Thank you!!! At the risk of pushing my luck, any chance of indoor pics at 400mm?
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/rKA1Vw test_100_200_100-400 by wallstreetoneil, on Flickr
Just for you - and on Flikr you can download anything you want.
For all images I upped the default 25 lightroom sharpening to 50 and did Profile correction - that is it.
The pictures are taken on a tripod with:
- IS turned off
- ISO 1250, 1/25th, F2.8 for the 100mm L and 70-200mm L II and then 1/6th at 400mm F5.6 (to adjust exposure)
- distance is 27 feet
- focus point was placed on the fish food (see what the label looks like)
- exposure was about 2/3rds of a stop under what the 5D3 called optimal (I didn't want to use higher ISO to introduce ISO noise and I didn't want to go lower than 1/6th incase vibration becomes an issue (for the 100_400) so that was my compromise (the room is almost wedding room dark)
- I adjusted the 100mm exposure down -.2 to equalize the wall brightness (it was the first picture and possible light coming in from the kitchen window was brighter OR the 100mm L is very slightly faster than a 2.8
- you have the full images from the 100mm, 70-200mm, 100-400 all from the exact same spot take at most 5 minutes apart in total
- you also have crops of the 100mm and 200mm to give nearly the exact same framing of the 400mm (thus 1/16 of the pixels for the 100 and 1/4 of the pixels for the 70-200 @200)
- i view the 100mm and 70-200mm II as 2 of canon's best and sharpest lenses
- it would appear to me that you can add the 100-400 II to that list (which is what most people have already determined)
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/s3ahXV test_100_200_100-400-2 by wallstreetoneil, on Flickr
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/s36HmZ test_100_200_100-400-3 by wallstreetoneil, on Flickr
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/rKzFHm test_100_200_100-400 by wallstreetoneil, on Flickr
70-200mm @ 200mm cropped
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/rKHJxe test_100_200_100-400-2 by wallstreetoneil, on Flickr