Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 04 Dec 2005 (Sunday) 17:34
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

STICKY: Member introductions

grazamataz
434 posts
Gallery: 65 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Oct 2014

Jan 04, 2015 20:54 |  #976

Hello all, I am brand new to the community and thought I'd do an intro for myself since I plan on trying to contribute where I can. I have had an interest in photography for years (took two semesters of a photo class back in college 10 years ago) but never really had the resources to really get into it until a couple months ago when I finally took the leap on a T5i with the 18-135mm and the nifty fifty. I gave the fifty to my sister for Christmas and replaced it with the 85mm/1.8, and I received the new EF-S 24mm/2.8 pancake for Christmas.

my main intentions are to develop skills in portraiture and some landscape/wildlife/mac​ro photography, but i am a bit of an introvert so i see that as being my biggest challenge, if i'm being honest. my goal for this year is to be able to make a decent side income from my photos and maybe within a few years, once i've honed my skills enough, pursue it full-time, probably adding weddings into the mix. i edit exclusively in Lightroom right now but am starting to dabble in PS.

looking forward to reading and learning all i can from what appears to be a fantastic community!

Fuji X-T3
Chris Greig Photography (external link)

sponsored links
rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,589 posts
Gallery: 75 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jan 04, 2015 21:02 as a reply to  @ grazamataz's post |  #977

Welcome to these boards.:-) You will enjoy it here, this is a great community.

Mark

hoddo1812
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Jan 2015

Jan 13, 2015 08:19 |  #978

What-ho everyone...newbie to potn here. Just stopping by to say hello.

I'm a jobbing photographer here in the UK.

rrblint
22,589 posts
Joined May 2012

Jan 13, 2015 08:23 as a reply to  @ hoddo1812's post |  #979

Welcome hoddo.:-)

Mark

C100
Hatchling
7 posts
Joined Oct 2011

Jan 15, 2015 17:31 |  #980

Hi, my name is Allan and I live in a small town in Buckinghamshire UK (just north of London)
Im kind of new to photography but have taken a couple of classes to learn more.
Not too sure of what kind of photography Im really into yet, but kind of leaning to landscape and street.
Looked at joining a local photography society, but not ready for the competition route that that involves yet.
Ideally I would like some local buddies to encourage me to go out and take photographs individually or as a group.

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,892 posts
Gallery: 1075 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015
Post edited over 6 years ago by itsallart.

Feb 04, 2015 20:52 |  #981

Hi, my name is Renata. I'm an artist as in mostly portrait oil painting etc but photography has been my greatest passion for years and I'm talking about about many years like 50 or more, so, I'm an oldie. Transplanted from Poland, via 11 countries and 4 continents and now stuck in Texas of all places :) Just stopped by to say hello to all of you. I have been lurking for a while but only recently started posting; I'm sure you all know how that goes. I'm here to learn and share as well as enjoy myself :) What a great forum!

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Face Masks on Etsy (external link)

rrblint
22,589 posts
Joined May 2012

Feb 04, 2015 21:56 |  #982

Welcome Renata.:-)

Mark

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,892 posts
Gallery: 1075 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Feb 04, 2015 22:00 |  #983

rrblint wrote in post #17415895 (external link)
Welcome Renata.:-)

Thnak you Mark :)

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Face Masks on Etsy (external link)

DGStinner
Goldmember
1,042 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Jan 2014

Feb 05, 2015 10:12 |  #984

I've been a member here for a little over a year and never saw this thread.

My name is Dave and I'm from New Jersey.
I got into photography when I was about 10. My parents bought me a Canon AE-1 Program for Christmas one year. I never learned how to take photos in manual mode as there really wasn't anyone in my family who knew much about photography. Before the AE-1, my previous camera was a Kodak copy of a Polaroid which I won on a family trip to Disneyworld.
Eventually, I stopped taking photos and I'm pretty sure it's mostly because my parents were getting tired of buying rolls of film and paying for the film to be developed.
My first digital camera was a Sony which stored the photos on a floppy disk. After that, I upgraded to an HP Photosmart 720, then a Canon PowerShot A590IS, and then the Rebel T3 I currently use.
I mostly take photos of places I go to, even though my wife complains I never take any of us while we're at the location. I also like to take photos when I attend drag races every year. Lately, I've been taking tons of photos of our kitten.

321slash
38 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Feb 06, 2015 13:23 |  #985

Not going to lie, need to increase my post count so I can get in that marketplace :)

I'm Chris from Vancouver, BC, Canada. Started with doing video (weddings and events mostly) but started photography when I got my first DSLR, the Canon T2i, when it was the hot item for doing affordable cinema-like video. The moved onto the 60D, 6D, and finally, Panasonic GH4. Then I needed a smaller camera for travel and general purpose, especially with a baby on the way. This started with the EOS M, Fuji X-M1, and finally, the Sony a6000 which I recently sold, and am in the market for a new one (likely Panasonic, to share lenses with my GH4).

I am a gear addict and spend a lot of time reading/watching gear reviews, and when I am interested in something, spend hours looking for good prices on it!

cjoprey
54 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jul 2014

Feb 09, 2015 17:10 |  #986

Hi all,

Long time lurker - mainly as I didn't (and still don't really) have the confidence in my photography, or my post processing skills... Just posted my first images on here, so hoping to be much more active in the community moving forward.

I'm in my 40s, and have owned several digital bridge cameras ever since my original trusty Fuji MX 2900 back in the very early days of digital cameras... Last year I finally jumped in the deep end and got myself a Canon 60D and a couple of lenses, and I'm loving it!

Main interests are animals (of any kind) and macro shots. I'm really hoping to learn more from you all, and maybe get the confidence to start doing people shots as well.

Geographically I live in Suffolk in the UK, although I started off in Belgium and came to England via Kenya...

Thanks for listening to my rambling, and hope to talk to you all on here in future!

Regards,
Chris.

karobinson
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 13, 2015 00:58 as a reply to  @ cjoprey's post |  #987

Welcome to the party... how are you liking your 60d? I shoot with a 60d when not shooting ff with the 5d3.

Ann Robinson:)
My Gear: bunch of stuff;....some I love ... some I hate ... some I can't live without..loving my 5d3...

cjoprey
54 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Jul 2014

Feb 13, 2015 06:22 as a reply to  @ karobinson's post |  #988

I'm loving it - coming from a series of bridge cameras (all Fujifilm, and fixed zoom lenses), I really love the extra features and the flexibility removable lenses provide.

I've noticed I've finally moved away from using Auto or P modes now I have the Canon, and spend much more time using the semi-manual modes... Still not confident enough to go for fully manual though! :)

Charistuul
82 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2015

Feb 14, 2015 16:04 |  #989

My name is Chris. I am nearly 50 years old and I live in the Midwest (Southeast Missouri)
I am a service manager for a small privately owned company. We provide on site equipment repair services for grocery stores, delis, meat processing plants, and restaurants.

My photography interest began young shooting C-126 film and have gone on since then. I started 35mm with a Rebel G around 2002 and upgraded to an EOS 1 shooting almost exclusively with Velvia 50 slide film. Around 2006 I bought a small non-SLR Kodak digital camera that I really enjoyed for a couple of years. In 2008 I had my first Digital SLR, a Canon 50D and I just upgraded after 6+ years to a 5D Mark III which is in transit now and should arrive by Tuesday.

I love to shoot nature/color. I just love flowers, close-ups, macro, animals/birds and scenes from mountains to sunsets. I do also shoot people and have even done a couple of weddings for friends and shoots for proms for friends and relatives. I am an amateur and though I have enjoyed photography for several years I am still a novice in many ways. I have never sold my work and to be honest I don't know how much if any of my work is really marketable.

I look forward to learning from experts in this forum and I am really glad to have joined.

Dfenton.
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Feb 2015

Feb 24, 2015 17:25 |  #990

Hello everyone,

My name is Douglas - I have been lurking on these forums for a while and finally decided to join the community!

I do architecture and interior design - as well as 3d rendering and visualisation together with photography. I find that there are many parallels between the rendering and real world photography - the two feed into each other.

I have some photography and visualisation work on my website (www.edgargeorge.com (external link)). I am looking forward to being part of the discussion on here!

All the best,

D.

Douglas
www.edgargeorge.com

sponsored links

252,757 views & 63 likes for this thread
Member introductions
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.