Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
Thread started 25 Jun 2012 (Monday) 18:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Post your CAT pictures here! (2)

misty66
Goldmember
4,107 posts
Gallery: 30 photos
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 23, 2015 07:43 |  #4756

So Miss Luna had to go to the Vet again, we now have to try a Proteins free diet (if I spell that right) so no more chicken for her... :(
Let's hope it works...Luna is a trouble with food.

IMAGE: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8631/16436445868_e6385dfa81_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/r3r5​HJ  (external link) Luna on a diet mum..why? (external link)

Her sister has no problems at all and eats almost everything :)

IMAGE: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8580/16436609930_b2487c8876_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/r3rV​uo  (external link) Lazy Yari on a Monday morning (external link)

Please call me Sandra
My girls (external link)
hutfotografie (external link)

sponsored links
LonelyBoy
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 23, 2015 08:57 |  #4757

misty66 wrote in post #17445436 (external link)
So Miss Luna had to go to the Vet again, we now have to try a Proteins free diet (if I spell that right) so no more chicken for her... :(

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/r3r5​HJ  (external link) Luna on a diet mum..why? (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/r3rV​uo  (external link) Lazy Yari on a Monday morning (external link)

A protein-free diet for a carnivore? -?

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/127590681@N03/ (external link)
I love a like, but feedback (including CC) is even better!

misty66
Goldmember
4,107 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 23, 2015 09:17 |  #4758

LonelyBoy wrote in post #17445509 (external link)

Yep doesn't happen a lot but sometimes it does apparently and Luna is the "lucky" one... :-|

Please call me Sandra
My girls (external link)

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 23, 2015 17:19 |  #4759

LonelyBoy wrote in post #17445509 (external link)

That was my reaction. My cat squeaky may have the opposite problem. He started losing weight rapidly and lost a pound in just three weeks before the vet finally diagnosed his condition correctly. His ailment is very similar to Celiac disease found in humans. Celiac disease is an immune system disorder that is triggered by gluten in wheat and several other grains. Gluten is a plant protein that the immune system reacts to by destroying tiny cells in the lining in the small intestine thus preventing absorption of Nutrients into the bloodstream. The treatment was to give him prednisone. The prednisone stimulated his appetite which helped tremendously to give him energy. But then the prednisone caused him to develop diabetes. In retrospect, I think that the dosage for the prednisone should have been less, but his condition was so serious that he needed something drastic to turn his condition around. Now it is a balancing act ... the prednisone dose has been cut in half and we have bracketed the insulin injections that will hopefully keep his blood sugar within the normal range.

You might want to follow up with your vet about the protein intolerance in Luna. I have a feeling that ithe protein might be gluten and not animal protein that needs to be eliminated from Luna's diet. It is surprising how much wheat gluten is found in cat food, especially the dry cat food. I also found that their favorite foods have the greatest amounts of wheat gluten. Some cat food that doesn't have wheat gluten has corn gluten or starches such as potato starch. NOTE: I am using the American definitions of wheat and corn which are probably different than British English.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

misty66
Goldmember
4,107 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 24, 2015 00:45 |  #4760

Thanks Bill, for Luna it is probably proteins from chicken, we have now started with an elimination diet. No let me say that correctly she is going to start. First thing is to get her to eat again. She also gets prednisone. And we stop with feeding anything Chicken.
She already eats grainfree food, as I would like them to eat raw, Yari is not having it Luna likes it more. She is a trouble eater but for now I bought things which she is aloud to eat.
So two days she can eat anything because she has to start eating (and she does) and than a chicken free diet. And if that is not it, we have to eliminate other things than can cause her to vomit because of that she stops to eat.
Thanks for your info hope squeaky will feel better soon too.

Please call me Sandra
My girls (external link)

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 24, 2015 01:59 |  #4761

Cats are picky eaters. One day they will like one kind of food and the next they don't. Perhaps I should try some of their natural foods like lizards, mice, and birds. :rolleyes:

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.

Cananeer
147 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 24, 2015 04:28 |  #4762

Jason C wrote in post #17440607 (external link)
Goodbye Chloe

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qZys​FC  (external link)

2006-2015

Chloe's human, Jason

So sorry for your loss Jason and Chloe was so young too :-(
I lost a dear friend of 14 years back on the 6th of Feb - lots of wonderful memories I wish for you and family :love:

Cananeer
147 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 24, 2015 04:39 |  #4763

misty66 wrote in post #17445436 (external link)

QUOTED IMAGE

QUOTED IMAGE

Wish you the best with Luna and her change of food.
Cats can sure be picky some times but to have to choose for them and the get them to eat is the hard part.

Cananeer
147 posts
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 24, 2015 04:43 |  #4764

Bill Boehme wrote in post #17446939 (external link)
Cats are picky eaters. One day they will like one kind of food and the next they don't. Perhaps I should try some of their natural foods like lizards, mice, and birds. :rolleyes:

Oh they sure can be - now if you enjoy any of the cats personal choices let us know :lol:

LonelyBoy
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Gallery: 84 photos
Joined Oct 2014

Feb 24, 2015 06:43 |  #4765

misty66 wrote in post #17446868 (external link)
Thanks Bill, for Luna it is probably proteins from chicken, we have now started with an elimination diet. No let me say that correctly she is going to start. First thing is to get her to eat again. She also gets prednisone. And we stop with feeding anything Chicken.
She already eats grainfree food, as I would like them to eat raw, Yari is not having it Luna likes it more. She is a trouble eater but for now I bought things which she is aloud to eat.
So two days she can eat anything because she has to start eating (and she does) and than a chicken free diet. And if that is not it, we have to eliminate other things than can cause her to vomit because of that she stops to eat.
Thanks for your info hope squeaky will feel better soon too.

Good luck! Some cats are tough to handle with the food - mine is now on the C/D prescription diet (which he likes, fortunately), but before that...

He likes Friskies well enough, but when I learned how bad that was for him, I tried ALL the high-quality foods and the only one he'd eat was Dr Weil's Pet Promise. They stopped making that, and it was a mad rush to find something, anything, that he'd eat, and he again turned down all the high-quality, grain-free foods, but this time, at whole foods, I found Spot's Stew (salmon), which he liked. I think it still had chicken in it, even though the first ingredient was salmon meal, but that's one you could check in case I remember wrong (if you don't already have the right food lined up for her).

https://www.flickr.com​/photos/127590681@N03/ (external link)
I love a like, but feedback (including CC) is even better!

archer1960
Goldmember
4,930 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Feb 24, 2015 06:56 |  #4766

Bill Boehme wrote in post #17446939 (external link)

As long as they're invasive birds like Starlings, feel free!

Gripped 7D, gripped, full-spectrum modfied T1i (500D), SX50HS, A2E film body, Tamzooka (150-600), Tamron 90mm/2.8 VC (ver 2), Tamron 18-270 VC, Canon FD 100 f/4.0 macro, Canon 24-105 f/4L,Canon EF 200 f/2.8LII, Canon 85 f/1.8, Tamron Adaptall 2 90mmf/2.5 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Canon EX-430 flash, Vivitar DF-383 flash, Astro-Tech AT6RC and Celestron NexStar 102 GT telescopes, various other semi-crappy manual lenses and stuff.

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 24, 2015 12:48 |  #4767

Cananeer wrote in post #17447026 (external link)
... now if you enjoy any of the cats personal choices let us know :lol:

Well, I've eaten crow before ..... :-D

.... and properly prepared, it isn't half bad. :rolleyes:

misty66
Goldmember
4,107 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Feb 24, 2015 16:15 |  #4768

LonelyBoy wrote in post #17447106 (external link)
Good luck! Some cats are tough to handle with the food - mine is now on the C/D prescription diet (which he likes, fortunately), but before that...

He likes Friskies well enough, but when I learned how bad that was for him, I tried ALL the high-quality foods and the only one he'd eat was Dr Weil's Pet Promise. They stopped making that, and it was a mad rush to find something, anything, that he'd eat, and he again turned down all the high-quality, grain-free foods, but this time, at whole foods, I found Spot's Stew (salmon), which he liked. I think it still had chicken in it, even though the first ingredient was salmon meal, but that's one you could check in case I remember wrong (if you don't already have the right food lined up for her).

Thanks for the tip, we can't buy that here (can't help that I'm Dutch... :p). At the moment everything is good with Luna, I decided to give her some differend type of raw meat and fish and I keep my fingers crossed that it works.

Please call me Sandra
My girls (external link)

Old ­ Father ­ William
Hatchling
9 posts
Joined Dec 2014

Feb 24, 2015 18:42 as a reply to  @ post 17440630 |  #4769

Bandit reminds me of my Tuxedo boys, Basil & Toby. Good looking fellow!

- I worked so my cats could play -

itsallart
Cream of the Crop
10,841 posts
Gallery: 1070 photos
Best ofs: 4
Joined Jan 2015

Feb 24, 2015 19:14 as a reply to  @ misty66's post |  #4770

misty66, I really hope that your cat gets better after being on a healthy raw meat and fish diet. All that canned stuff is maybe not good for her. I wouldn't want to live on it myself :) Good luck with your lovely kitty :)

Renata
Seeing lights and shadows is an art :)
Renata Sharman (external link)Tanami Muse (external link)
500px (external link)
Etsy Store (external link)

sponsored links

2,920,852 views & 41,994 likes for this thread
Post your CAT pictures here! (2)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Pets 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.