Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
Thread started 21 Apr 2015 (Tuesday) 19:45
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

What photography stuff did you do today?!

MatthewK
Goldmember
4,201 posts
Gallery: 779 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2009
Post edited over 4 years ago by MatthewK.

Apr 21, 2015 19:45 |  #1

This sort of thread is really popular on another forum that I frequent, and I thought it'd be fun to (attempt to) start it here as well. Basically, you just share whatever photography related activities, thoughts, musings, gear, etc. that you did today. I guess it is sort of like a 365 photo share, but you don't necessarily have to share any photos (but it's better if you do!)

I'll start :lol:

Purchased Adobe Creative Cloud (Lightroom + Photoshop) and started mucking about. Finally having HDR and Pano merge feature is great, and using Lightroom Mobile on my iPhone is pretty cool too (I use an EyeFi card in my 5D3 to transfer pics to my phone on the spot). I was hesitant about going to a paid subscription, so we'll see in a year if it's worth it or not!

Canon/Nikon/Fuji

sponsored links
urbanfreestyle
I am a squirrel who loves rubbing bottles and I have Nuts in my drawers, too!
2,060 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Apr 21, 2015 19:47 |  #2

erm... nothing....erm.... no i guess i worked on my new website and updated lightroom... does that count?

Facebook (external link)
Canon 1D Mk IV | Canon 50mm 1.8 Mk1 | Sigma 'Bigma' 50-500 | Fuji XE1 | Helios 44/m | 50mm 1.4 | Manfrotto 055CX PRO3 | 3LT Mohawk ballhead | Lubitel 2 med format camera |

Foodguy
Goldmember
1,324 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Apr 21, 2015 19:51 |  #3

Well, not photography related so much, but I put a new sink in the studio. Does that count? ;-)a

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

My answer for most photography questions: "it depends...'

MatthewK
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
4,201 posts
Gallery: 779 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2009

Apr 21, 2015 19:54 |  #4

urbanfreestyle wrote in post #17527087 (external link)
erm... nothing....erm.... no i guess i worked on my new website and updated lightroom... does that count?

Foodguy wrote in post #17527094 (external link)
Well, not photography related so much, but I put a new sink in the studio. Does that count? ;-)a

thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Foodguy in
./showthread.php?p=175​27094&i=i101435499
forum: General Photography Talk

Both sound Photography related to me :-)

Canon/Nikon/Fuji

Left ­ Handed ­ Brisket
Combating camera shame since 1977...
9,848 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jun 2011

Apr 21, 2015 20:05 |  #5

Procrastinated.

Have a job that needs to be shot and delivered but an abcess tooth has left me unable to even dial the phone much less shoot 70 fabric samples.

PSA: The above post may contain sarcasm, reply at your own risk | Not in gear database: Auto Sears 50mm 2.0 / 3x CL-360, Nikon SB-28, SunPak auto 322 D, Minolta 20

MichiTimm
837 posts
Gallery: 78 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined Dec 2009

Apr 21, 2015 20:35 |  #6

Took a Polaroid landscape and a Holga black and white landscape. Posted my monthly photos in the Scavenger Hunt thread. Messaged with a bride about timeline expectations for her wedding. Took photos of my SX-70 and the Polaroids I took with it this past weekend. Messaged with the guy who sold me the SX-70 about how it's doing and my experience with the new Impossible film. Read a wonderfully ridiculous pissing match of a thread in the wedding talk forum. Started prepping equipment for a wedding on Thursday. Took a really bad picture of my cat with the SX-70. Messaged someone in Michigan about doing a family shoot when I'm there on vacation.

That is way more than I usually do, I think.

Cool thread idea.

dodgyexposure
Goldmember
2,872 posts
Gallery: 14 photos
Joined Jul 2012

Apr 22, 2015 00:14 |  #7

MichiTimm wrote in post #17527138 (external link)
Took a Polaroid landscape and a Holga black and white landscape. Posted my monthly photos in the Scavenger Hunt thread. Messaged with a bride about timeline expectations for her wedding. Took photos of my SX-70 and the Polaroids I took with it this past weekend. Messaged with the guy who sold me the SX-70 about how it's doing and my experience with the new Impossible film. Read a wonderfully ridiculous pissing match of a thread in the wedding talk forum. Started prepping equipment for a wedding on Thursday. Took a really bad picture of my cat with the SX-70. Messaged someone in Michigan about doing a family shoot when I'm there on vacation.

That is way more than I usually do, I think.

Cool thread idea.

I had to go and read that thread after your post. Train wreck. So . . . today I'm wasting time reading photograhy forums on the internet.

Cheers, Damien

CheleA
354 posts
Gallery: 5 photos
Joined Jul 2014

Apr 22, 2015 00:23 as a reply to  @ dodgyexposure's post |  #8

My Canon 70D was not a candidate to MagicLantern's firmware, until very recently and installed it tonight. Looking good!!

Savethemoment
488 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Apr 22, 2015 03:32 |  #9

Processed some landscape photos I took on Sunday morning, before some really wild foul stormy weather hit Sydney, and uploaded them to Smugmug. Read some POTN posts, & wrote this one. Dreamed of owning the 11-24 f4 :-D

Always learning
Always looking for the good light

Aswald
Goldmember
1,162 posts
Joined Oct 2013

Apr 22, 2015 04:13 |  #10

Bought a sexy looking Cokin CPL filter for my ef-m11-22 lens. Unpacked it, took the camera out and it started raining....

Weather shield M3? I'm dreaming....:-P

Aus.Morgo
561 posts
Joined Feb 2012

Apr 22, 2015 05:28 |  #11

Used my 5d3 and 50 ART to take some pictures of my recently renovated "man cave" which was just obliterated in the storm by a falling gum tree.

Gear List

armis
897 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2012

Apr 22, 2015 05:31 |  #12

Processed a small pano shot. Turned out better than I expected but can't decide on color or B&W. Wondered why I took so many panos recently. Lamented the fact I still have so many to process. Raged at my continuing inability to render beautiful and realistic sunset colors.

Fuji X-E2, 18-55 and 55-200 zooms, Samyang 12
www.wtbphoto.com (external link)

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,351 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.

Apr 22, 2015 05:35 |  #13

Looked at the "what's new in LR6" videos, then went out and took some photos at the local train museum. Home now and going to process some Rugby photos from the weekend.

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

Mizzou78
68 posts
Gallery: 35 photos
Joined Dec 2014

Apr 22, 2015 09:21 |  #14

Ordered a new Tamron SP 150-600MM F/5-6.3 Di VC USD lens, and paid for Next Day Air shipping. :-)

I have a big problem with patience when I order something photography related. I've been thinking about this for a couple months so I want it tomorrow!!!!!:lol:

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away.

njstacker22
703 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Mar 2014

Apr 22, 2015 09:30 |  #15

Welllllll... I'm here so it's something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sony A7ii [Sony FE 16-35mm f/4] [Sony FE 28-70mm] [Rokinon 135mm F2] [Sony 50mm 1.8]
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/djbigley/ (external link)

sponsored links

13,059 views & 18 likes for this thread
What photography stuff did you do today?!
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre General Photography Talk 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.