Thanks for the link. I agree with the comments above, its a disgrace the way they are overpromoting CC, and doing their level best to force people to move away from the standalone product. For example, on firing up LR on my desktop today, I got an update alert. Clicking on it sent me to the main LR website inviting to download (guess what) LR CC.
I have just had 7 painful days arguing with Adobe about suddenly not being having access to the develop module in my laptop version of LR5. In short:
- I had trialled CC but not bought it.
- In doing so I had unknowingly overwritten the standalone product serial number in my Adobe account, and the product appeared to be no longer registered.
- I could not find the email from Adobe with the serial no on. Which of course makes me a criminal.
- And so I was effectively told I had to repurchase.
- Fortunately, hidden away in a post on a forum I came across a note to the effect that the serial number is in a file on your computer ending in .lrreg.
So I managed to reregister after all, though the product still does not show up in my Adobe account