police station for the same town. It was probably from the same time as the other artists' contributions. The sign nearby called it "The Predator".
IMAGE: http://www.lhdigitals.com/Other/Misc-pix-for-posting/i-PFbxdCp/0/L/IL6A9968-L.jpg

Out in front of another city's City Hall building were a couple of painted dogs. This was the more photogenic of the two.
IMAGE: http://www.lhdigitals.com/Other/Misc-pix-for-posting/i-NQk4w7N/0/L/IL6A9983-L.jpg

And to finish up, this is a memorial near that same City Hall.
IMAGE: http://www.lhdigitals.com/Other/Misc-pix-for-posting/i-j8PzBV2/0/L/IL6A9973-L.jpg

I may be fascinated with volcanoes, but the name's Lisa.
My new website (external link) | ThePhotoHopper on Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Macrohopper on Instagram (nothing but macros) (external link) |
My Weather Station (external link)

Ace ­ and ­ Deuce
Cream of the Crop
5,679 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2012

Jan 25, 2015 21:00 |  #64

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7295/13678592803_855f399723_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/mQJn​5X  (external link) Day #96 - April 06, 2014 - Climbing (external link) by Ace and Deuce (external link), on Flickr

GEAR LIST

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,706 posts
Gallery: 88 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 25, 2015 22:42 |  #65

I didn't get out this weekend, but I really like everyone's local art.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

OldCrow
Goldmember
3,571 posts
Gallery: 150 photos
Joined Mar 2013

Jan 26, 2015 07:59 |  #66

Nice one Oh.

Really like Mr. Frog lavanut. Muffler Man reminds me of my mechanic.

Interesting A&D.

Don
---------------
Canon SX50, Pentax K-5, Pentax K30, Fuji S4950

joayne
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
12,703 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Feb 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by joayne.

Jan 26, 2015 12:33 |  #67

Some wonderful Street Art in your cities and towns folks! Love the murals on the buildings and the freestanding sculptures.. and the mobile art, I even love the folk art. I think where we live is enhanced by art. I've been away from home and couldn't get to some of the art I know about, but here is some art where I was..

Bicycle Rack Art!~

IMAGE: http://joayne.smugmug.com/WeeklyPostingThemes/WORLDWIDE-PHOTO-WEEK/i-fNSC9VZ/0/L/StreetArt1_R2A5132-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://joayne.smugmug.com/WeeklyPostingThemes/WORLDWIDE-PHOTO-WEEK/i-3hpsC9f/0/L/StreetArt2_R2A5133-L.jpg

IMAGE: http://joayne.smugmug.com/WeeklyPostingThemes/WORLDWIDE-PHOTO-WEEK/i-p7Xmzdh/0/L/StreetArt3_R2A5138-L.jpg

I've got my thinking cap on and will post up a new theme in a while :rolleyes:

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

joayne
THREAD ­ STARTER
Cream of the Crop
12,703 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jan 26, 2015 13:25 |  #68

NEW THEME

joayne Contribute to POTN | Worldwide Photo Week

Ricardo222
Cream of the Crop
16,066 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Jan 26, 2015 13:41 |  #69

Am in the middle of a work binge as I start a new project so haven't been able to contribute for the last few days, but I've loved the street art contributions! Lisa, that frog is stunning! And Tim...Nighthawks has always been a favourite of mine.

Growing old disgracefully!

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,706 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 26, 2015 15:57 |  #70

Livermore had local artists paint the electrical boxes around town. Here's one that's close to my shop.

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Stina
flickr (external link)

KT29
Goldmember
2,900 posts
Gallery: 115 photos
Joined Sep 2010

Jan 26, 2015 16:52 as a reply to  @ EastBayGirl's post |  #71

What a great idea to decorate the electrical boxes in the city. Looks like it was done very well, and nicely photographed.
Nice work Stina, and all the others that contributed this week. All fun to see.:-)

Terry

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,706 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Jan 26, 2015 18:16 as a reply to  @ KT29's post |  #72

Thanks, Terry. This is probably the most subtly painted box in town. There's some really colorful ones and funky ones and one that makes me go hmm? All in all, I think they're a great idea.

Stina
flickr (external link)

svizzerams
192 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Mar 2011
Location: Chelanistan: Lost & found on the Sagebrush Steppes of eastern Washington.

Jan 26, 2015 20:28 |  #73

joayne wrote in post #17401103 (external link)
Some wonderful Street Art in your cities and towns folks! Love the murals on the buildings and the freestanding sculptures.. and the mobile art, I even love the folk art. I think where we live is enhanced by art. I've been away from home and couldn't get to some of the art I know about, but here is some art where I was..

Bicycle Rack Art!~
The bike racks are just great! What a good idea.

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

I've got my thinking cap on and will post up a new theme in a while :rolleyes:

Gear List
On the steep learning curve.....:)

svizzerams
192 posts
Gallery: 22 photos
Joined Mar 2011
Location: Chelanistan: Lost & found on the Sagebrush Steppes of eastern Washington.

Jan 26, 2015 20:29 |  #74

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17401411 (external link)
Livermore had local artists paint the electrical boxes around town. Here's one that's close to my shop.

Californians have it going on when it comes to dressing up a town. And one of my favorite flowers. Nice!

Gear List
On the steep learning curve.....:)

lavanut
Goldmember
2,490 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jan 26, 2015 22:11 |  #75

Those bike racks are cool, Joayne!

Stina, I can honestly say I've never seen electrical boxes that were so lovely. :-)

I may be fascinated with volcanoes, but the name's Lisa.
My new website (external link) | ThePhotoHopper on Facebook (external link) | Instagram (external link) | Macrohopper on Instagram (nothing but macros) (external link) |
My Weather Station (external link)

sponsored links

14,565 views & 25 likes for this thread
WORLDWIDE PHOTO WEEK: Part 450 - Street Art
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.