Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
Thread started 11 Feb 2015 (Wednesday) 04:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

WCL-X100 ordered

bent ­ toe
Goldmember
1,951 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Jul 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by bent toe.

Feb 11, 2015 04:20 |  #1

I already got the TCL as some of you might know, and i'm more than pleased with it. Superb IQ and no loss in f-stops.
Been reading alot about the WCL and how much people appreciate it and really like it. For me it's been the price, sure it's made in Japan and feels sturdy and well built, but it's still only 7mm wider AND expensive.

But a few days ago i saw a sale on it, 50% off, coming in at $239 / £157 / €211 and i instantly started convincing myself that those extra 7mm was good and necessary for my X100s :)
Anyway, ordered a black one this morning and it will arrive tomorrow.

Will update with thoughts and impressions in this thread.

Anyone else own it? Used it?

"High life on low budget"
bent photos (external link)Portfoliobox (external link)
X-Pro1 XF 35 f/1.4

bent ­ toe
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,951 posts
Gallery: 106 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Jul 2012

Feb 12, 2015 06:14 |  #2

Been playing around with it for an hour or so.. very impressed with it.
The first thing that struck me was how little it was, i mean VERY little.. guess i'm used to the TCL.

Construction feels solid and as others have said, it feels like it's integrated with the camera, not a screw on lens.
Bokeh is great, corner sharpness is the same as the 23mm at f/2.

AF is as fast as with the 23mm, and it's faster than the TCL (it blocks the AF assist lamp more).

I've heard people saying the WCL makes the camera front heavy, i havent noticed this when having it around my neck or holding it in my hand.. but once i set it down on a table it tilts forward, the TCL is constructed so that the front of the lens is in line with the cameras bottomplate so when you set it down with the TCL on, it stays flat on the surface.

I never thought the 7mm width would do much, i can now say that it actually does... i instantly feel that i can fit much more into the frame.

Another good thing for us OVF users is that the display is different from the TCL, it has a wider frame with 4 corners so you can never mistaken wich converter you have on.

I'm super happy and thrilled for this upcoming weekend where a bunch of us is going away to shoot long exposures, the WCL will be perfect.

Some bokeh action

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7428/16509448275_6f0669ffdc_c.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/r9Te​MV  (external link) bokeh (external link) by bent toe (external link), on Flickr

"High life on low budget"
bent photos (external link)Portfoliobox (external link)
X-Pro1 XF 35 f/1.4

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

670 views & 0 likes for this thread
WCL-X100 ordered
FORUMS Other Digital Cameras Fuji Digital Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.