Challenge #527 - Glass
This week your mission is to shoot glass (sounds fun already). Any glass, any shape, any color. With one exception: no transparent glass panes (ie. windows/mirrors) unless they play a very small role. Stained glass is OK.
Should be an easy one. Use your imagination and have fun.
I have to say that I liked each and every photo this week. Of course, that makes the judging even harder.
Jim Askew - Venetian Glass: I really liked this photo the moment I first saw it. Not only is each piece a work of art. But the composition as a whole is a work of art in itself. Nicely shot.
teekay - Glass on the Grass: A very colorful and beautiful display of glass. I looked at every piece and decided I liked the tall centerpiece the best. Nice lighting. Of course it would have been a bit better if a head wasn't sticking up above the display case. But that's sometimes very hard to avoid in public situations like this. Nicely done!
Maureen - Sad Saxophone Player: A very nice ceramic piece. You can almost hear a sad tune coming from the saxophone. And you nailed the lighting perfectly.
corythosaurus - Glass Chandelier: What an awesome sculpture. It looks like it must be immense. Love the lighting. Is this, perhaps, a Dale Chihuly sculpture?
Spoco57 - Light Bulb!: A very interesting antique store display and different take on the subject. Any idea how old it is? A bit tight on the cropping, perhaps, but a very nice photo nonetheless.
Rafael - old Mexican glass: A very nice composition and some very nice glass. You captured a very intimate mood with this photo.
Mexico does have some excellent artists. I've been collecting talavera pottery for several years.
Well, I wish we could have ties in these contests. If so, all would place in the top three.
But we don't so it worked out this way:
3rd place: corythosaurus - Glass Chandelier
2nd place: teekay - Glass on the Grass
1st place: Jim - Venetian Glass
Thanks again for so many nice entries.
Looking forward to what you come up with, Jim!
To submit, click the button labeled 'POST TO THREAD' and put your Photo Title in the first line of the post, above your photo. Don't forget your Camera Model.
Post until Monday noon GMT, Monday 30th March 2015.
1. Camera -- Canon G-Series Camera G1, G2, G3, G5, G6, G7, G9, G10, G11, G12, G15, G16, G1X, G1X Mark II, G7 X and Pro1 only.
2. Time -- any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Size -- photo must be no less than 800 pixels and no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side, with NO BORDERS.
4. Post-Processing -- do whatever you like and the host will decide if it works.
- One photo per photographer in each challenge.
- Photo Title in the first line of the post.
- Camera model.
- EXIF data, if you like.
6. Commenting -- No commenting on photos by anyone, including the photographer. Once the winners are declared, photographers can add comments to their images and everyone is invited to discuss.
7. Photo Display -- Photos must appear in this thread to be eligible.
One challenge every week, on the following schedule:
- New Topic ... As soon as possible after winning.
- Posting Starts ... Right after topic is announced.
- Posting Stops ... Monday noon GMT
- Winners Announcement ... As soon as possible, max. until Tuesday noon GMT.
Click FOLLOW THREAD in the top right of the challenge's thread page.
Notifications of new posts will appear below the POTN logo and the main links in the top of each forum page.
Note: Email notifications are not active at the moment, they will be available soon.
Pay attention to your PMs or 'Heads Up!' messages. This will allow the host, helpful members or moderators to contact you about winning or ineligible photos.
Click this sentence for Hosting Rules and Winners List.
Click this sentence for Discussion of Rules thread.