Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
Thread started 06 Apr 2015 (Monday) 13:25
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

G&N Still Together

_aravena
isn't this answer a stickie yet?
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 06, 2015 13:25 |  #1

It's been several years since this was brought up based on the search and it bugs me still. As an up and coming model photographer I look over shoots for ideas and inspiration but the fact Glamour is with the Nude I never know what I can view and what threads have models with clothes or without so it's hard to browse at work. On lunch guys, obviously. :-D Not sure if it's an overly big deal but I it would be nice to go through a forum of just clothed models falling into the glamour category or require all Nude posts to be marked as such.

Last Shot Photography
My Site (external link) ~ Gear List ~ Bag Reviews

sponsored links
DGStinner
Goldmember
1,040 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Jan 2014

Apr 06, 2015 13:30 |  #2

I agree that it would be helpful if any posts with nudity contained either an NSFW flag or had NSFW in the thread title.

Dave Stinner
Gripped 7DII | 6DII
EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM | EF 24-105mm f/4L | EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM | EF 50mm f/1.8 STM | EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM | Rokinon 8mm | Sigma 150-600
Instagram (external link)

Picture ­ North ­ Carolina
Gaaaaa! DOH!! Oops!
9,163 posts
Joined Apr 2006

Apr 07, 2015 08:55 |  #3

DGStinner wrote in post #17506687 (external link)
I agree that it would be helpful if any posts with nudity contained either an NSFW flag or had NSFW in the thread title.

Good luck with asking users to remember to voluntarily add NSFW into a title.
Same for setting a flag. There are many who won't do either or both.
You can't leave it up to forum users because it just won't get done.
Ultimately, the only way to ensure the best chance of separation is to create separate forums.

Website (external link) |

_aravena
THREAD ­ STARTER
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by _aravena.

Apr 07, 2015 10:26 |  #4

True, which is sad. I explore other things but even at home, be nice to know what's about to pop up on my screen. As it is I'm editing some photos from shoots I have not done in the past that are risqué and quite kinky so it's good my family is away right now so yes, the difference between scantly dressed women or even full clothed in poses is different than nudes. Not sure why it's always been together when they're so diverse and do not always coincide.

EDIT: Thanks Jon!

Last Shot Photography

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,792 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001
Post edited over 4 years ago by Pekka.

Apr 07, 2015 17:27 |  #5

DGStinner wrote in post #17506687 (external link)

Any nude images may only be posted in G&N forums. So, if you filter out G&N forums you won't see any of those, even by accident. If you see nude images outside G&N please report them.

Maybe it would be cool to have a few different forum filtering sets, and choose the "works safe" when at work.

Another issue:

Now G&N thumbnails are "covered" in galleries. I think it is logical NOT to cover them as seeing the G&N forum (i.e. seeing the thumbnails in galleries) happens only when you have not filtered G&N out. Guests won't see them in any case. This would also mean that G&N should be filtered out by default for new members, and if they'd remove the filter they would need to agree that they will see nude material in galleries, only then the filter would be removed.

Else the whole thing is not fair for G&N shooters' gallery images: where is the motivation to build a gallery which looks like https://photography-on-the.net …embergallery.ph​p?m=224924 :rolleyes:

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
Combating camera shame since 1977...
9,897 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 07, 2015 17:32 |  #6

there is a Fashion section that might fit your needs.

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdis​play.php?f=140

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

Wilt
Reader's Digest Condensed version of War and Peace [POTN Vol 1]
41,839 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Aug 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by Wilt.

Apr 07, 2015 17:55 as a reply to  @ Pekka's post |  #7

Pekka,

The issue is that today one needs to be able to permit (i.e., not Filter) G&N to view 'Glamour only' photos. But since one cannot set filters to 'permit Glamour' yet also 'filter Nudity', there is no current way to view 'Glamour only' safely in a home with minor/small children present or at while at Work or other location in which inadvertantly viewing of nude photos would not be appropriate.

You need to give me OK to edit your image and repost! Keep POTN alive and well with member support https://photography-on-the.net/forum/donate.p​hp
Canon dSLR system, Olympus OM 35mm system, Bronica ETRSi 645 system, Horseman LS 4x5 system, Metz flashes, Dynalite studio lighting, and too many accessories to mention

_aravena
THREAD ­ STARTER
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007

Apr 08, 2015 07:17 |  #8

Left Handed Brisket wrote in post #17508430 (external link)
there is a Fashion section that might fit your needs.

https://photography-on-the.net/forum/forumdis​play.php?f=140

You mean the entire 2 pages!?!

So yeah, Pekka, what Wilt said. You keep including Glamour with Nude as if we're talking about both when we're only referring to the one. We want to see Glamour without Nude.

Last Shot Photography

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
9,897 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 08, 2015 07:41 |  #9

_aravena wrote in post #17509022 (external link)
You mean the entire 2 pages!?!

So yeah, Pekka, what Wilt said. You keep including Glamour with Nude as if we're talking about both when we're only referring to the one. We want to see Glamour without Nude.

Sorry for trying to help.

If you look close you will see that the traffic on that board is greater than GN. Yes it might be a bit diluted with other commercial photography, but it is only what members make it. Participate over there and share your work and maybe traffic will build. Splitting the GN forums in two would cut traffic even more. And the reason there is only two pages in fashion is because the forum is brand new with AMASS.

Frankly, the nudes in GN are very tasteful, more so than a lot of the so called 'work safe' glamor shots.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

_aravena
THREAD ­ STARTER
12,450 posts
Joined Feb 2007
Post edited over 4 years ago by _aravena.

Apr 08, 2015 08:41 as a reply to  @ Left Handed Brisket's post |  #10

Thanks I know, I've been here awhile.

It's a very broad category and works but people will only post if moderators make them post there and if not, G&N will remain the central hub of the Fashion/Editorial side being that they are generally glamour. Also, 4 are currently viewing FEC (including me) and 56 are in G&N so not sure where your traffic numbers are coming from since I see new posts too in G&N and nothing in FEC. It's a nice idea but like I said, if FEC is to be the non nude Glamour then post should be pushed over.

Last Shot Photography

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
9,897 posts
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 08, 2015 08:59 |  #11

_aravena wrote in post #17509091 (external link)
Thanks I know, I've been here awhile.

Also, 4 are currently viewing FEC (including me) and 56 are in G&N so not sure where your traffic numbers are coming from since I see new posts too in G&N and nothing in FEC..

you're welcome.

i both forums have 4 new posts in the last day.

views between the two just tell how many werido perverts we have on the board, they don't really mean much other than that.

and yes, i'm one of those 56 weirdo perverts. :p

sponsored links

2,162 views & 3 likes for this thread
G&N Still Together
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff Forum Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.