Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 15 Mar 2015 (Sunday) 18:30
Search threadPrev/next

Traffic (Views) and breast size

ratempa
438 posts
Joined Jun 2008

Mar 15, 2015 18:30 |  #1

I'm more of a hobbyist than a pro photographer. My aim is to build up an audience and proceed from there. I have stopped working with models who are willing to do TFP because I've seen the huge difference in talent, and more importantly, huge difference in viewer numbers. I post most of my work on 500px.com. I like the community there and I like the fact that the followers and viewers (for the majority) are other photographers.

I have had some hit and misses, but mostly hits with the models I have used so far. I have only hired a handful and the number of followers and view numbers has gone up. Every now and then though there are pictures that I post up that I expect to do very well, and they hardly get any views. Once it was due to the site being down, and the views quickly went back up.

I have noticed that great portraits and pictures that are not offensive to anyone do the best. So naturally i focused of unique, gorgeous faces, when deciding on models. This led me to finally getting a picture being featured on the front page. The front page is the holly grail, with views exceeding 10k for some in those short hours.

On average I'll get around 1 to 2k views for a picture with a rating between 90 to 98%. However I got a chance to shoot with a physique model with a larger than normal breast size late last year. Her pictures have given me much exposure, leading to several of my pictures on the front page.

Onto my question. I was recently contracted to shoot a model for a plastic surgeon. She's beautiful and has had some work done, but she is clearly smaller than the previously physique model mentioned. I expected good numbers from her, but it's almost been the opposite. My question is, does breast size really matter? I understand that it's not all about how sexy your model is, and other factors play a large role as well, such as how good the picture actually is.

(the embedding web image doesn't seem to work for me, I apologize for the inconvenience)

Image 1: https://500px.com …atempa-?from=user_library (external link)

image 2: https://500px.com …atempa-?from=user_library (external link)

First image as uploaded 16hrs ago (about 1am pacific) and is already at 99.1, with over 4500 views. Second image was uploaded 22hrs ago, 97.3, with about 1600 views. The difference is clearly there. My confusion is on why one is so clearly distinctly more popular than the other. I expected less views from the black and white one. More than anything I want some insight into this so I can continue to hire the right models.

Thanks for taking a look,
Rafael

FaceBook (external link)
500px (external link)
InstaGram (external link)

Littlejon ­ Dsgn
Goldmember
3,266 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Mar 15, 2015 21:53 |  #2

There both very nice images, but my bigger question is what do you gain by other photographers following you?

bumpintheroad
Self-inflicted bait
1,650 posts
Gallery: 21 photos
Joined Oct 2013

Mar 15, 2015 23:31 |  #3

They are both lovely shots of lovely models. I can't say exactly why, but I do like the B&W shot more than the color shot, but the model's bust size has nothing to do with my preference.

I'm not sure why you're concerned about how popular one image is versus another, as long as you and your model/client are happy with the work. Being the #1 glamor photographer on 500pix won't get you a free cup of coffee. Unless you can translate that into paying work it's just attention seeking.

-- Mark | Gear | Flickr (external link) | Picasa (external link) | Youtube (external link) | Facebook (external link) | Image editing is okay

flowrider
Goldmember
3,585 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Mar 16, 2015 00:33 |  #4

I don't think size has anything to do with it. It's just the pose and lighting is that much better on #1

~Steve~
~ My Website-stevelowephoto.com (external link) ~ Facebook (external link)
Feedback Feedback Feedback

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,238 posts
Gallery: 73 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 16, 2015 00:41 |  #5

The two photos differ in other ways than breast size. For instance, the B&W model has beautiful hair and plenty of it. The bikini top in the color shot is oddly designed, not very attractively IMO, with those extra straps. Generally, the B&W image looks more glamorous and the color image looks more everyday.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

Buylongterm
Goldmember
2,080 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2010

Mar 20, 2015 10:37 |  #6

BTW, love your work. Great photos.

Christian
flickr (external link)
@WerthLiving (Follow me on Instagram)
Canon EOS 5D MK III Gripped | 35mm f/1.4L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS MK II |100mm f/2.8L Macro | 24mm-105mm f/4.0L |

Copidosoma
Goldmember
1,017 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Mar 20, 2015 21:13 |  #7

flowrider wrote in post #17476882 (external link)
I don't think size has anything to do with it. It's just the pose and lighting is that much better on #1

x2

First photo is just more visually interesting.

Gear: 7DII | 6D | Fuji X100s |Sigma 24A, 50A, 150-600C |24-105L |Samyang 14 2.8|Tamron 90mm f2.8 |and some other stuff
http://www.shutterstoc​k.com/g/copidosoma (external link)
https://500px.com/chri​s_kolaczan (external link)

ChunkyDA
Goldmember
3,704 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 22, 2015 19:05 |  #8

The B&W one says adult content and requires click through to see it. It is no more revealing than the color but people are probably curious to see more skin behind the curtain

Dave
Support Search and Rescue, Get Lost (external link)
Gear list and some feedback

Road ­ Dog
Goldmember
1,182 posts
Gallery: 124 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Jul 2014

Mar 24, 2015 20:35 |  #9

ratempa wrote in post #17476479 (external link)
First image as uploaded 16hrs ago (about 1am pacific) and is already at 99.1, with over 4500 views. Second image was uploaded 22hrs ago, 97.3, with about 1600 views. The difference is clearly there. My confusion is on why one is so clearly distinctly more popular than the other. I expected less views from the black and white one. More than anything I want some insight into this so I can continue to hire the right models.

Neither one is unsafe for work, yet the black & white one has a caveat regarding "adult content".

That's the reason there's such a disparity.

The question I have is why bother labeling one as, basically, "NSFW"?

Just shut up and smile...
My Current Line-Up

urbanfreestyle
I am a squirrel who loves rubbing bottles and I have Nuts in my drawers, too!
2,046 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Mar 24, 2015 20:39 as a reply to  @ Road Dog's post |  #10

Personally i prefer ladies with smaller breasts, as for the viewing stats i would agree with the last post re-nsfw.

Facebook (external link)
Canon 1D Mk IV | Canon 50mm 1.8 Mk1 | Sigma 'Bigma' 50-500 | Fuji XE1 | Helios 44/m | 50mm 1.4 | Manfrotto 055CX PRO3 | 3LT Mohawk ballhead | Lubitel 2 med format camera |

Davenn
991 posts
Gallery: 32 photos
Joined Jun 2013

Mar 26, 2015 23:38 |  #11

Road Dog wrote in post #17490621 (external link)
Neither one is unsafe for work, yet the black & white one has a caveat regarding "adult content".

That's the reason there's such a disparity.

The question I have is why bother labeling one as, basically, "NSFW"?

cant help but agree with those sentiments

you created the extra interest by your labelling ;)

Dave

A picture is worth 1000 words ;)
Canon 5D3, 6D, 700D, a bunch of lenses and other bits, ohhh and some Pentax stuff ;)

OhLook
Spiderwoman
18,238 posts
Gallery: 73 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Mar 26, 2015 23:58 |  #12

The photo didn't have the Adult Content label the first time I looked at it, when the OP's post was new.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | IMAGE EDITING OK

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,632 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Mar 31, 2015 01:22 |  #13

I like the larger breast but natural. Not a fan of bolt ons at all. As for photos, I like the first one but after reading the other posts I had to go back and see which bust was larger. I much prefer the 1st one simply because of the pose, the hair and the eyes. The 2nd image just doesn't have that.

Brian500au
410 posts
Joined Sep 2009

Apr 26, 2015 06:41 |  #14

How do the viewers know the size of the breast before the view the pic?

In most cases it is the label and the description that brings in viewers. It is the pics itself that invites the comments. Traditionally a label of NSFW will bring in double the amount of viewers.

Gear List
www.kjbphotography.com​.au (external link)

windpig
Chopped liver
14,801 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Apr 26, 2015 08:03 |  #15

flowrider wrote in post #17476882 (external link)

This.

Would you like to buy a vowel?
Go ahead, spin the wheel.
flickr (external link)
I'm accross the canal just south of Ballard, the town Seattle usurped in 1907.

8,933 views & 5 likes for this thread
Traffic (Views) and breast size
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.