Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 08 Sep 2006 (Friday) 20:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The 47th TPBM Random Lazy Days (or not) Chat Thread

sevillafox
I'm good with pathetic! Really, I am.
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 13, 2015 14:00 |  #2761

gjl711 wrote in post #17515685 (external link)
So you subscribe to the "best wine rack is in my belly" school of wine collecting. :)

Exactly!

BearLeeAlive wrote in post #17515699 (external link)
Your $16 bottles cost us near $30. Lots of great wine in that price range.

My favorite is Galena Wines Daffodil....it's a super yummy white.

Harm wrote in post #17515703 (external link)
some clients spare no expense on wines, but normally at home, we'll tend to stick around the $12-25 bottles of wine.

can't beat a good malbec red though :D

I like the Apothic red that I can find in the grocery store....around $12...goes on sale for $9 often.

Tiffany
hopeless smooshoholic......I smoosh!

sponsored links
gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,338 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Apr 13, 2015 14:04 |  #2762

Wow.. I guess I'm a real light weight. The only wine I get is what dinner guests bring over of maybe a bottle of two-buch Chuck.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Apr 13, 2015 14:14 |  #2763

Harm wrote in post #17515703 (external link)
can't beat a good malbec red though :D

There are great Malbecs, but they can be beat by many a grape. Mind you, I tend to move from one varietal to another. My favourite changes every few months. :)

-JIM-

sevillafox
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 13, 2015 17:17 as a reply to  @ BearLeeAlive's post |  #2764

Ian Mackie wrote in post #17513127 (external link)
Tiffany, with a name like Sevillafox am not surprised you drool for Spanish wines.

You have any connection with Seville?

sorry, I missed this earlier.

I lived and studied on sevilla for 6 months when I was in college. Such a beautiful city.

Tiffany

GibJock
Don’t bait the TF, it’ll backfire on you.
9,263 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Apr 14, 2015 09:46 |  #2765

sevillafox wrote in post #17515956 (external link)
sorry, I missed this earlier.

I lived and studied on sevilla for 6 months when I was in college. Such a beautiful city.

Yes, it's lovely. Only about 90 minutes drive from me, but have only been a couple of times, it's on the to do list for a long weekend!

flickr (external link)

sevillafox
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 14, 2015 10:16 |  #2766

Ian Mackie wrote in post #17516744 (external link)
Yes, it's lovely. Only about 90 minutes drive from me, but have only been a couple of times, it's on the to do list for a long weekend!

I'm SO jealous!!!!

My favorite thing about Sevilla was the Giralda tower....the minaret on the cathedral (also gorgeous). I loved that you cold see it and the giraldillo of the Lady faith from about everywhere in the city.....it was a nice anchor when feeling a little homesick to always be able to see her and feel that she was watching over me.

I wish I could go back. I took a bunch of students there in 2007, but we didn't spend much time in Sevilla. Spain will always have a space in my heart - it's one place I would move to in a heartbeat given the chance.

Tiffany

Timphoto
Creme de la Curmudgeon
8,763 posts
Gallery: 59 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Apr 2008

Apr 14, 2015 10:38 |  #2767

sevillafox wrote in post #17516772 (external link)
I'm SO jealous!!!!

My favorite thing about Sevilla was the Giralda tower....the minaret on the cathedral (also gorgeous). I loved that you cold see it and the giraldillo of the Lady faith from about everywhere in the city.....it was a nice anchor when feeling a little homesick to always be able to see her and feel that she was watching over me.

I wish I could go back. I took a bunch of students there in 2007, but we didn't spend much time in Sevilla. Spain will always have a space in my heart - it's one place I would move to in a heartbeat given the chance.

The cathedral is amazing, as is the view of the old town from the tower. We stayed in a very small hotel in the old town less than 1/2 mile from the cathedral and I swear we found 13 different routes to the cathedral. But it was great fun getting lost.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Tim

Harm
I don't always post, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis....
48,590 posts
Gallery: 13 photos
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 14, 2015 10:40 |  #2768

sevillafox wrote in post #17516772 (external link)
I'm SO jealous!!!!

so my question is, why don't you make it happen?

SmugMug (external link)

sevillafox
25,223 posts
Joined Oct 2007

Apr 14, 2015 11:06 |  #2769

Harm wrote in post #17516806 (external link)
so my question is, why don't you make it happen?

Spain unemployment is horrendous...not even sure what I'd do there for work.

Plus, the boys' dad would no way let them out of the country. I live in a different town than he does and I have to take the boys to school in his town (only 7 miles or so, but annoying). He refused to let them go anywhere else even though it's a small school (300 kids preK-12) and the town I live in is bigger and has more options for education (gifted and talented, music, better electives, etc.). But, he graduated from there, so that's where they are going to stay. :-x

Tiffany

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,191 posts
Gallery: 100 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Apr 14, 2015 11:31 |  #2770

Timphoto wrote in post #17516803 (external link)
The cathedral is amazing, as is the view of the old town from the tower. We stayed in a very small hotel in the old town less than 1/2 mile from the cathedral and I swear we found 13 different routes to the cathedral. But it was great fun getting lost.

A view like that stresses me out. Too crowded, no grass, no trees. I'd visit, but not for long.

Melody

Harm
48,590 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 14, 2015 12:07 |  #2771

sevillafox wrote in post #17516838 (external link)
Spain unemployment is horrendous...not even sure what I'd do there for work.

Plus, the boys' dad would no way let them out of the country. I live in a different town than he does and I have to take the boys to school in his town (only 7 miles or so, but annoying). He refused to let them go anywhere else even though it's a small school (300 kids preK-12) and the town I live in is bigger and has more options for education (gifted and talented, music, better electives, etc.). But, he graduated from there, so that's where they are going to stay. :-x

Ahhh yeah, that is a pretty big spanner in the works!!!

SmugMug (external link)

Harm
48,590 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Apr 14, 2015 12:14 |  #2772

Timphoto wrote in post #17516803 (external link)

Absolutely...

It is like Milan too:

IMAGE: http://harm.smugmug.com/City-Life/Milan/i-RpvRWnQ/0/XL/DSCF1506-XL.jpg

We tend not to use much transportation when we go and visit a city, if we do not have to. Walking around is all the fun, and you find all these little holes in the wall here and there off the tourist path...

SmugMug (external link)

Chet
my rates fluctuate
42,828 posts
Gallery: 125 photos
Joined Sep 2007

Jun 09, 2015 13:37 |  #2773

So Tiff shows up and scares everyone away?

Curator of the Bob's Pickle Emporium experience. -As always, One location to serve you better!
~Feel good today and donate to this great forum~ LINK
My Gear List

gjl711
According to the lazy TF, My flatulence rates
54,338 posts
Joined Aug 2006

Jun 09, 2015 14:00 |  #2774

Actually I think it was Harm as usual.

Not sure why, but call me JJ.
I used to hate math but then I realised decimals have a point.
::Flickr:: (external link)
::Gear::

BearLeeAlive
All butt cheeks and string.
30,198 posts
Joined May 2005

Jun 09, 2015 14:45 |  #2775

Yeah, I blame Harm too. It is usually his fault anyway.

-JIM-

sponsored links

166,607 views & 52 likes for this thread
The 47th TPBM Random Lazy Days (or not) Chat Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.