Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
Thread started 19 Dec 2011 (Monday) 11:10
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My wedding photographer... OMG :-( !

DreamMaker23
604 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Mar 02, 2015 08:52 |  #286

NASS Photo wrote in post #17455496 (external link)
It has been a few years, and 19 pages. Maybe, we will see pics of second wife, or children.

:lol::-D Hahahaha!

sponsored links
Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
44,308 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 6 years ago by Wilt.

Mar 02, 2015 10:52 |  #287

smorter wrote in post #13570608 (external link)
I'd rather one of my mates decked out with FF cameras and L primes photographing my wedding than Dennis Reggie with a kit lens and built in flash, but that's just me.)

Yeah, with what you'd have to pay Denis Reggie to cover your wedding, you could buy a 1DX and a bunch of L primes and end up with one fine kit and wedding photos to boot!

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

AirNikesNHats
Mostly Lurking
19 posts
Joined Mar 2015

Mar 03, 2015 17:50 |  #288

A friend who has been doing weddings/engagements/e​tc for several years, has asked me to assist her with several she has booked this spring and summer. Id be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about being a secondary shooter. Based on what I was able to create with an iPhone 5 & a SX170 she encouraged me to take the next step to DSLRs which I just did recently.

She will be loaning me a 6D at her events, however I am not familiar with lighting setups, flashes, etc. I just don't want to be that guy that ruins someones wedding pics.

DreamMaker23
604 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Jan 2012
Post edited over 6 years ago by DreamMaker23.

Mar 04, 2015 11:30 as a reply to  @ AirNikesNHats's post |  #289

You are a secondary shooter, just have fun.
You are there to assist her not to get the shot.
Just relax and go with the flow, trust me, it wil be fun.

You will learn as you go.

Enjoy that beast of a camera!

La 6D :-D

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

mrgooch
Goldmember
3,217 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 05, 2015 09:15 |  #290

AirNikesNHats wrote in post #17459177 (external link)
A friend who has been doing weddings/engagements/e​tc for several years, has asked me to assist her with several she has booked this spring and summer. Id be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about being a secondary shooter. Based on what I was able to create with an iPhone 5 & a SX170 she encouraged me to take the next step to DSLRs which I just did recently.

She will be loaning me a 6D at her events, however I am not familiar with lighting setups, flashes, etc. I just don't want to be that guy that ruins someones wedding pics.

Most important is to learn and be familiar with the camera and flash you might be using. The photography part will come natural if you have an instinct for taking good photos. If it looks interesting or important to you take the photo.

josh5k
359 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 09, 2015 04:05 |  #291

Wow! Four years and some months later, we are still waiting for the pictures? :-)

Have done weddings, probably won't do another. It's really not my cup of tea.

CameraLogy.Com (external link) MMayhem (external link) Twitter (external link) GEARG+ (external link)
My Facebook Page (external link)!!

sponsored links

84,648 views & 1 like for this thread
My wedding photographer... OMG :-( !
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Weddings & Other Family Events Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.