Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 25 Oct 2010 (Monday) 04:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The OLDER Photographers' thread...

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,589 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 03, 2015 18:23 |  #9286

jay125 wrote in post #17414024 (external link)
FWIW, I did an obit search for his name and none came back in the state of Arizona. Perhaps his computer crashed or, more possibly, since the phone is no longer in service, he would most likely have no internet at the moment either. I think he is fine and will be back soon. And when he reads this he will either love us or be very very angry. I blame Chet.

But you brought it up 1st.

sponsored links
LV ­ Moose
Moose gets blamed for everything.
23,414 posts
Gallery: 222 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Dec 2008

Feb 03, 2015 18:36 |  #9287

irrelevant

Moose

Gear... Flickr (external link)...Flickr 2 (external link)...
Macro (external link)...Hummingbirds (external link)
Aircraft (external link)

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,755 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 05, 2015 07:05 |  #9288

Chet wrote in post #17414059 (external link)
But you brought it up 1st.

This is true.

feedback

gear list

karobinson
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 13, 2015 17:25 |  #9289

Who did you lose now? I was just getting to like this new layout of the site then I realized I couldn't find the Older Photogs and panic set in....have to say wasn't too easy finding you all. Then I thought...maybe they be hanging out in the lounge. Yes, score, there you are hanging out in the lounge.

Ann Robinson:)
My Gear: bunch of stuff;....some I love ... some I hate ... some I can't live without..loving my 5d3...

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,755 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 14, 2015 08:24 |  #9290

Its been two months now since we've heard from Roger.

feedback

gear list

Chet
my rates fluctuate
43,589 posts
Gallery: 130 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Feb 14, 2015 11:24 |  #9291

karobinson wrote in post #17430747 (external link)
Who did you lose now? I was just getting to like this new layout of the site then I realized I couldn't find the Older Photogs and panic set in....have to say wasn't too easy finding you all. Then I thought...maybe they be hanging out in the lounge. Yes, score, there you are hanging out in the lounge.

Do you know how to import your followed threads (subscriptions)?

https://photography-on-the.net …/import_subscri​ptions.php

karobinson
Goldmember
1,236 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Feb 14, 2015 11:27 as a reply to  @ Chet's post |  #9292

Now I do...

Ann Robinson:)
My Gear: bunch of stuff;....some I love ... some I hate ... some I can't live without..loving my 5d3...

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,755 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Feb 14, 2015 13:02 |  #9293

And me. Thanks Chet

feedback

gear list

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,302 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 26, 2015 11:07 |  #9294

Is everyone still hibernating? Not everyone is in the midst of winter's glorious-ness like us North Americans are, surely some of you are still thawed out!

Melody

treebound
547 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011
Post edited over 6 years ago by treebound.

Feb 26, 2015 11:37 |  #9295

This could probably fit better into a different section/thread, but I'm going to post it in this one just because I want to.

I've been thinking of buying separate memory cards for my camera so I can separate the family/grandkid images from my personal (craigslist, artistic, creative, experimental) images.

That way when we get back home or are at a relative's house I can just hand over the "family" card to download, and I won't get all of the "what is this a picture of" and "why did you take a picture of that" along with the occasional "that's kind of interesting and neat, how'd you do that" types of comments and questions. Then when I'm on the shared computer at home, or when I'm using the work computer for temporary storage and uploads, I can also keep things separate instead of having to remember if the bicycle trail and fishing photos are before or after or in-between one grandkid's birthday party and another grandkid's soccer games.

Just curious if anyone else does anything similar to this?

Anyway, that's my "older" thoughts for the day.

=====
60D w/18-135 kit lens, 55-250mm, EF 50mm 1.8, 580EXII flash.

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,302 posts
Gallery: 120 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Feb 26, 2015 11:47 |  #9296

I have done that, in a way. I haven't dedicated any particular cards, but on different occasions I have switched out cards for different purposes. Sometimes it could be because someone asked me to take a handful of family photos in the middle of a day of shooting something else and I want quicker access to those specific photos, rather than having them in the middle of others. Or on vacation I will use a slower writing card for times that things are happening slower, keep the faster card for action times.
I can definitely see the benefits in keeping work and play separate.

Melody

number ­ six
fully entitled to be jealous
8,953 posts
Joined May 2007

Feb 26, 2015 15:00 |  #9297

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #17450896 (external link)
Is everyone still hibernating? Not everyone is in the midst of winter's glorious-ness like us North Americans are, surely some of you are still thawed out!

We're not frozen on the Left Coast. Right now (1PM) it's sunny, 70 degrees F (22C), gentle breeze. Now that I think of it, time to open the window!

-js

"Be seeing you."
50D - 17-55 f/2.8 IS - 18-55 IS - 28-105 II USM - 60 f/2.8 macro - 70-200 f/4 L - Sigma flash

treebound
547 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

Feb 26, 2015 15:16 |  #9298

number six wrote in post #17451199 (external link)
We're not frozen on the Left Coast. Right now (1PM) it's sunny, 70 degrees F (22C), gentle breeze. Now that I think of it, time to open the window!

-js

(walking outside now, forming a snowball, and trying my best to aim for the open window on the west coast ;) )

=====
60D w/18-135 kit lens, 55-250mm, EF 50mm 1.8, 580EXII flash.

MikeThompson
262 posts
Joined Mar 2009

Feb 26, 2015 16:23 as a reply to  @ Jill-of-all-Trades's post |  #9299

It's been pretty brutal down here in Florida. We went diving the other day and the wind was so bad we had to put on t-shirts when we got back on the boat. BRRRRRR

Mike
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming....."WOW, WHAT A RIDE".

Lbsimon
...never exercised in my life
2,685 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Jan 2011

Feb 26, 2015 17:46 as a reply to  @ MikeThompson's post |  #9300

I think I should change my reservation in Miami for a vacation in Maine. I think the wife will approve... :-)

sponsored links

1,009,946 views & 178 likes for this thread
The OLDER Photographers' thread...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.