Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
Thread started 21 Jan 2015 (Wednesday) 06:58
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Bugs in AMASS 1.1

this thread is locked
Trik
Goldmember
1,001 posts
Gallery: 123 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by Trik with reason 'add postscript'.

Mar 05, 2015 11:09 as a reply to  @ post 17460802 |  #106

I haven't visited this board in a long time, so the change of format came as a surprise, and I am not sure it is a pleasant one*, as I thought the old format was very user-friendly. Particularly, I miss the automated email notifications of replies, as I have to keep returning to the forum to check.

I know it must seem pedantic, but I cannot use the apostrophe I usually use - next to the #1 on my keyboard - as, although it appears in this compose window, it disappears in the Preview & Save Draft box and after Submit. This means I have to use the one on the @ key, which I don't think looks as nice, as it is too squashed up. Any reason for that, please?

Trik

PS : *08.03.15 Now I have become used to it, I like the format after all!

http://www.trikimages.​co.uk (external link)

sponsored links
Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004

Mar 05, 2015 12:47 |  #107

The "apostrophe" you can't use is the "accent grave"; it's used by UNIX and LINUX as an "escape character" aside from its linguistic uses (few and far between as a stand-alone character in English), and so Pekka has opted to filter it out as part of AMASS security. It isn't, and never was, intended to be used as a substitute for a regular apostrophe.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 05, 2015 12:50 |  #108

Trik wrote in post #17461817 (external link)
I haven't visited this board in a long time, so the change of format came as a surprise, and I am not sure it is a pleasant one, as I thought the old format was very user-friendly. Particularly, I miss the automated email notifications of replies, as I have to keep returning to the forum to check.

I know it must seem pedantic, but I cannot use the apostrophe I usually use - next to the #1 on my keyboard - as, although it appears in this compose window, it disappears in the Preview & Save Draft box and after Submit. This means I have to use the one on the @ key, which I don't think looks as nice, as it is too squashed up. Any reason for that, please?

Trik

The problem that you are having is apparently in your computer or browser settings. Otherwise others would have reported it and it would have been corrected long ago.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.
Gear List .... Gallery: Woodturner Bill (external link)
Donate to Support POTN Operating Costs

OhLook
Spiderwoman
19,057 posts
Gallery: 74 photos
Joined Dec 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by OhLook. (2 edits in all)

Mar 05, 2015 12:56 |  #109

Bill Boehme wrote in post #17461966 (external link)
The problem that you are having is apparently in your computer or browser settings. Otherwise others would have reported it and it would have been corrected long ago.

Bill, Jon gave the answer just before you posted. Until he did, I wondered whether British keyboards differ so much from American ones. Apparently they don't. Trik was using an accent mark to represent '.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Trik
Goldmember
1,001 posts
Gallery: 123 photos
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 05, 2015 13:04 |  #110

Jon wrote in post #17461961 (external link)
The "apostrophe" you can't use is the "accent grave"

Jon : Now that you mention it, I can see what you mean, and that everyone else is using the "proper" apostrophe. I suppose it is also in a more convenient place than the one I have been using. I come from the days of manual typewriters when one didn't have a choice! Thanks for putting me right.

Trik

PS : Nice to see someone else using the semi-colon correctly...;-)a

http://www.trikimages.​co.uk (external link)

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 05, 2015 13:09 |  #111

Hey Jon,
Something interesting ... an instant before I replied, I saw the notification that you had replied to the post, but the "interesting" part is that after I saw my reply to Trik, I didn't see your post anywhere. I knew that I would initially see my post out of its actual position, but your post was nowhere to be found on that page. I had to refresh the page to see your reply to Trik.

Atmospheric haze in images? Click for Tutorial to Reduce Atmospheric Haze with Photoshop.

Bill ­ Boehme
Enjoy being spanked
7,359 posts
Joined Jan 2007

Mar 05, 2015 13:14 |  #112

OhLook wrote in post #17461969 (external link)
Bill, Jon gave the answer just before you posted. Until he did, I wondered whether British keyboards differ so much from American ones. Apparently they don't. Trik was using an accent mark to represent '.

I've been using an iPad for the past week, so I am not looking at a normal keyboard. When I return home next week, I'll have to get reacquainted with the QWERTY keyboard. :rolleyes:

number ­ six
"After 40 years still not housebroken, I still piddle on the carpet"
8,944 posts
Joined May 2007

Mar 05, 2015 16:00 |  #113

Trik wrote in post #17461980 (external link)
Jon : Now that you mention it, I can see what you mean, and that everyone else is using the "proper" apostrophe. I suppose it is also in a more convenient place than the one I have been using. I come from the days of manual typewriters when one didn't have a choice! Thanks for putting me right.

Trik

PS : Nice to see someone else using the semi-colon correctly...;-)a

Heh. So do I. My first typewriter didn't have a "1" key. You were supposed to use the lower case "l".

-js

"Be seeing you."
50D - 17-55 f/2.8 IS - 18-55 IS - 28-105 II USM - 60 f/2.8 macro - 70-200 f/4 L - Sigma flash
I do not piddle on the carpet!

Jon
Cream of the Crop
69,628 posts
Joined Jun 2004
Post edited over 4 years ago by Jon.

Mar 05, 2015 16:00 |  #114

Bill Boehme wrote in post #17461989 (external link)
Hey Jon,
Something interesting ... an instant before I replied, I saw the notification that you had replied to the post, but the "interesting" part is that after I saw my reply to Trik, I didn't see your post anywhere. I knew that I would initially see my post out of its actual position, but your post was nowhere to be found on that page. I had to refresh the page to see your reply to Trik.

I think the out-of-position "Reply" overlays the immediately-subsequent post.

Yep. Just tried it and your second post was nowhere to be seen while I viewed my post and the one of yours I was replying to.

Jon
----------
Cocker Spaniels
Maryland and Virginia activities
Image Posting Rules and Image Posting FAQ
Report SPAM, Don't Answer It! (link)
PERSONAL MESSAGING REGARDING SELLING OR BUYING ITEMS WITH MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO POSTS IN FORUMS AND/OR WHO YOU DO NOT KNOW FROM FORUMS IS HEREBY DECLARED STRICTLY STUPID AND YOU WILL GET BURNED.
PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED HERE

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,387 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 08, 2015 10:54 |  #115

When trying to upload an image I get the message "Security token failed/expired" and therefore cannot upload the image. Thoughts?

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

rpolitsr
5,977 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 08, 2015 11:05 as a reply to  @ ptcanon3ti's post |  #116

the thread Posting images describes a similar problem.
It may help you start checking ...

rafael
Canon EOS Rebel XT, EF-S 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 II, EF 50mm f1.8 II, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, speedlite 430EX, basic filters set.
My photo galleries (external link)
Marketplace: PAYPAL GIFT NO LONGER ALLOWED IN POTN

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
8,387 posts
Gallery: 440 photos
Best ofs: 5
Joined Sep 2012

Mar 08, 2015 11:07 |  #117

ok thank you.

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

windpig
Chopped liver
14,913 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Dec 2008

Mar 08, 2015 17:54 |  #118

This thread always shows unread even though I've posted to it and nobody has posted after.
https://photography-on-the.net …read.php?t=1410​443&page=5

I haven't really had any issues with the new forum software otherwise.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

Pekka
THREAD ­ STARTER
El General Moderator
17,799 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Mar 08, 2015 18:18 |  #119

windpig wrote in post #17466274 (external link)
This thread always shows unread even though I've posted to it and nobody has posted after.
https://photography-on-the.net …read.php?t=1410​443&page=5

I haven't really had any issues with the new forum software otherwise.

I'll reply to it now, after you read that reply, does it still show as unread?

https://photography-on-the.net …showthread.php?​p=17466312

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

Inspeqtor
Chet,You are a genius
8,164 posts
Gallery: 87 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Mar 08, 2015 22:53 |  #120

I just found a very minor problem... I went to my home page. It states there that I joined 19 March 2008 over 7 years ago.
Today is 8 march 2015.

It is not quite over 7 years just yet ;-)a

Charles
Canon EOS 90D * Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS * Flickr Account (external link)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-20 f/2.8 * Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 DC Macro OS * Sigma 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM
Canon 18-55 IS Kit Lens * Canon 70-300 IS USM * Canon 50mm f1.8 * Canon 580EX II

sponsored links

24,361 views & 5 likes for this thread
Bugs in AMASS 1.1
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff AMASS Forum Software Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.