Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
Thread started 07 Feb 2015 (Saturday) 05:13
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

760d or 70d

chrise17
75 posts
Joined Jan 2009
Post edited over 4 years ago by chrise17.

Feb 07, 2015 05:13 |  #1

I own an eos 650d rebel class,
I read on forums that the rebels (eos 100d aside) are much smaller & lighter than the more enthusiast models the 70d for example but when comparing size & weight on http://camerasize.com/ (external link) for example there seems to be very little difference millimetres in most cases.

Was considering trading up to the new 760d but for size & weight its likely to be very similar to the 70d which I think is the better buy for money and tech.

Any disagreements?

Thanks for the replies.
I have read of users problems with the 70d autofocus mainly the centre focus point some say its a fault others not.
As for the predicted 80d with I guess an upgraded autofocus still, well that's at least a year or more away yet.
Am inclined to go for the 760d I think keeping my 650d for the newly acquired telescope I have as resale value will be low.
Cant wait for the reviews.
Thanks again.

sponsored links
frozenframe
Goldmember
1,636 posts
Gallery: 175 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jun 2013
Post edited over 4 years ago by frozenframe.

Feb 07, 2015 06:46 |  #2

The 760D (T6s) is very similar to the 70D. There are some differences, such as fps, (5fps vs 7fps) maximum shutter speed, ( 1/4000 vs 1/8000) and then of course megapixels (24.2 Mp vs 20.2 Mp). I have the 650D and the 70D, and there is little difference in size and weight. However I use battery grips on both.

I'm not sure, but I think that the T6s has a built in radio transmitter that can be used with Canon's 600 EX RT & ST E3 RT. If so this would something unique to this camera.

As far as just the size and weight, the 70D is about .3" larger, and about 5oz heavier. Not enough to be noticeable.

Ron
My Gear List

DigiBill
253 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined May 2010
Post edited over 4 years ago by DigiBill.

Feb 07, 2015 07:12 |  #3

I suspect many of us will be making this comparison between the 760d and the 70d trying to decide which direction to go. I still favor the 70d but must admit the 760d is enticing. I still need to see a more thorough list of 760d features and most importantly need to see how the 760d will actually perform in the hands of users here on the forum.

Please feel free to visit our RV Website
http://rv.billdiana.co​mexternal link

crbinson
604 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Feb 07, 2015 07:15 |  #4

frozenframe wrote in post #17419899 (external link)
I'm not sure, but I think that the T6s has a built in radio transmitter that can be used with Canon's 600 EX RT & ST E3 RT. If so this would something unique to this camera.

This is not the case. See my response to your previous post...
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17419919

My Flickr (external link) | My Gear List

frozenframe
Goldmember
1,636 posts
Gallery: 175 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jun 2013

Feb 07, 2015 08:15 |  #5

crbinson wrote in post #17419924 (external link)
This is not the case. See my response to your previous post...
https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17419919

Yep, I posted in this thread first.

Ron
My Gear List

mrfixitx
607 posts
Gallery: 48 photos
Joined Aug 2007

Feb 07, 2015 08:39 |  #6

I would personally say the 70D for the larger viewfinder and better controls including the additional control options near the top LCD and the larger grip. The rebel grip while functional doesn't feel as satisfying as the 70D grip does.

Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships! - Ansel Adams (external link)
http://www.brandons-photography.com/ (external link)

DoughnutPhoto
513 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2014

Feb 07, 2015 09:15 as a reply to  @ mrfixitx's post |  #7

Well, the 760d (the t6s, not the t6i) has the top LCD and the back control dial. Those are big things in my book and this creeps it closer to the 70d class.

I would wait for the reviews to appear. The 760d is very new and I'm willing to bet there are a lot of people wondering wether to get the 760d, 70d or 7d as they all seem to be at the same price (new 760d, used 70d and 7d). I also expect the 80d to be just around the corner because the 760d is likely to eat into the 70d sales.

Canon 5d, 60d, 17-40mm L, 30mm Art, 50mm, 85mm

mickeyb105
Goldmember
2,536 posts
Gallery: 396 photos
Joined Dec 2011

Feb 07, 2015 22:28 |  #8

mrfixitx wrote in post #17420024 (external link)
I would personally say the 70D for the larger viewfinder and better controls including the additional control options near the top LCD and the larger grip. The rebel grip while functional doesn't feel as satisfying as the 70D grip does.

I used to shoot a 650D in tandem with my old 60D and there was definitely a difference between the two physically--particularly in the grip. For any kind of run and gun shooting--sports or events in particular--the 60D was my primary because it handled better on the fly. And to be sure, the top LCD and larger viewfinder contributed to my preference as well as adjusting ISO IN 1/3 stops.

Sony A99ii, RX-100ii, Sonnar T* 135mm f1.8 ZA, Planar T* 50mm F1.4 ZA, 24mm f/2 SSM Distagon T*, Minolta HS 200 2.8 APO, Minolta 2xTC APO, HVL-F43M
Flickr (external link)

samsen
Cream of the Crop
7,468 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Feb 07, 2015 23:17 |  #9

For the given moment, if I were in your shoe, my choice would surely be the T6s / 760D, no question asked.

Well won't make sense not to ask so yes T6s has the WiFi (Apparently better than older ones), very nice Touch screen LCD, then top of the camera amber LCD like higher end cameras, but more importantly something very different from others, it gives you the advantage of HDR video, that if you haven't heard off, you are not be blamed as this is the first time technology is used. It shoots at 60 fps when every other shoot is slight off and then correct exposure to give you HDR effect on Video. No other camera has this at this time. On the other hand you don't have to deal with the currently known problems of 70D, say that AFing problem. But then one thing I am sure of, new 70D is going to show up soon and no one knows what that can give you more. Of course you would know that you may need to pay 50% or more on price tag.

So all in all, T6s is a wise choice at about $850 for body only, to arrive at your door by this April.

Weak retaliates,
Strong Forgives,
Intelligent Ignores!
Samsen
Picture editing OK

the ­ jimmy
Goldmember
1,422 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 08, 2015 09:39 |  #10

If I've read the previews correctly the sensor in the 760 is new, if that's the case then
until real world testing is done, and we know more about the IQ of this sensor, that will be the trigger point for many of us.

I am hoping to upgrade to the 760D from my 450D if we get the good news.

sponsored links

3,612 views & 0 likes for this thread
760d or 70d
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Vs. Camera 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.