Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 29 Jan 2015 (Thursday) 07:52
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Camera Backpack Suggestions

Vaun808
30 posts
Joined Apr 2014

Feb 04, 2015 01:38 |  #16

Recommend f-stop as well :)

Sanborn281
81 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Dec 2014

Feb 04, 2015 09:57 |  #17

Im a new guy on this forum. But i've had 3 backpacks and finally found one i truly love!!

I have a bad l5-and l4 so a backpack is a must a sling pack hurts terribly.

I found this Lowepro flipside 400... It is honestly amazing. Raincover and had room for my 14mm 2.8 35mm 1.4 50mm 1.8 and 85mm 1.8 and 70-200 2.8 and 100mm macro and camera. Most times i take the macro 100mm out and leave the 85mm in.

:D

http://www.amazon.com …age_o03_s00?ie=​UTF8&psc=1 (external link)

My flickr (external link)

col_ccc
45 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Feb 05, 2015 23:13 |  #18

Wife has a kata bumblebees 220 and she loves it. Lots of room and very durable.

Chris

cuongduong
197 posts
Joined May 2008

Feb 08, 2015 21:35 |  #19

I have three backpacks. One is the Think Tank Streetwalker Hard drive. It's a tiny bit over your $200 budget, but it would carry all the gears you listed. I use this one whenever I go on a photoshoot that doesn't require flying.

When I fly for assignment, all the gears are loaded into my carry-on: a Pelican 1514, and everything else such as clothes go into my checked bag.

When I go on vacation, I use two backpacks to carry my camera and Surface Pro 3, depends on which airline I pick.

If flying United Airlines, I bring a Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 150AW. This is the only backpack I found that fit United Airlines's personal item sizer: 9"x10"x17". This will allow me to bring my clothes and other travel essentials on my carry-on bag.

The Fastpack 150 AW will fit my 5D III ungripped with 24-70 II attached, a 600 EX-RT, a Sigma 50 f/1.4 Art, and my Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

If flying American Airlines, I take a Lowepro Vertex 100 AW, which can hold quite a bit of gears.

psurrette
529 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 09, 2015 18:58 |  #20

Thinktank.... Built like tanks, great customer service if you should ever have a problem. I currently have 5 of their bags. Depending on the gear I need to take dictates which one I use. Currently the backpack that fits two pro bodies and lens kit for me is the Airport Commuter. A bit more than what you are looking to spend but for me well worth the cost to carry what I need plus a laptop and iPad. I have also owned the Shape Shifter, but did not carry quite enough gear for my needs.

|SportsShooter Member (external link) | PeteSurrettePhotograph​y.com (external link) | Cameras: Fuji XT 2, Fuji XT 1 | Lens: Fuji: XF 10-24 f4, XF 16-55 f2.8 WR, XF 35 f1.4 R, XF 501.2, XF 50-140 f2.8 R, 100-400 f4.5-5.6 | Bags: Thinktank, Domke, Pelican | Feedback: 1-2-3

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

4,839 views & 3 likes for this thread
Camera Backpack Suggestions
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.