Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 04 Aug 2011 (Thursday) 23:51
Search threadPrev/next

Married and shooting models

MichaelLynn
253 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2013

Feb 20, 2015 08:22 |  #166

I usually have my Girlfriend come along on those shoots especially the Boudoir style, It's makes the model feel more comfortable as well.

Michael Lynn JR.
www.mljlive.com (external link)

raksphoto
459 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jun 2010

Feb 21, 2015 18:12 |  #167

Zero, none. My wife is very supportive, has even met the lovely Muses.

7D Mk II | 70D | 7D | 1D Mk III
EF-S 10-18mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM | EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM |
EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS | EF-S 50-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II | EF 70-200mm f/4L |
EF 135mm f/2L | EF 100mm f/2 | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.2L | EF 35mm f/1.4L
The main camera gear I use

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 04, 2015 01:34 as a reply to  @ MichaelLynn's post |  #168

I have been doing this too. Not only is my wife really good at dealing with people, she is quite the assistant and gives me great ideas or suggestions of poses/locations/clothe​s that I might think of. Its been quite handy.

stewie1
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined May 2015

May 01, 2015 12:43 |  #169

I think if your wife is confident and there's trust, there shouldn't be any issues.

nathancarter
Cream of the Crop
5,474 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

May 01, 2015 14:30 |  #170

PhilF wrote in post #17355351 (external link)
It's work . I bring in the bacon. I don't turn into a creepy photographer like Terry Richardson.

Terry Richardson is rich and famous. He has photographed international celebrities and the president.

He's gotta be doing something right .... right?

http://www.avidchick.c​om (external link) for business stuff
http://www.facebook.co​m/VictorVoyeur (external link) for fun stuff

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,711 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

May 01, 2015 14:47 |  #171

nathancarter wrote in post #17539892 (external link)
Terry Richardson is rich and famous. He has photographed international celebrities and the president.

He's gotta be doing something right .... right?

I had to Google him (yes, I follow celebrities that much) and ... I have to say that if the people who he shoots were not celebrities the photos would not be noticed by anyone - amateur quality stuff. But as you say he is rich and famous, so he must be good and I just don't know anything about good photos :)

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

mspringfield
865 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Jul 04, 2015 17:21 |  #172

My wife is a model and doesn't have a problem with my shooting models. She is, of course my #1 model. When she is not the model she is usually the MUA and coach for inexperienced models. Sometimes she will even grab the backup body and do some shots herself. If she does a shoot with another photographer I will usually go along if she has never shot with him/her before but not always. We have run into some creepy GWCs that I have had to step in and bring back in line but that is rare. There have been some models that have made a few advances in front of her and she has had to step in and school them as well. Also rare. There are all kinds out there.

It works out well for us but I am not sure that is the case for everyone.

Michael Springfield - Chattanooga, TN
Canon 1DsMkIII, Canon 1DsMkII, Canon 1DMkIII, Canon EOS M, Canon 28-70mm 2.8L, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS, Canon 100mm F/2, Canon 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro, Canon 135mm F/2L, Canon 200mm F/1.8L, Canon 300mm F/4L IS, Canon EF 1.4x II

Nathan
So boring
7,729 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Aug 2007

Aug 24, 2015 10:51 |  #173

A bit tongue in cheek, but I couldn't resist.

mspringfield wrote in post #17620721 (external link)
My wife is a model and doesn't have a problem with my shooting models. She is, of course my #1 model.

Did you become a photographer to meet hot chicks and ended up marrying one of them? Success story, right there.

When she is not the model she is usually the MUA and coach for inexperienced models. Sometimes she will even grab the backup body and do some shots herself.

Oooo... so that's how models do it? They feel their body isn't flattering that day, so they have backup bodies in the closet?

If she does a shoot with another photographer I will usually go along if she has never shot with him/her before but not always. We have run into some creepy GWCs that I have had to step in and bring back in line but that is rare.

Do you wait outside in a car with tinted windows?

There have been some models that have made a few advances in front of her and she has had to step in and school them as well. Also rare. There are all kinds out there.

Do you mean making advances toward you, the photographer? That's awesome... hot model hit on hot photographer, only to have hotter photographer's wife step in-between making the model feel a little bit less about herself.

It works out well for us but I am not sure that is the case for everyone.

Lucky man. Why do pro photographers seem to always have hot wives?

Taking photos with a fancy camera does not make me a photographer.
www.nathantpham.com (external link) | Boston POTN Flickr (external link) |
5D3 x2 | 16-35L II | 35 L | 50L | 85L II | 135L | 580 EX II x2

mspringfield
865 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Aug 24, 2015 13:40 |  #174

Nathan wrote in post #17681027 (external link)
A bit tongue in cheek, but I couldn't resist.

Tongue in cheek is the only way to survive this life

Did you become a photographer to meet hot chicks and ended up marrying one of them? Success story, right there.

That is my wife's story about me. I say that she stalked me.. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

Oooo... so that's how models do it? They feel their body isn't flattering that day, so they have backup bodies in the closet?

Yup. That's the way they do it... Shhhh... It's a secret...

Do you wait outside in a car with tinted windows?

Nah... I just stand in the corner with a shotgun strapped across my back... :)

Do you mean making advances toward you, the photographer? That's awesome... hot model hit on hot photographer, only to have hotter photographer's wife step in-between making the model feel a little bit less about herself.

Yeah.. It has happened... I tried to get them to settle it with bikini mud wrestling but was unsuccessful..

Lucky man. Why do pro photographers seem to always have hot wives?

In all seriousness, I really am a lucky man. My wife is not only my main model she is also a widely published gun model. She has been published in several magazines and has been photographed by some of the top photographers in the country. We keep pushing each other to expand our limits.

That being said, most of our friends are just waiting for the day that we relive scenes from Mr. and Mrs. Smith....

Michael Springfield - Chattanooga, TN
Canon 1DsMkIII, Canon 1DsMkII, Canon 1DMkIII, Canon EOS M, Canon 28-70mm 2.8L, Canon 70-200mm 2.8L IS, Canon 100mm F/2, Canon 100mm F/2.8L IS Macro, Canon 135mm F/2L, Canon 200mm F/1.8L, Canon 300mm F/4L IS, Canon EF 1.4x II

Nukehed
550 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Aug 24, 2015 15:06 |  #175

charlesu wrote in post #12920045 (external link)
She knows when I come home from a shoot sweaty, filthy and exhausted that it's from legitimate work.

:eek:

charlesu wrote in post #12920045 (external link)
You don't get that kind of dirty from fooling around.

Maybe you're not doing it right?!? :-)

"There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."- Ed Howdershelt
GEAR LIST
My website (external link)

Astheros
178 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Dec 2008
Post edited over 3 years ago by Astheros. (2 edits in all)

Dec 25, 2015 22:12 |  #176

i am going through some serious arguments over this right now. i have been with my lady for 5 years now and will be marrying her in a month. i have been following some photogs on IG for a while now and the whole 'sexy' look appeals to me. photography has been my hobby for many years now and i am at a point where i want to take it more seriously but wifey think they only reason i want to do 'sexy' shoots is because i am a man with a penis. she says i can do family photos just the same (except i have done paid family work and its soooo boring to me...she literally had to convince me to take the jobs). it felt like a chore. i shoot cars all the time and i love it. never feels boring or old or mundane. the idea of composing a picture and making the 'feminity' and 'sexuality' of a woman shine through appeals to me. but she thinks i just want to do it so i can look at T&A all day.

she has had relationship and father infidelity issues in the past that were very serious.

i have never done a boudoir type shot and just me mentioning it has caused some serious arguments. i dont like being told 'you cant do it' especially when in 5 years i have never given her a reason to not trust me. i just dont think its fair for someones insecurity to determine that you can and cannot do.

anyways. just venting. we argued tonight about this topic.

not sure if 'stick to my guns' so long as i know i am not doing it for the wrong reasons or 'just forget it and shoot something else'

just to illustrate the type that interestes me.

http://martinmurillo.c​om/ (external link) work is some of my favorite. sexy but not too sexual or vulgar.
i also really enjoy http://www.ohrangutang​.com/ (external link) though some of his work is very much just 'T&A' (the whole just body parts i am not really into) but the 'sexy' seductive shots yes.

Canon 6D *** Canon 24-70L f/2.8 II*** Canon 135mm f2 *** Canon 70-200 f4L IS
flickr (external link)

NickWell24
89 posts
Joined Sep 2014

Dec 26, 2015 08:32 |  #177

RKruegerPhotoNJ wrote in post #12946609 (external link)
She thinks that it's awesome that my hobby has turned into a side job, and even bought me subscriptions to Maxim and Playboy for additional ideas!

Don't let that woman go!

Canon 6D, Canon 16-35 f/4L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L ii, Canon 70-200 f2.8Lii, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 135 2L, Sigma 35 1.4A

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Dec 26, 2015 21:45 |  #178

Astheros wrote in post #17832483 (external link)
i am going through some serious arguments over this right now. i have been with my lady for 5 years now and will be marrying her in a month. i have been following some photogs on IG for a while now and the whole 'sexy' look appeals to me. photography has been my hobby for many years now and i am at a point where i want to take it more seriously but wifey think they only reason i want to do 'sexy' shoots is because i am a man with a penis. she says i can do family photos just the same (except i have done paid family work and its soooo boring to me...she literally had to convince me to take the jobs). it felt like a chore. i shoot cars all the time and i love it. never feels boring or old or mundane. the idea of composing a picture and making the 'feminity' and 'sexuality' of a woman shine through appeals to me. but she thinks i just want to do it so i can look at T&A all day.

she has had relationship and father infidelity issues in the past that were very serious.

i have never done a boudoir type shot and just me mentioning it has caused some serious arguments. i dont like being told 'you cant do it' especially when in 5 years i have never given her a reason to not trust me. i just dont think its fair for someones insecurity to determine that you can and cannot do.

not sure if 'stick to my guns' so long as i know i am not doing it for the wrong reasons or 'just forget it and shoot something else'

http://martinmurillo.c​om/ (external link) work is some of my favorite. sexy but not too sexual or vulgar.
i also really enjoy http://www.ohrangutang​.com/ (external link) though some of his work is very much just 'T&A' (the whole just body parts i am not really into) but the 'sexy' seductive shots yes.

Sorry you are going through this. I know what and how you feel all too well. I am not suggesting you walk away but in my situation, it was the best thing I ever did. My partner now is loving and supportive and even taking nude or semi nude shots, not once has she ever questioned me or given me reason to believe that she does not trust me. You might seriously have to think about whether you want to live walking around on eggshells worried you will be upsetting your partner. If you give this up, there is no reason to think she cannot do the same with something else and pretty soon you could be where I was, literally not allowed to be around another female, regardless of what I was doing.

gmm213
I know some really nice clowns
783 posts
Joined Apr 2013

Dec 27, 2015 01:53 |  #179

Ask your significant other to pose for you and do some shoots. Work towards it. Have her look at some of the work that the guys do on here to show that its not all about just guys being guys, its about more than that

500px (external link)
flickr (external link)
Mayhem # 3789333 (external link)

NickWell24
89 posts
Joined Sep 2014

Dec 27, 2015 07:25 |  #180

Try doing a shoot with her so she understands that it's not about dipping your pen in company ink, but about artistry. Then once she realizes that it's just another creative outlet let her accompany you on a few shoots, it's always best to have a female present on shoots anyways. After a few shoots she'll realize that there's nothing sexual about it. At least this is the way it worked with my girlfriend.

Canon 6D, Canon 16-35 f/4L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L ii, Canon 70-200 f2.8Lii, Canon 85 1.8, Canon 135 2L, Sigma 35 1.4A

88,149 views & 62 likes for this thread
Married and shooting models
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.