Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
Thread started 09 May 2015 (Saturday) 08:20
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

My what big eyes you have

joedlh
Cream of the Crop
5,275 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Dec 2007
Location: Long Island, NY, N. America, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Cluster, Laniakea.

May 09, 2015 08:20 |  #1

Something seems a little off in this shot. Maybe my eyes are going bad. Shot with an f/2.8 70-200 IS and 1.4 extender at f/8 and 1/200. A little bit of a crop. Handheld while creeping along the ground to get closer before I spooked the critter. One thing that I find with the 7Dii is that if I pixel peep, minor movement blur is more apparent than in my 40D.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Joe
Gear: Kodak Instamatic, Polaroid Swinger. Oh you meant gear now. :rolleyes:
http://photo.joedlh.ne​t (external link)
Editing ok

Bianchi
Cream of the Crop
5,720 posts
Gallery: 54 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Jan 2010

May 09, 2015 23:27 |  #2

I would clean up the entire water area. Then a different crop.

My Gear flickr (external link)

-Douglas-
Beware of DOUG
2,773 posts
Gallery: 165 photos
Joined Jun 2008

May 10, 2015 08:44 |  #3

Looks pretty good to me. Maybe the slight motion blur was caused by a combination
of IS plus extender plus creeping along the ground. Did you have support from your
elbows when you took the shot? Which I think would be like shooting with your camera
on a tripod with IS on.

>myGEAR<
Edit My Images- OK
"Brain Fart" = an essential bodily function.

beavens
133 posts
Joined May 2015

May 11, 2015 14:40 |  #4

Bianchi wrote in post #17550134 (external link)
I would clean up the entire water area. Then a different crop.

I'm with Bianchi here - cloning out the distractions in the water (and perhaps a boost in contrast) would definitely make this stand out more.

It's got potential!

Sharpness is looking good to me.

Jeff

sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

1,189 views & 0 likes for this thread
My what big eyes you have
FORUMS Photography Talk by Genre Critique Corner 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.