Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
Thread started 22 Feb 2015 (Sunday) 07:32
Search threadPrev/next

You need 500 posts AND 90 days of membership

this thread is locked
nazmo
386 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2014

Mar 16, 2015 01:31 |  #16

I requested early access by following all the steps. I also gave links to the images i wanted to post.
I was approved and am very grateful for the system in place. Its really not that bad and I think its for the best.

70D :: Sigma 50mm 1.4 A :: Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 :: Simga 18-35mm 1.8 A :: Sigma 50-150mm F2.8
Some of my recent work - https://www.flickr.com​/photos/119061318@N03/ (external link)
My Squarespace page - http://nrpcreations.sq​uarespace.com/ (external link)

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 03, 2015 23:17 |  #17

It took me almost 6 years to get my 500 posts. lol.

CheleA
353 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jul 2014

Apr 04, 2015 01:28 |  #18

the flying moose wrote in post #17503887 (external link)
It took me almost 6 years to get my 500 posts. lol.

There is a good chance that the 6 years might be the express path for me:( I have been lurking in this site for almost a year and only have a bit over 30 posts. The one draw back I can tell you from other forums I have participated in is that many people become "post whores" ( I hope I don't get banned for that comment:( ). And they will have one word post, just to increase the count! I don't really like for the site to show the post count right away. I can see how the post count shows "regulars" by having a high count. At the same time, rules are rules. The forum doesn't have to include or accommodate me even if I disagree with the forum's rules -- either I adapt or move on. Because, regardless of what my mom said to me, I'm beginning to think the world doesn't revolve around me, and that is just plain wrong :)

the ­ flying ­ moose
Goldmember
1,629 posts
Joined Dec 2006

Apr 04, 2015 01:34 |  #19

CheleA wrote in post #17503953 (external link)
There is a good chance that the 6 years might be the express path for me:( I have been lurking in this site for almost a year and only have a bit over 30 posts. The one draw back I can tell you from other forums I have participated in is that many people become "post whores" ( I hope I don't get banned for that comment:( ). And they will have one word post, just to increase the count! I don't really like for the site to show the post count right away. I can see how the post count shows "regulars" by having a high count. At the same time, rules are rules. The forum doesn't have to include or accommodate me even if I disagree with the forum's rules -- either I adapt or move on. Because, regardless of what my mom said to me, I'm beginning to think the world doesn't revolve around me, and that is just plain wrong :)

That's why it took so long for me. I'd rather have something to say other than "nice photo" or something like that.

rebeen
217 posts
Joined Nov 2007

May 15, 2015 07:37 |  #20

for me i shot G&N i think until i get 500 post i will get some shot, and thin i will showed
BTW i do not understand way some people in hurry to show they work ? ;-)a

Canon EOS 6D,Canon EOS 5D mark II,Canon EOS 40D, lens: canon 70-200 f2.8L ,canon 40mm F1.8 ,canon 50mm f1.8,Tamron 90mm macro f2.8 /Tokina 12-24mm f4,Sigma 24 F1.8 DG,Canon 17-40 f4L,Canon 35-70 f4
http://www.flickr.com/​photos/rebeen_photogra​phy/ (external link)

Moppie
14,808 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2004

May 18, 2015 01:16 |  #21

The process for early access is pretty clearly outlined and quite easy to follow.

monkey44 wrote in post #17444128 (external link)
IF I were a mod, and saw the first two posts, I'd change the rule in a hot second ... 1000 posts and 180 days for immature whiners...

If I was a mod I would just close the thread.

Oh wait!

flickr (external link)

Have you Calibrated your Monkey lately?

AceCo55
261 posts
Joined Mar 2014

May 18, 2015 04:20 as a reply to  @ Moppie's post |  #22

Classic!! :lol:

... and I just got my post count to rise by one :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

From the "Land Down Under" ... South Australia

9,463 views & 18 likes for this thread
You need 500 posts AND 90 days of membership
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Glamour & Nude Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.