Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
Thread started 06 Mar 2015 (Friday) 17:23
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Playing in the Pine

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
"now I'm no rocket scientist but I do get a shot or two"
16,028 posts
Gallery: 2548 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 07, 2015 05:45 |  #16

Shot4u2 wrote in post #17464008 (external link)
All really great shots! Perfect pose of the whole martin, and lighting, in #3. Like that one the best.

Thanks #3 seems to be popular

Lester Wareham wrote in post #17464259 (external link)
Beautiful shots Jeff, you are very lucky to have such good showing of these little chaps.

Thanks Lester they were a ton of fun

Hillbillygirl wrote in post #17464279 (external link)
Such a cutie they are, and excellent captures Jeff.

(This the one at Mew Lake Campground I take it).

Yes they are, But no these two are not the Mew lake Marten

budcam wrote in post #17464322 (external link)
Oh you got him! So you had a visit to the park? Nice.

Well yes and no Dan lol, Thses too are not the ones everyone has been seeing in the Park.

Jeff ........, 7D, 70-300L, 100-400LII
flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Ronnie ­ H
Goldmember
1,793 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 07, 2015 05:52 |  #17

:love::love:That is very KOOL,,they are fun to watch,,jumping and climbing from tree to tree,,I had one playing with me over an hour,,while i was setting in a tree stand in Michigan UP,,and as you might know my camera was in my backpack, on the ground,,vmad so NO Pics )
as posters say the lighting on the last one is super,,,another wall hanger ??;-)a
Was that near home or in the PARK ??
---------------
Ron

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
16,028 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 07, 2015 06:00 as a reply to  @ Ronnie H's post |  #18

They are fun to watch are they not

IMAGE: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8625/16550696868_6e2b5bb788_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/rdwD​yy  (external link) IMG_9890 (external link) by Jeff Manser (external link), on Flickr

flickr (external link)

Hillbillygirl
626 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited over 4 years ago by Hillbillygirl.

Mar 07, 2015 06:29 |  #19

Ah, the ones at the Visitor's centre then. Also one seen at Spruce Bog Boardwalk this past week. Really like that last "perched" shot. Actually have one pretty much exactly the same as this, but from where we lived in Northern Ontario.

One thing I do like about them is how approachable they are.

john5189
598 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 07, 2015 06:34 |  #20

All 3 photos are excellent.

Wedding Photography in Herefordshire.  (external link)

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
16,028 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 07, 2015 06:57 |  #21

Hillbillygirl wrote in post #17464384 (external link)
Ah, the ones at the Visitor's centre then. Also one seen at Spruce Bog Boardwalk this past week. Really like that last "perched" shot. Actually have one pretty much exactly the same as this, but from where we lived in Northern Ontario.

One thing I do like about them is how approachable they are.

Hillbillygirl I know that you know the park as I do but I am big on not pointing out just exactly where every critter is so I would appreciate you not pointing out every thing I post that I take in the park. It can only cause great harm to the animals and the people who live and work in those area's because the masses don't care about the laws of nature. So be kind to the animals in our back yard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flickr (external link)

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
16,028 posts
Joined Aug 2012

Mar 07, 2015 06:57 as a reply to  @ john5189's post |  #22

Thanks John

flickr (external link)

Ronnie ­ H
Goldmember
1,793 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 07, 2015 06:59 |  #23

Pondrader wrote in post #17464399 (external link)
Hillbillygirl I know that you know the park as I do but I am big on not pointing out just exactly where every critter is so I would appreciate you not pointing out every thing I post that I take in the park. It can only cause great harm to the animals and the people who live and work in those area's because the masses don't care about the laws of nature. So be kind to the animals in our back yard !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love:love: Jeff i agree 100%,,,lots of folks don,t care about wildlife and there homes?:-)
---------------
Ron:

CDMOOSE
Cream of the Crop
9,853 posts
Gallery: 134 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2009

Mar 07, 2015 07:56 |  #24

These are really great, Jeff; I've had the in my yard a couple times, years ago, but that was before I had a decent camera. They are really nifty animals and quite approachable. Good for you.

Al
Canon 7D II, 5D III, 7D, 500mm/f4L II, 1.4X TC III, 24-70mm/f2.8L, 70-200/f4L IS

Grizz
Cream of the Crop
5,496 posts
Gallery: 318 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Mar 2006

Mar 07, 2015 07:59 |  #25

Great stuff Jeff! You are so lucky to have them around. I need to come visit! :)

Craig * Canon 7D Mark II * 60D * 10D * Tamron SP 150-600 f/5-6.3 Di VC USD * EF 400 5.6L USM * EF 17-40 4.0L USM * EF 70-210 4.0 * EF 28 2.8 * EF 50 1.8 MK1*Flickr (external link)

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
16,028 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by Pondrader. (2 edits in all)

Mar 07, 2015 08:21 |  #26

CDMOOSE wrote in post #17464460 (external link)
These are really great, Jeff; I've had the in my yard a couple times, years ago, but that was before I had a decent camera. They are really nifty animals and quite approachable. Good for you.

They really are.... its always great to have a few moments with them

Grizz wrote in post #17464464 (external link)
Great stuff Jeff! You are so lucky to have them around. I need to come visit! :)

Yes you do, lol its about a 7 hour drive, I use to go to Westminster MD twice a week hauling car parts

Ronnie H wrote in post #17464403 (external link)
:love:love: Jeff i agree 100%,,,lots of folks don,t care about wildlife and there homes?:-)
---------------
Ron:

Thanks Ron

flickr (external link)

Hillbillygirl
626 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Mar 2010
Post edited over 4 years ago by Hillbillygirl. (2 edits in all)

Mar 07, 2015 08:51 |  #27

Pondrader wrote in post #17464399 (external link)

Man you need to relax a little Jeff. The Park, and the employees that work/live there, post these locations on their sightings boards at the Gates, and visitors centres, along with on Facebook, and several other sites they are affiliated with. The reason they do this is to add to the draw of which is the Park itself, and give people a chance to see these animals in a natural environment. It is FAR from a big secret.
Yes, I do care about the animals in the wild, and do frequent the Park a few times a year, but I am not a big fan of the hwy #60 corridor for the people that congregate there. It always has, and always will be, the "wildlife magnet" for those looking for some easy "wildlife" shots/sightings though, and the Park really pushes this as a draw also.
Kind of like the Fox. I am actually quite glad they closed the road to this area, as every time someone would drive a car up there they come running to be fed.

Pondrader
THREAD ­ STARTER
16,028 posts
Joined Aug 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by Pondrader. (2 edits in all)

Mar 07, 2015 09:07 |  #28

Posting on a board inside the Visiter Centre is not quite the same as broad casting on the internet or I should say Facebook for the masses,..we have seen what that can do first hand. since you have joined POTN you like to jump up and down like a school girl about the where abouts of the animals I shoot in the park. And it just doesn't sit right with me. So I guess I will refrain for doing so in the future.

flickr (external link)

Sgt.
914 posts
Gallery: 56 photos
Joined Aug 2006

Mar 07, 2015 09:10 |  #29

Hillbillygirl wrote in post #17464515 (external link)
Man you need to relax a little Jeff. The Park, and the employees that work/live there, post these locations on their sightings boards at the Gates, and visitors centres, along with on Facebook, and several other sites they are affiliated with. The reason they do this is to add to the draw of which is the Park itself, and give people a chance to see these animals in a natural environment. It is FAR from a big secret.
Kind of like the Fox. I am actually quite glad they closed the road to this area, as every time someone would drive a car up there they come running to be fed.

Thats because some yahoo posted their locations.....

Iain
7D MKII
Another minion in the Pondrader fan club

Mel-S
Goldmember
1,203 posts
Gallery: 34 photos
Joined Jan 2012

Mar 07, 2015 09:27 |  #30

Very nice.

80D, 70D, Sigma 18-35 f1.8 DC HSM ART, 24-70 f2.8L, Sigma 150-600 f5-6.3 DG OS HSM C, TC 1.4x III, 430 EX II, Induro AM24 w/3Pod H1, CT214 w/PHQ-1, and several cold beers.

sponsored links

4,830 views & 11 likes for this thread
Playing in the Pine
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Wildlife 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.