Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
Thread started 14 Apr 2015 (Tuesday) 12:42
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Rochelle Tornado

davtackett
925 posts
Gallery: 42 photos
Joined Jul 2010

Apr 14, 2015 12:42 |  #1

Rochelle tornado. We stopped ahead of it to let it pass across the road but while taking photos I noticed it was getting larger each click so I knew it was headed our way. So I jumped in the car and tried to get out of the way but it was so big it caught us before I could get past and we were caught in it. Our car is totaled they say. The first photo was before and the 2nd after it passed. If you want to see more I put them all on my website on this page: http://www.fisheadtack​le.com/Tornado.html (external link)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

7d, 7dII, 100-400 canon L, 17-55mm f/2.8 IS

Pekka
El General Moderator
17,834 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Best ofs: 7
Joined Mar 2001

Apr 14, 2015 14:20 |  #2

Glad you're ok! Powerful stuff. I am so happy we do not have any of those here in Finland.

The Forum Boss, El General Moderator
AMASS 2.1 Changelog (installed here now)

Tedder
378 posts
Joined Jan 2009

Apr 14, 2015 16:31 |  #3

It's good that you got through it all right, and the pictures are a bonus.

You on your website: "I wish we had followed this one and got more photos."

I suspect that I'd hightail it in the opposite direction and not think of my camera till well after the fact!

Tedder Stephenson's Flickr (external link)
Various Items (external link) Mineral Matters (external link) The Bench (external link) Tracks (external link) Cars and Stripes (external link) Behind the Wheel (external link) Shadows of Turning (external link) Circles of Confusion (external link) Waterous Disturbulations (external link)

GibJock
Kill killer
9,918 posts
Gallery: 47 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Apr 14, 2015 16:44 |  #4

davtackett wrote in post #17516959 (external link)
Rochelle tornado. We stopped ahead of it to let it pass across the road but while taking photos I noticed it was getting larger each click so I knew it was headed our way. So I jumped in the car and tried to get out of the way but it was so big it caught us before I could get past and we were caught in it. Our car is totaled they say. The first photo was before and the 2nd after it passed. If you want to see more I put them all on my website on this page: http://www.fisheadtack​le.com/Tornado.html (external link)

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by davtackett in
./showthread.php?p=175​16959&i=i94644708
forum: Nature & Landscapes

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by davtackett in
./showthread.php?p=175​16959&i=i15066806
forum: Nature & Landscapes

Any pics of the car?

flickr (external link)

neophyte52
606 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Feb 2009

Apr 14, 2015 17:35 |  #5

Scary just to look at that! I wish I could say that I wouldn't have risked being in the path to get good photos, but I'm afraid that I don't have that wisdom :-) Glad you're okay; cars are replaceable...

Mark
Trying to compensate for lack of talent with lots of gear :lol:
My Gear

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

657 views & 0 likes for this thread
Rochelle Tornado
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Nature & Landscapes 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.