Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
Thread started 28 Jan 2015 (Wednesday) 19:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Adorama Comes Through!

Don ­ Madson
360 posts
Joined May 2005

Jan 28, 2015 19:49 |  #1

I recently ordered Adorama's bundle consisting of a Canon 70D, a Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer, and paper. Somewhere between the loading dock and my doorstep, the box containing the paper and the camera was burgled, and the box arrived without my 70D.

I had ordered THAT bundle, because it offered a $350.00 mail-in rebate, in addition to the $200.00 instant rebate.

I'd like to personally express my appreciation to Helen Oster, Ross, and Jessie for processing the resolution quickly, and without drama, except on my part, where I freaked over the missing camera and the approaching rebate deadline.

They took care of my problems quickly and without questioning my statements.

The camera arrived this evening, and the rebate envelope will be dropped at the Post Office in the morning.

Thanks, Adorama CS team, and Thanks again, Helen!

Regards!
Don

dmadson.photoreflect.c​om
T'ai Chi Ch'uan...Relaxation, with an attitude!
---------------
70D, Mamiya 645 Pro TL, some lenses, a tripod, a monopod, some filters, a few straps, some batteries, 2 flash units, a few bags...;)

sponsored links
vilimo
555 posts
Joined Apr 2008

Jan 28, 2015 19:56 |  #2

Glad that all worked out well in the end for you!!! Enjoy your new toys :D

mhj202
350 posts
Joined Sep 2008

Jan 28, 2015 19:58 |  #3

Great news on how well Adorama handled it.

You did have until early March to submit the rebate though- LOL!

Canon 6D | Canon 50D | Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L | Canon 24-105mm f/4 L IS | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | Canon 580 EX II

FarmerTed1971
fondling the 5D4
6,267 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Sep 2013

Jan 28, 2015 19:59 |  #4

Awesome.
This is why I give them my money. I've had nothing but positive experiences.

Getting better at this - Fuji Xt-2 - Fuji X-Pro2 - Laowa 9mm - 18-55 - 23/35/50/90 f2 WR - 50-140 - flickr (external link) - www.scottaticephoto.co​m (external link)

Don ­ Madson
THREAD ­ STARTER
360 posts
Joined May 2005

Jan 28, 2015 20:04 as a reply to  @ mhj202's post |  #5

Really? I thought it ended at the end of the month, and had to be received by then. OH, well,,,I guess I was in panic mode and didn't read the fine print!

Regards!
Don

---------------
70D, Mamiya 645 Pro TL, some lenses, a tripod, a monopod, some filters, a few straps, some batteries, 2 flash units, a few bags...;)

StarJack
608 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Jan 29, 2015 00:11 |  #6

Whatever Adorama pays Helen, they should give her a raise! Glad you were taken care of by the Adorama team.

Regards,
Steve

HelenOster
That's me!
4,500 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 29, 2015 04:49 |  #7

Don Madson wrote in post #17404868 (external link)
I recently ordered Adorama's bundle consisting of a Canon 70D, a Canon Pixma Pro-100 Printer, and paper. Somewhere between the loading dock and my doorstep, the box containing the paper and the camera was burgled, and the box arrived without my 70D.

I had ordered THAT bundle, because it offered a $350.00 mail-in rebate, in addition to the $200.00 instant rebate.

I'd like to personally express my appreciation to Helen Oster, Ross, and Jessie for processing the resolution quickly, and without drama, except on my part, where I freaked over the missing camera and the approaching rebate deadline.

They took care of my problems quickly and without questioning my statements.

The camera arrived this evening, and the rebate envelope will be dropped at the Post Office in the morning.

Thanks, Adorama CS team, and Thanks again, Helen!

Regards!
Don

Thanks for the shout-out, Don. I made sure to copy to Ross, Jessie - and their manager. Very much appreciated!

HelenOster
That's me!
4,500 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Jan 29, 2015 04:50 |  #8

StarJack wrote in post #17405163 (external link)
Whatever Adorama pays Helen, they should give her a raise! Glad you were taken care of by the Adorama team.

From your mouth, to the Big Guy's ears...............:rolleyes:

scorpio_e
Cream of the Crop
7,402 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Jan 29, 2015 11:01 |  #9

I have no idea why people continue to bad mouth Adorama? This is a great example why I continue to be a loyal customer.

www.steelcityphotograp​hy.com (external link)

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Jan 29, 2015 17:38 |  #10

Lucky for you. They dropped the ball w/ my order. I wish i would've just went and ordered from the other big NYC store.

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

imaterpfan
34 posts
Joined May 2007

Jan 29, 2015 21:01 |  #11

I've had nothing but positive experiences with them and will continue to hand over my hard earned $$ as long as they continue to provide the quality and service I have received in the past.

Don ­ Madson
THREAD ­ STARTER
360 posts
Joined May 2005

Jan 30, 2015 19:35 as a reply to  @ bigcountry's post |  #12

I've done business with both of the big outfits, and haven't been disappointed yet. With the volume they both do, I guess the odds are going to catch up some time.

Regards!
Don

---------------

Rebelution
662 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Apr 2009

Feb 05, 2015 13:51 |  #13

Adorama never fails! Glad to hear about your experience went well!

Gear & Feedback

HelenOster
That's me!
4,500 posts
Joined Jul 2008

Feb 09, 2015 15:26 as a reply to  @ bigcountry's post |  #14

This is something else, since December 2012? I can't see any emails from you - if you already contacted me, can you please re-send?
If you didn't yet, can you, please? Helen@adorama.com

bigcountry
Goldmember
4,485 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Feb 11, 2015 19:32 |  #15

Hi Helen, if you are referencing me, i did contact you, you sent me a $15 coupon, which is nice, but i'd rather had my order overnighted (it was small and lightweight) than the $15 coupon.

Louisville Kentucky Wedding Photographer (external link)
Travel the World and Photograph (external link)
Find me on Facebook (external link)

sponsored links

4,602 views & 13 likes for this thread
Adorama Comes Through!
FORUMS Marketplace & Market Info Market Watch 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.