Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Short Films 
Thread started 28 Jan 2015 (Wednesday) 08:35
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

One Man Band Plays Genesis

jerfo
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jan 28, 2015 08:35 |  #1

I filmed this using Canon 6D and 60D bodies, with the 35mm f2 and 50mm f1.8 lenses. There's also a brief shot of the drums done with a Panasonic G2 body and the Sigma 12-24 f4.5-5.6 lens with an EF mount adapter.

If you have any tips on how I can improve the quality of my videos while still being able to focus primarily on making the music, I'm all ears!

sponsored links
boufa
494 posts
Joined Dec 2005

Feb 14, 2015 16:15 |  #2

No feedback for you on the video.. maybe the cuts seemed a but sharp and shocking, and I would have worn different clothes in each shot, or all the same. But I'm no expert. I however love the content. Very fun video.

Canon EOS 7D & 40D | Σ 10-20mm Wigma | Σ 150-600mm | Σ 18-250mm Macro | Canon 18-135 STM | Canon 55-250 STM
Gallery/Website/Blog - TowPathPhoto (external link)
Social Media - - - on Flickr (external link) . . . on Twitter (external link)
Creator of @OhioBirdAlert (external link) on Twitter

jerfo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Feb 18, 2015 07:21 as a reply to  @ boufa's post |  #3

Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback. The suggestions regarding clothing are good ones - something simple that I can do while still being able to focus on playing the notes correctly. :-)

davebreal
894 posts
Joined Jul 2007

Mar 05, 2015 22:04 |  #4

Very enjoyable, great lighting and exposures.

Dave
flickr  (external link)Twitter  (external link)Wordpress Blog (external link) YouTube (external link)
My Gear--> Facebook (external link)

nqjudo
Goldmember
3,202 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 05, 2015 22:11 |  #5

Now I can provide to my girlfriend that there are hobbies more expensive than photography. ;-)a Nice vid man!!!

No photographer is as good as the simplest camera. - Edward Steichen.

Gart
460 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Mar 06, 2015 07:58 |  #6

You have reassured me that not only do I lack in my photography/video skills but that I am also thoroughly musically inept.

No input here for the video technique but I am impressed with your musical talent.

Gart

Perfect_10
Goldmember
1,998 posts
Joined Aug 2004

Mar 25, 2015 14:00 |  #7

Extremely well put together. I love this and the Zappa tracks you've done (Zoot Allure and Peaches En Regalia). I grew up on this music the first time around :)

I'd be interested to know what software you are using for video editing and sound mixing. Shooting video with Canon DSLRs and soundtrack mixing is something I'm looking to get in to.

My Gear List  :p

jerfo
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
8 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Mar 28, 2015 07:27 as a reply to  @ Perfect_10's post |  #8

Thanks very much!

I use ProTools LE 8 for the sound mixing and Sony's Movie Studio Platinum 12 for the video piece. I tried a handful of the lower-end video editing tools and this was the only one that didn't make me want to toss my computer across the room.

Kwirk
237 posts
Joined Jan 2010

Apr 29, 2015 04:50 |  #9

Damn. Those fusion licks though. Awesome guitar leads. Was not expecting that, haha.

6D
Facebook (external link)
Flickr (external link)

N2bnfunn
700 posts
Gallery: 7 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jun 13, 2015 18:53 |  #10

Great job.. video looks like a pro did it....

Canon 1DX Canon EOS R EF 70-200 L 2.8 EF 50mm 1.2 L 24-105 4.0 L 24-70 2.8L II Canon Pixma PRO-1 3 Canon 600EX-RT Speedlites

sponsored links

2,952 views & 0 likes for this thread
One Man Band Plays Genesis
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Short Films 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.