Wilt ... Recipe sure ... but do take note, i basically get them from internet & modify it to suit my needs. fyi, this one is not hard to cook ... it is the food styling that took most of my time.
2 Crabs (best if can find huge mud crab) - do clean it thoroughly
1 teaspoon White Vinegar
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 teapoon of Salt
1 cup of Cornflour Mixture (cornflour + water )
3 tablespoon Cooking Oil
Spice to grind coarsely:
5 Fresh Red Chillies
5 Dried Chillies (soften it by soaking in water)
5 clove Garlic
1 tablespoon Cooking Wine
5 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoon Chilli Sauce
1 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
1/2 tablespoon Fermented Soya Bean Paste
500ml Water or Stock
1. Chop pincers from crabs, remove the main shell (i keep it to reconstruct for shooting later) and chop rest of body into 4 portions.
2. In a wok, Heat the cooking oil until it start smoking
3. Stir fry the spices till fragrant & add crabs. Mixed crab well with spices.. Cook until crab turn red
4. Then add the sauce and stir well.
5. Cover and simmer over high heat for 5 minutes or till thoroughly cooked.
6. Add vinegar and salt to taste.
7. Once taste suit your needs, gradually stir in cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce - not necessary to pour all
8. Add in egg while stirring slowing.
9. Dish and serve immediately to your family.
Note: For food photography, u will choose the best looking part for styling in a separate plate