Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
Thread started 21 Dec 2010 (Tuesday) 06:24
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 17th UK South-East "The Summer of Awesomeness" Thread (All Welcome)

Richard1959
Goldmember
1,111 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Feb 27, 2015 14:20 |  #2836

Last Sunday went to a studio hired by a group and did a photo shoot, still working my way through the processing. Quite please with the results so far
1) I don't normally take photos of people
2) not done studio before
3) All done manual :eek:

Sometimes I take good photos other times !!!!
EOS 5DMkiv EF100-400L f4.5-5.6, EF24-105L f4, EF16-35L f4 EF50 1:1.8 II, EF28 1:2.8 & 580EXII and some triggers. Lightroom & Photoshop CC

My Flickr (external link)

sponsored links
Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,893 posts
Gallery: 191 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2015 07:52 |  #2837

Always good to try something new Richard and manual isn't that scary all my studio work and 90% of my location portrait stuff is shot in manual trust your meter and know what effect you want.

Here's an old shot from a couple of years ago given a re-edit always good to see if you can improve on the original.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
IMAGE IS A REDIRECT OR MISSING!
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR
Faye (external link) by Dom Regan Photography (external link), on Flickr

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,893 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 01, 2015 11:29 |  #2838

One shot today natural light.

IMAGE NOT FOUND
HTTP response: NOT FOUND | MIME changed to 'image/png' | Redirected to error image by FLICKR
Kristina (external link) by Dom Regan Photography (external link), on Flickr

Film gear Rollecord V, Yashica A, Halina 35X, Olympus Trip and Canon EOS 5, 500 and 300v
Stusio Visage Facebook (external link) flickr (external link) studiovisage.co.uk (external link)

David ­ Stallard
Goldmember
1,172 posts
Gallery: 90 photos
Joined Apr 2012

Mar 08, 2015 14:08 |  #2839

As it's been a bit quiet in here for a while thought I would give the post a nudge -

First 'proper' race of the season (only had a few hours in the morning) and need to get my head around the settings on the 1DX for when 'my' season starts, due to the amount of photo's I take over a race weekend and the timeline for getting them to the 'boss' I shoot in jpeg.

I think I need to probably push the saturation up a notch and maybe the onboard sharpness (remember these settings are for jpeg shooting only) Not overly impressed with them but as a start point it will do - (through the fence on these so you may see some artifacts or banding on a couple) normal race set up of the 70-200 mkII and 1.4 mkIII extender, normally trackside so closer to the action hence these being a bit small in the frame. Opinions please:

#1 1/250, f/7.1, iso 100, 280mm - on the edge

IMAGE: http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/Petrol-Head/Motorcycles/Thundersport-Brands-Hatch-07/i-7rcBLR3/0/L/Thundersport%20%20Brands%20Hatch%2007-03-15%20%20033-L.jpg

#2 1/500, f/5.6, iso 100, 280mm - see what I mean about saturation, reds need a little 'boost'
IMAGE: http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/Petrol-Head/Motorcycles/Thundersport-Brands-Hatch-07/i-qmnTn3K/0/L/Thundersport%20%20Brands%20Hatch%2007-03-15%20%20049-L.jpg

#3 1/160, f/11, iso 100, 280mm
IMAGE: http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/Petrol-Head/Motorcycles/Thundersport-Brands-Hatch-07/i-xzKzLKn/0/L/Thundersport%20%20Brands%20Hatch%2007-03-15%20%20099-L.jpg

#4 1/320, f/8, iso 100, 280mm - yes I know too fast but that wasn't why I was there - Gravity doesn't work like that!
IMAGE: http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/Petrol-Head/Motorcycles/Thundersport-Brands-Hatch-07/i-L6wj3px/0/L/Thundersport%20%20Brands%20Hatch%2007-03-15%20%20059-L.jpg

Few more HERE (external link)

Thanks for looking

.DAVID.

Oh and superb portraits Dom - I tried a couple of 'people' shots the other morning, after about an hour I wiped the card and went for a walk instead, a lot harder than you make it look!

EOS box that goes click and some tubes with glass in them on the front.
http://www.davidstalla​rdphotography.com/ (external link)

David ­ Stallard
Goldmember
1,172 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Mar 15, 2015 06:50 |  #2840

Hello - testing, testing. . . . is this thing still on?

Where has everyone gone? they can't ALL hate the new software / forum that much surely?

Well just to keep the ole girl (thread that is) rolling along - 'nipped' down to Cornwall for the day (600 mile day trip lol) to see my three granddaughters - yep, they are still monsters, we didn't take the cameras with us this time - I know, sacrilege - but Cory actually managed an okay shot with the dreaded Iphone.

IMAGE: http://www.davidstallardphotography.com/People/Family/i-9xnqhhc/0/XL/Girls%20and%20I%2014-03-15-XL.jpg

It really is scary how quick they grow up, I know everyone says it but - jees, miss a few months and the change is phenomenal.

.DAVID.

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,893 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 4 years ago by Ronin Silv.

Mar 15, 2015 13:14 |  #2841

Thanks David, great bike shots a the family portrait is great as well. It does seen like we're the only two on here at present.

With the risk of boring you here's another of Kristina we were having a play with make up and lighting today, but eyes open or closed?

IMAGE NOT FOUND

IMAGE NOT FOUND

David ­ Stallard
Goldmember
1,172 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Mar 15, 2015 13:36 |  #2842

Hey Dom,

Like them both but think with a bit more light on or around the eyes then open would top it. Kristina has very 'alluring' eyes (if that makes sense) and they really draw you in so why not play to that?

.DAVID.

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,893 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2015 13:51 |  #2843

Thanks David, I know what you mean about her eyes but we were playing with the lighting to create shodows to introduce some mystery.

Bodmin636
Goldmember
1,142 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 15, 2015 15:11 |  #2844

Hi, been lurking and like what has been posted. Dom you are really starting to get a style of your own with your portrait stuff, all the practice is paying off:)

To be honest I have lost my mojo over the winter and not really shot anything other than some product stuff for work. Hopefully the start of the bike season will get me out and about again.

Here is one I took last month on an evening stroll.

IMAGE: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8681/16618584287_31532ebbaa_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/rjwA​8i  (external link) Broadstairs Harbour at night (external link) by stephenrouse (external link), on Flickr

Steve
5d MKIII | 7d | 24-105 F4L | 100-400L | 70-200mm F4L | 100mm macro F2.8L IS USM | 17-85mm USM IS | 50mm 1.8 | 1.4x converter |
Flickr (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,893 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2015 15:45 |  #2845

Bodmin636 wrote in post #17476223 (external link)
Hi, been lurking and like what has been posted. Dom you are really starting to get a style of your own with your portrait stuff, all the practice is paying off:)

To be honest I have lost my mojo over the winter and not really shot anything other than some product stuff for work. Hopefully the start of the bike season will get me out and about again.

Here is one I took last month on an evening stroll.

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/rjwA​8i  (external link) Broadstairs Harbour at night (external link) by stephenrouse (external link), on Flickr

Thanks Steve, it's something we are both working on we want to be more creative in what we do with make up, which Kristina does herself, and lighting etc to try and get some clients and start making a bit of money from it. Kristina does have an MUA gig at a local studio because he likes her style, she's also said if you fancy a shoot to try and kick start that mojo she's available ;-)a

Cracking shot I really like the B+W processing, is it the Flickr upload but do you have a dead pixel?

Bodmin636
Goldmember
1,142 posts
Joined Jun 2005

Mar 15, 2015 18:15 as a reply to  @ Ronin Silv's post |  #2846

Do you mean the white dot in the sand left of centre? If so not a dead pixel just something reflecting on the beach. I should clone it out really ;)

Steve
5d MKIII | 7d | 24-105 F4L | 100-400L | 70-200mm F4L | 100mm macro F2.8L IS USM | 17-85mm USM IS | 50mm 1.8 | 1.4x converter |
Flickr (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,893 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 15, 2015 18:20 |  #2847

That's the thing Steve it was one of the first things I noticed ;-)a

Box ­ Brownie
Cream of the Crop
10,184 posts
Joined Apr 2005

Mar 15, 2015 19:53 |  #2848

Evening Guys

I am still about :)

@ David ~ nice to see some 2 wheeled motorsports one of these days must get to somewhere to see the live action.

@Dom ~ as I have said before you are developing one heck of strong style and the work you produce with Kristina

@ Steve ~ very nice B&W image of an unusual subject. Like you I have hardly touched a camera........only took it once this year on March 7th to the Wisley Butterflies, transferred to the HDD this evening and no time to look. Not sure when I will have the time to cull & PP them? :(

But heh spring is almost upon us...............so much make time for all sorts of matters photographic :D

That was a great meal ~ you must have a good set of pans :p
Images for a photographic memory (external link) | Flickr (external link) | >>>My 500px<<< (external link)
credit line is vanity, payment is sanity

Richard1959
Goldmember
1,111 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Mar 17, 2015 15:31 |  #2849

:-P :-P I's still here, just not really had the chance to get out n about with 6D :cry:

I am off to the NEC next Monday 23rd to The Photography Show 2015, thankfully the railway via Leamington has reopened, so should have a few shots from the show next week

Sometimes I take good photos other times !!!!
EOS 5DMkiv EF100-400L f4.5-5.6, EF24-105L f4, EF16-35L f4 EF50 1:1.8 II, EF28 1:2.8 & 580EXII and some triggers. Lightroom & Photoshop CC

My Flickr (external link)

Ronin ­ Silv
Goldmember
4,893 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 4 years ago by Ronin Silv.

Mar 18, 2015 16:47 |  #2850

Time for a bit of trumpet blowing for some reason this image has been accepted into Vogue Italia, HERE (external link) , shot on my Canon EOS 500 film camera using Ilford HP5 film. Feeling quite pleased with myself :-D

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7592/16237709993_b56e111706_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qJSv​t8  (external link) Adit 2 (external link) by Dom Regan Photography (external link), on Flickr

sponsored links

557,231 views & 278 likes for this thread
The 17th UK South-East "The Summer of Awesomeness" Thread (All Welcome)
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Member Activities 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.