Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by MissFire.

Apr 02, 2015 14:44 |  #4966

Hi Ladies, sorry for the long absence! Been going back and forth from my house in Lancaster to Huntington Beach, stay a week in HB, go home for a week, then start the cycle over again. Been doing this since November of 2014, and needless to say, it's getting old! I just got home after spending a week with my granddaughter, who just turned 6. That week was jammed pack with activity, but I loved every minute of it. Now, my husband and I have been sick the last 3 days, in fact I took him to urgent care yesterday, he has pneumonia! Anyway, just wanted to check in and say Hi!!

Ladies, as always, Great Work!

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

sponsored links
EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Apr 02, 2015 14:47 |  #4967

willowrose wrote in post #17501358 (external link)
I am enjoying all of your pictures. Stina the one with the doe is lovely, especially with all of the greenery around her. I am posting a few shots that I took tonight of my 6 month old grandson. :)

QUOTED IMAGE

Thanks, Willowrose. Your grandson is adorable!

Maureen Souza wrote in post #17501458 (external link)
So cute ^^^^, I can't believe he is 6 months old already.

We tried for 2 hours to do Ella pictures today but she was mostly Miss Cranky Pants, even when Mama picked her up. I took pictures anyways; we will hope she gets a charge out of them when she grows up.

I think this first picture is great, Maureen and I like the ones with mother and daughter as well.

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Apr 02, 2015 14:50 |  #4968

MissFire wrote in post #17502243 (external link)
Hi Ladies, sorry for the long absence! Been going back and forth from my house in Lancaster to Huntington Beach, stay a week in HB, go home for a week, then start the cycle over again. Been doing this since November of 2014, and needless to say, it's getting old! I just got home after spending a week with my granddaughter, who just turned 6. That week was jammed pack with activity, but I loved every minute of it. Now, my husband and I have been sick the last 3 days, in fact I took him to urgent care yesterday, he has pneumonia! Anyway, just wanted to check in and say Hi!!

As to the pictures-Ladies, Great Work!

Hi! Hopefully you get some down time soon and you both get well.

Stina
flickr (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,086 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 02, 2015 14:58 |  #4969

I love those little piggy toes up in the air, Stina. :-) I almost don't even care about the rest of that shot, LOL.

Lynn, don't over-do it or you will be back in the hospital! Tell Craig I said to get well soon..... Time to retire & enjoy life, you two.

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

willowrose
170 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 02, 2015 20:02 |  #4970

Stina and Maureen, thank you for the kind words. Brendan decided to impress us with his new sitting up skill. Maureen your daughter is just darling with Miss Ella. Memories made forever.

I also want to let you know what a pleasure it is to have such a friendly and supportive group here. It can be a bit intimidating to post photos, but here the "lady photographers" provide a fun place to share. Some of those photo criticism threads are downright scary. lol

Canon 6D, &7D T1i, Canon 24-105L, 17-40L, 70-200 F4L IS, 50mmL, 135L, 200 2.8L, Sigma 50mm original, Tamron 150-600, some Lensbaby gear

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 03, 2015 02:51 |  #4971

willowrose wrote in post #17502582 (external link)
Stina and Maureen, thank you for the kind words. Brendan decided to impress us with his new sitting up skill. Maureen your daughter is just darling with Miss Ella. Memories made forever.

I also want to let you know what a pleasure it is to have such a friendly and supportive group here. It can be a bit intimidating to post photos, but here the "lady photographers" provide a fun place to share. Some of those photo criticism threads are downright scary. lol

LOL, no talent is required here (although everybody takes great photos). This is a place for sharing & chit chat. Some of the Ladies were still struggling to learn the ins & outs of photography when they joined up here & it has been great fun watching everyone improve. Don't forget, you can report rudeness to the Mods anytime & we will deal with the offenders. :p

Well, I caved in & bought a brand new car today. I bought a 2015 Honda Pilot & it feels like a beast. I would much rather be driving something small & sporty but, alas, I have too many grandkids. I owned a Honda CRV for almost 3 years but with 2 in car seats & 1 in a booster seat, there is no room for it all in my CRV. I loved the look of the Nissan Pathfinder but I hated the mirrors & there was too much distracting stuff in the front panel. I tested the Toyota Highlander but I hated how hard it was to access the third row of seats so that was out. Plus, both those vehicles were about $40,000!!!!! I hated the look of the Pilot; kinda boxy compared to the design of the other two cars but it drove really nicely, the leather on the seats felt better than the other two & I could easily access the 3rd row. So I decided to overlook the appearance, talked numbers only once with the dealer & wrote a check. They also gave me a super trade-in on my CRV; $1500 over Blue Book and since I am a three-peat Honda purchaser, they gave me a $40,000 model for $37,000 & a free upgrade to 4 Wheel Drive. So I feel like I did well with my wheeling & dealing. :-)
Now when all those kids are grown, I am buying myself that BMW Z4 sports car.

5DMK4
7DMK2

GibJock
Kill killer
9,647 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Apr 03, 2015 04:07 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #4972

Good for you Maureen, when I Get rid of kids, and horse, it's a Merc SL for me ........ dream on :rolleyes:

flickr (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,086 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Apr 03, 2015 11:29 |  #4973

Ian, I have always dreamed of owning a Mercedes 550SL but alas, I won't spend that kind of money for a car. But I can drool over them for free.......;-)a

5DMK4
7DMK2

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,281 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 03, 2015 12:56 |  #4974

I'm a truck girl :D

First truck was a 1995 Chevy Silverado. Regular cab, long box. No A/C, no power features, no window tint. It was a bare bones work truck, but I loved it!
Current truck is a 2002 GMC Sierra. Extended cab, short box, power features, a/c, tint, cruise control. I love it too.
Next truck will be a four door and preferably four wheel drive.

If I had the finances to do so, I would also own a Subaru WRX STi with the 6 speed manual transmission and Brembo brakes. It would be my play toy and good on gas.

Melody

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Apr 03, 2015 13:31 |  #4975

willowrose wrote in post #17502582 (external link)

:-D:-D:-D

Maureen Souza wrote in post #17502907 (external link)
Well, I caved in & bought a brand new car today. I bought a 2015 Honda Pilot & it feels like a beast.

Congrats, Maureen. My mom had one of the BMW Z3'3 (or something like that?), but it had major blind spots and it was too small for me.

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #17503376 (external link)
I'm a truck girl :D

Me too! I like getting up into my vehicles. :-)

Stina
flickr (external link)

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,281 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 03, 2015 13:54 |  #4976

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17503420 (external link)
Me too! I like getting up into my vehicles. :-)

Yup, except for when you're wearing a skirt that doesn't allow for the step up and you end up flashing any poor nearby soul.

I use my truck for what it's intended. Was towing a trailer on Wednesday. And I'm out in the middle of nowhere where the roads don't get plowed before I leave for work in the morning. And it's gravel everywhere.

The Subaru I want would be a fun little car for flying down the back roads, playing in the snow, and playing in the mud. Plus it would be decent to take on a road trip or to drive in the city. Trying to park a truck at the mall during Christmas gets a little frustrating.

Melody

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012
Post edited over 4 years ago by MissFire.

Apr 03, 2015 13:59 |  #4977

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17502247 (external link)
Hi! Hopefully you get some down time soon and you both get well.

Thanks, Stina, the last few months have been rough, and I too hope for some down time! :-)

Maureen Souza wrote in post #17502258 (external link)
I love those little piggy toes up in the air, Stina. :-) I almost don't even care about the rest of that shot, LOL.

Lynn, don't over-do it or you will be back in the hospital! Tell Craig I said to get well soon..... Time to retire & enjoy life, you two.

Maureen, yeah I hear ya, but it's hard, LOL. The doctors have still been running tests, in fact there is another one pending, but not scheduled, still waiting on the doctor who ordered it. I have a follow-up appointment scheduled in a couple weeks, hopefully will find out what the lastest test yields. I think I'm going to put the kibosh on all these tests, they find something that doesn't look right, but can't tell what it is, so schedule another that is supposed to give a clearer picture, and so on and so on. I'll be okay. Craig, with meds, is turning the corner. It'll take a few more days, right now he feels better but not, if you know what I mean! Believe it or not, Craig retired about a year ago, but we haven't seen any down time from it yet! LOL, when's it supposed to start? :-)

Oh, and congrats on the car, Maureen, I'm sure you'll love it!

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,731 posts
Joined Sep 2011

Apr 03, 2015 14:12 |  #4978

Jill-of-all-Trades wrote in post #17503434 (external link)
Yup, except for when you're wearing a skirt that doesn't allow for the step up and you end up flashing any poor nearby soul.

I use my truck for what it's intended. Was towing a trailer on Wednesday. And I'm out in the middle of nowhere where the roads don't get plowed before I leave for work in the morning. And it's gravel everywhere.

The Subaru I want would be a fun little car for flying down the back roads, playing in the snow, and playing in the mud. Plus it would be decent to take on a road trip or to drive in the city. Trying to park a truck at the mall during Christmas gets a little frustrating.

Lol! My husband and I went to my prom in his lifted 79 Ford, that was fun getting in and out of. :rolleyes:

A big truck is hard to park at any time in the Bay Area, that's why I don't take our big trucks and I stick with my Tahoe. I live on a dirt road and use my 4WD everyday. An SUV works great for me but I hate how my back window gets covered in dirt, so I want a truck and I'll use it the way a trucks supposed to be used. :-)

Stina
flickr (external link)

willowrose
170 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 03, 2015 14:24 |  #4979

Maureen, congratulations on your new car. I had visions of a sweet little red Mustang after I retired until I sat in it. At that point I realized that neither my knees nor my generous derriere were going to be well accommodated by the little sweetheart. I have a nice, big comfy Crown Vic which has the added bonus of having enough room to install the huge car seats that they make now, while still providing enough room for most of the rest of the family. lol I had a car seat for years back at the turn of the millennium but was not expecting to have one installed in my vehicle again. It took me weeks to get used to the new blind spot that the rear turned seat makes.

I hope everyone gets to feeling better. It seems like once the doctor visits begin, there is no end to them. Happy Good Friday and Happy Easter to each of you. :)

Canon 6D, &7D T1i, Canon 24-105L, 17-40L, 70-200 F4L IS, 50mmL, 135L, 200 2.8L, Sigma 50mm original, Tamron 150-600, some Lensbaby gear

Jill-of-all-Trades
16,281 posts
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 03, 2015 14:26 |  #4980

EastBayGirl wrote in post #17503451 (external link)
Lol! My husband and I went to my prom in his lifted 79 Ford, that was fun getting in and out of. :rolleyes:

A big truck is hard to park at any time in the Bay Area, that's why I don't take our big trucks and I stick with my Tahoe. I live on a dirt road and use my 4WD everyday. An SUV works great for me but I hate how my back window gets covered in dirt, so I want a truck and I'll use it the way a trucks supposed to be used. :-)

I don't need 4WD, but I sure would make use of it. Our road, even though it's gravel, is always in good condition. There are only 4 properties on our little section, it's a 1 lane jaunt off of a paved (30 years ago) strip that is only paved because of the co-op. Winter driving would be better with it, and I would take a few more back roads that for now are only useable when they're dry.

The AWD Subaru would be fun and useful.

Melody

sponsored links

637,800 views & 1,354 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.