Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
Thread started 09 Nov 2014 (Sunday) 19:14
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Professional Wedding Album Design Software

picworx
Goldmember
1,147 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 09, 2014 19:14 |  #1

I was watching a video on this software that lets you design wedding albums and insert your photos, but being diagnosed with CRS, (can't remember s***) I forgot the name of it.

I know it was demo'd on a Mac but I need it for Win.

Wish I could remember the name.....

The Print is What Really Matters

sponsored links
picworx
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,147 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Nov 09, 2014 19:41 |  #2

Actually I think I found it, Fundy Software but this puppy is expensive, perhaps there is a less costly one that is just as good or better?

Trent ­ Gillespie
589 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Nov 09, 2014 19:53 as a reply to  @ picworx's post |  #3

If you do more than 3 or 4 albums a year, the cost of Fundy's Album Builder is worth it. We use to use PhotoJunction (free), but its very finicky. Where we use to spend 4 to 5 hours laying out an album, we now spend 20 minutes... send off to bride for tweaks... and then another 5 minutes making them. All in all, it probably saves us a week of work every year, which is well worth the cost.

You may also look at Smart Albums, as it has a similar drag/drop interface. It is only available for Mac though.

Trent Gillespie
Denver Wedding Photographer (external link)
Gear in the Bag (external link)

gadgeteer
43 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Nov 11, 2014 10:01 |  #4

Smartalbums is cheaper.

Also Albumstomp is a much cheaper alternative than both. Less features but it does the job. The only thing is that it crashes sometimes on my mac so I've learned to save regularly.

Wedding Photographer Nottingham & Derby - Martin Cheung (external link)

g-money
Goldmember
1,601 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Nov 18, 2014 16:05 |  #5

Fundy is the best I have tried for windows so can't speak on smartalbums which I hear is really good. Fundy is worth the cost in the time it saves if you do several albums a year.

If you are looking for a free alternative try photojunction by Queensbury.

Canon 6D X 2, Canon 5D, FUJI X100, Canon Rebel XT, Canon 24-70L VII, Canon 35L 1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200L 2.8 IS, Tokina 16-28 2.8, 580exII x2, Godox 850 X 2, 430ex

Website... [URL="http://www.gowen​sphotography.com"]Arkansas Wedding Photographerexternal link

futureal33
148 posts
Joined Mar 2010

Nov 19, 2014 02:19 |  #6

Fundy is great, used it for 30+ albums this year.
They can end up looking a bit "samey" but as they are all for different clients, its only you that knows they look similar :)

I was previously designing in GraphiStudio software, which was taking me 3-4 hours per album. Im now down to literally 15 minutes.

My only crit is that if you have an idea in your mind of you want it, Fundy is quite restrictive...it only really lets you go for layouts that IT dictates. For example I was designing one last night where the client wanted a particular layout on 1 spread... in Fundy this is extremely difficult to do because of the automated nature of it's page designs

Website (external link)
Facebook (external link)

Trent ­ Gillespie
589 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Nov 19, 2014 10:17 |  #7

futureal33 wrote in post #17280829 (external link)
My only crit is that if you have an idea in your mind of you want it, Fundy is quite restrictive...it only really lets you go for layouts that IT dictates. For example I was designing one last night where the client wanted a particular layout on 1 spread... in Fundy this is extremely difficult to do because of the automated nature of it's page designs

They do have PSD export coming soon, which should help remedy this a bit. I agree with your sentiments in the fact that most albums have a similar look, but its clean and easy.

Trent Gillespie
Denver Wedding Photographer (external link)
Gear in the Bag (external link)

picworx
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,147 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 04, 2015 12:48 as a reply to  @ futureal33's post |  #8

Yes I noticed that in the trial you can't really add any graphics if you wanted to, how do folks send off the drafts to the client, do you just create a pdf and email it off?

mclaren777
Goldmember
1,482 posts
Joined May 2012

Mar 04, 2015 19:55 |  #9

Fundy Album Designer is fantastic!

A simple comparison of sensor technology: Nikon vs. Canon (external link)
A technical comparison of sensor technology: Exposure Latitude (external link)

Shooting
Goldmember
1,552 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Mar 10, 2015 20:25 |  #10

Album DS (Design) is great also.

Jon ­ Tinkler
103 posts
Joined Feb 2015

Mar 20, 2015 06:17 |  #11

I use Photojunction and create a PDF, then shrink/optimise it using Irfanview (free) to send to the client. Works fine. Photojunction is a bit of a pain to get used to but pretty straightforward once you do. Usually takes me less than an hour to build an album of 20 sides, assuming I already know the images I'm using (I copy them to a separate folder specifically)

Millgrove Photography

sponsored links

6,158 views & 0 likes for this thread
Professional Wedding Album Design Software
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Weddings & Other Family Events 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.