Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras 
Thread started 01 Dec 2014 (Monday) 13:02
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Nikon D750

Poe
Goldmember
1,956 posts
Joined Oct 2005

Feb 18, 2015 12:54 |  #211

Sorry to hear about the experiences of some of you d750 owners. I've got a d750 and a 60 micro in my cart at B&H. Still torn between that and getting the 70-200 f/4 VR. :lol: I really want to be part of the group.

Nikon D750, D7200 | Nikon-Nikkor 14-24G, 60G Micro, 70-300E | SIGMA 35A, 105 OS, 24-105 OS | ZEISS Distagon 2.0/25 Classic, Apo-Distagon 1.4/55 Otus, Apo-Planar 1.4/85 Otus, Makro-Planar 2/100 Classic, Apo-Sonnar 2/135 Classic

sponsored links
Village_Idiot
THREAD ­ STARTER
GREATEST POTN MEMBER EVER
3,695 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 25, 2015 06:22 |  #212

Still without a camera. I sent it in the first times on 1/29 and yesterday evening I confirmed it was at their service center still. 4 more days and they'll have had it an entire month. I was supposed to have shot a new restaurant in town by now.

My village called. I was told that they missed me.

Speedotron users, untie!

Southswede
950 posts
Joined Nov 2004

Feb 25, 2015 10:21 as a reply to  @ Village_Idiot's post |  #213

What do you have for back-up equipment?

Most of us have back-up equipment in case something breaks. (I have back-ups for the back-up too).

Village_Idiot
THREAD ­ STARTER
3,695 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 25, 2015 14:19 |  #214

Southswede wrote in post #17449146 (external link)
What do you have for back-up equipment?

Most of us have back-up equipment in case something breaks. (I have back-ups for the back-up too).

I had back up Canon gear, but right now my back up is limited to a Rebel a kit lens, and a crap 70-300 variable aperture zoom. The speedlights I have to work on it are manual. I'm probably going to buy two older Nikon cameras and when I was shooting Canon, I could use the rebel and everything would work out because I could still use lenses and E-TTL Canon flashes, but it looks like I got a bit hasty with my switch.

Speedotron users, untie!

scotchtape
152 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Feb 25, 2015 17:31 as a reply to  @ Village_Idiot's post |  #215

Hahaha. I used my Canon 6D the other day because both were in shop.
The second D750 has now been in the shop for 1 month total. I think it has less than 100 clicks on it...

So sad.

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,385 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

Feb 26, 2015 19:34 |  #216

scotchtape wrote in post #17449824 (external link)
Hahaha. I used my Canon 6D the other day because both were in shop.
The second D750 has now been in the shop for 1 month total. I think it has less than 100 clicks on it...

So sad.

Whats wrong with it?

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

Village_Idiot
THREAD ­ STARTER
3,695 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Feb 27, 2015 06:54 as a reply to  @ scotchtape's post |  #217

Do tell.

Speedotron users, untie!

scotchtape
152 posts
Joined Aug 2013

Feb 27, 2015 10:51 |  #218

Posted in the forum earlier: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17428610

TLDR: Got the service advisory done.
Brought home, testing for flare.
Screen dies.

Take back to service center, tech blames me for using 3rd party battery.
Says mainboard needs to be replaced.

Yeah, right, 3rd party battery that works fine "somehow doesn't provide enough power".
Which somehow causes the screen to die because the components have to "work harder" (his words).
I'm no electronics expert but... the voltage on the battery checks out, so how can the amp draw be affected?

So far it's been one month of camera in shop and I checked a few days ago - no parts anywhere in sight.
Why not call a spade a spade - probably a cap on the main board failed or something, which has nothing to do with me.

Le sigh.

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,385 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Feb 27, 2015 11:01 |  #219

scotchtape wrote in post #17452387 (external link)
Posted in the forum earlier: https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17428610

TLDR: Got the service advisory done.
Brought home, testing for flare.
Screen dies.

Take back to service center, tech blames me for using 3rd party battery.
Says mainboard needs to be replaced.

Yeah, right, 3rd party battery that works fine "somehow doesn't provide enough power".
Which somehow causes the screen to die because the components have to "work harder" (his words).
I'm no electronics expert but... the voltage on the battery checks out, so how can the amp draw be affected?

So far it's been one month of camera in shop and I checked a few days ago - no parts anywhere in sight.
Why not call a spade a spade - probably a cap on the main board failed or something, which has nothing to do with me.

Le sigh.

Boy oh boy...I don't understand these big companies. yet another black eye for nikon.

Paul
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

Village_Idiot
THREAD ­ STARTER
3,695 posts
Joined Jan 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by Village_Idiot.

Mar 01, 2015 18:04 |  #220

Well, Nikon said that due to a 3rd party screen protector, the "stuck pixel" was just dust. That's BS. They were there before the screen protector went on an can only be seen when the rear LCD is on, so it's obviously no dust. The guy on the phone basically said that I would have to send it back in again without the screen protector if I wanted it fixed. Nikon customer service is terrible.

They'll have spent as much money in shipping cost as it would have been to fix it in the first place. Morons...

Speedotron users, untie!

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,385 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 01, 2015 18:08 |  #221

Village_Idiot wrote in post #17455763 (external link)
Well, Nikon said that due to a 3rd party screen protector, the "stuck pixel" was just dust. That's BS. They were there before the screen protector went on an can only be seen when the rear LCD is on, so it's obviously no dust. The guy on the phone basically said that I would have to send it back in again without the screen protector if I wanted it fixed. Nikon customer service is terrible.

They'll have spent as much money in shipping cost as it would have been to fix it in the first place. Morons...

I'm just wondering if you called them before you sent the camera in? I'm dismayed at how incompetent they can be.

Paul
Body - Nikon D750

dgrPhotos
Cream of the Crop
7,501 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

Mar 02, 2015 06:27 |  #222

Almost sounds like they are trying to wear you down and hope you give up. Unfortunately it will just end up having you give up on the brand. With the numbers they've been posting I don't know how they can afford to do so. Makes no sense to me.

Village_Idiot
THREAD ­ STARTER
3,695 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 02, 2015 08:12 as a reply to  @ ptcanon3ti's post |  #223

I did. I talked to them several times. I'll have to put everything together in one post. It's like they're doing all they can to get me to go away without fixing the camera. At this point, I'd gladly deal with less DR and the crappier AF of my 5D MKII just to have a camera in hand.

Speedotron users, untie!

scotchtape
152 posts
Joined Aug 2013
Post edited over 4 years ago by scotchtape.

Mar 02, 2015 10:34 |  #224

Village_Idiot wrote in post #17456593 (external link)
I did. I talked to them several times. I'll have to put everything together in one post. It's like they're doing all they can to get me to go away without fixing the camera. At this point, I'd gladly deal with less DR and the crappier AF of my 5D MKII just to have a camera in hand.

I'm miffed too. I don't understand why they feel the need to make their customers feel terrible.
The DR makes me cry on the Canon side though.

I still have one 6D left that I'm selling this week, at least I had a camera, sorry for you man :(

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,385 posts
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 02, 2015 11:26 |  #225

This is just so disturbing on SO MANY levels. Who is the president of Nikon USA?

Paul
Body - Nikon D750

sponsored links

50,451 views & 12 likes for this thread
Nikon D750
FORUMS Nikon Cameras, Lenses & Accessories Nikon Cameras 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.