Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 22 Feb 2015 (Sunday) 07:32
Search threadPrev/next

You need 500 posts AND 90 days of membership

this thread is locked
max ­ wheaton
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Feb 2015

Feb 22, 2015 07:32 |  #1

To suggest that you need You need "500 posts AND 90 days of membership" to post is ridiculous to the extreme.

MichiTimm
835 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Feb 22, 2015 07:41 |  #2

Well you make such a well-thought out argument that I'm sure they'll be changing that rule right away.

max ­ wheaton
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Feb 2015

Feb 22, 2015 11:10 as a reply to  @ MichiTimm's post |  #3

MichiTimm, my comment has more substance than your asinine, smart ass comment. I shoot a lot of glamour & nudes. A rule that insists that I make 500 posts plus having to be a member for 90 days, before I post my images is ridiculous. What will 500 posts prove? What will a 90 day membership prove?

MichiTimm
835 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009
Post edited over 3 years ago by MichiTimm.

Feb 22, 2015 11:34 |  #4

No. Not only does your comment not have more substance than mine, it barely has any substance at all.

Substance would be if you posted why you disagree with the rule and what you think a better rule would be -- and perhaps even try to find out why the rule exists and see if perhaps exceptions are made on occasion. Instead you posted a whiny opinion with nothing to back it up at all. And now it's taken you two posts to say it's "ridiculous" -- twice, and ask what it proves. Do better. So you shoot a lot of glamour and nudes? Big deal.

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Feb 22, 2015 11:54 |  #5

You can always ask a mod for early approval. I do believe their is a sticky in the sharing section that outlines the process. However with the tone and attitude you made in your 1st two post I find it hard to believe they would grant early access.

monkey44
724 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Post edited over 3 years ago by monkey44. (3 edits in all)

Feb 22, 2015 13:36 |  #6

IF I were a mod, and saw the first two posts, I'd change the rule in a hot second ... 1000 posts and 180 days for immature whiners...

And OP, if you don't understand why that rule is here, then you shouldn't even be on the site expecting to show images at all, let alone nudes and glamour. 498 to go, and counting.

max ­ wheaton
THREAD ­ STARTER
Hatchling
3 posts
Joined Feb 2015

Feb 22, 2015 14:05 as a reply to  @ monkey44's post |  #7

Bye y'all.

solepatch
Goldmember
1,202 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jun 2012

Feb 22, 2015 14:09 |  #8

IMAGE: http://cdn.meme.li/instances/500x/50170742.jpg

Aaron
Canon 6D | 70D | Σ35 F/1.4A | Tamron 24-70 F/2.8 Di VC USD | 40 F/2.8 | 85 F/1.8 | 70-210 F/3.5-4.5 | Rokinon 14 F/2.8 | 430ex ii | YN-622C | Zoom H4N
Canon EOS M | 22 F/2 Pancake | C/Y Zeiss 50 F/1.4 t*

josh5k
359 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 09, 2015 03:09 |  #9

solepatch wrote in post #17444184 (external link)
QUOTED IMAGE

ROFL - Could always have just asked for early entry if he needed it that badly :-/

I've always wondered whether it would make sense to also remove Read Only access as well until the 500 Posts limit or at least a 6 month duration before anyone can enter in there.

CameraLogy.Com (external link) MMayhem (external link) Twitter (external link) GEARG+ (external link)
My Facebook Page (external link)!!

monkey44
724 posts
Joined Jul 2003
Post edited over 3 years ago by monkey44. (2 edits in all)

Mar 09, 2015 12:00 |  #10

Yes, true enough - some remain juveniles all their lives - sorta like Jim Carey ... :) :) :)

Altho, I'd kinda wonder how one would reach 500 posts with "read only" ... do we read 500 Posts?? :) :)

Spats139
412 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 09, 2015 15:03 |  #11

Don't be too quick to talk about taking away the read-only access. I recently attended an Alternative Pin-up workshop that was hosted by a member who frequently posts images in the G&N forum. If I hadn't already seen that the photographers in that forum all try to share artful and tasteful images, and how much respect they appear to show for their subjects, I might not have tried this particular style of photography; and the loss would have been mine.

As for the OP, I agree that he didn't appear to understand the reasons for the rules, or just hadn't bothered to read them at all. It may be that his work is quite impressive, but since he apparently isn't interested in earning the privilege to participate in that forum we may never know.

Dale

josh5k
359 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 10, 2015 08:15 |  #12

monkey44 wrote in post #17467416 (external link)
Yes, true enough - some remain juveniles all their lives - sorta like Jim Carey ... :) :) :)

Altho, I'd kinda wonder how one would reach 500 posts with "read only" ... do we read 500 Posts?? :) :)

You'd post in the rest the forum and especially this one!! Then you gain an idea on how the forum is and the expected sensibilities before posting into the G&N Shares and esp before commenting on others' posts.

Of course, for some 50,000 posts wouldn't made a damn difference :-)

CameraLogy.Com (external link) MMayhem (external link) Twitter (external link) GEARG+ (external link)

josh5k
359 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 10, 2015 12:04 |  #13

Spats139 wrote in post #17467679 (external link)
Don't be too quick to talk about taking away the read-only access. I recently attended an Alternative Pin-up workshop that was hosted by a member who frequently posts images in the G&N forum. If I hadn't already seen that the photographers in that forum all try to share artful and tasteful images, and how much respect they appear to show for their subjects, I might not have tried this particular style of photography; and the loss would have been mine.

As for the OP, I agree that he didn't appear to understand the reasons for the rules, or just hadn't bothered to read them at all. It may be that his work is quite impressive, but since he apparently isn't interested in earning the privilege to participate in that forum we may never know.

I was talking in jest, for the most part. I certainly started on my path into photography only based on my learning from the G&N forum esp since we didn't have a fashion forum at that time.

Spats139
412 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 10, 2015 12:26 as a reply to  @ josh5k's post |  #14

I suspected as much :-), but since I haven't earned my posting privileges in G&N yet, this was a chance to express some appreciation for the work of those who have.

Dale

josh5k
359 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Mar 13, 2015 05:50 as a reply to  @ Spats139's post |  #15

I hear ya. I got my access back (Thanks to CyberDyneSystems). If you'd like to learn about lighting and stuff, you can also post to the new Fashion and Commercial forum until you get the G&N access.

9,291 views & 18 likes for this thread
You need 500 posts AND 90 days of membership
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.