Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
Thread started 11 May 2015 (Monday) 20:49
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

LR6 - Any way to post directly to flickr?

starlights
661 posts
Gallery: 16 photos
Joined Apr 2011

May 11, 2015 20:49 |  #1

I haven't really used my flickr account in years, but now i was thinking i may post images to it occasionally - is there a way to post directly from LR6?

sponsored links
TerryMiller
323 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Sep 2013

May 11, 2015 20:57 |  #2

Yes. There's a flickr add in for lightroom that works on 6. Just drag a photo from grid view into the flickr published collection, click on the collection and press the publish button. There's no need to create a separate .jpg.

http://regex.info/blog​/lightroom-goodies/flickr (external link)

my gear: T4i - EF-s 17-55, Ef-s 55-250 is stm, EF-S 10-22 usm, ef 100mm 2.8 macro

starlights
THREAD ­ STARTER
661 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 11, 2015 23:29 |  #3

TerryMiller wrote in post #17552693 (external link)
Yes. There's a flickr add in for lightroom that works on 6. Just drag a photo from grid view into the flickr published collection, click on the collection and press the publish button. There's no need to create a separate .jpg.

http://regex.info/blog​/lightroom-goodies/flickr (external link)

Thanks. Nothing offered by LR itself? I am a bit wary of installing 3rd party paid s/w, specially where I would have to register via paypal..... Is this the only option?

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
8,001 posts
Gallery: 542 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Dec 2010

May 12, 2015 06:53 |  #4

starlights wrote in post #17552862 (external link)
Thanks. Nothing offered by LR itself? I am a bit wary of installing 3rd party paid s/w, specially where I would have to register via paypal..... Is this the only option?

LR4 had publish to Flickr as a built in function, I haven't been using LR6 long enough to set that up yet though. I have though just checked, and LR6CC has brought all of my Publish Services over from LR4, so it looks like they are still there. In the Library View they are the bottom group of the left hand tool set. IIRC all you have to do is click on the + sign next to Publish Services and a dialogue box pops up, where you can choose between several different services, FB and Flickr included. If you add a Publish Collection or Smart Collection to the service, on Flickr it automatically sets it up as a Flickr collection once it is uploaded. As with the add on, it does this without the need to a local JPEG file being created.

Alan

My Flickr (external link)
My new Aviation images blog site (external link)

RMyers
361 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Dec 2009

May 12, 2015 09:25 as a reply to  @ starlights's post |  #5

I've been using Jeffery's stuff for years. They work well and the paypal process is simple. I use his Smugmug plugin probably once a week and just paid for the latest since I upgraded Lightroom to the CC version.

Rusty
Austin, TX

NinetyEight
"Banned for life"
3,194 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Sep 2008

May 12, 2015 10:56 |  #6

My install of LR6 (CC) already has the Flickr link in the 'Publish Services' menu.

Kev

BamPhoto
Goldmember
3,098 posts
Joined Sep 2005

May 12, 2015 12:18 |  #7

Been there since version 4.

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Randy
My Gear List and Feedback
Website (external link)

starlights
THREAD ­ STARTER
661 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 12, 2015 15:40 |  #8

BamPhoto wrote in post #17553568 (external link)
Been there since version 4.
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by BamPhoto in
./showthread.php?p=175​53568&i=i57936628
forum: RAW, Post Processing & Printing

Perfect! Thank you!!
Even though I have been using LR since version 2, I never used the publish service and had no idea about how to utilize it since i never needed it - i will play around with it a little tonight.

Can someone suggest a work flow to automate the process? Can i create a collection / smart collection? Any help is highly appreciated!

Moonshiner
677 posts
Joined Jul 2013

May 12, 2015 15:55 |  #9

Be careful when deleting collections out of Lightroom, it deletes the collection from flickr as well... The pictures don't delete... Also, if you want to have the picture in multiple albums, you need multiple collections... Which in turn uploads multiple photos... At least it did in my testing...

Jeffery's stuff is far more intuitive it seems... I haven't given it a go though...

Just a heads up...

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
8,001 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 12, 2015 16:00 as a reply to  @ starlights's post |  #10

Yes under each publish service you are able to create Collections/Smart Collections in the normal way. As I said in my first post each collection/Smart Collection is automatically turned into a Flickr collection for you. The only thing I have not been able to do is find a way to have LR upload changes automatically. You have to go through each collection individually and tell LR to export for you. It dose though keep a record of changes etc, so that it will sort that out for you when you do the upload. Depending on how fast your system is, as well as you internet connections speed will determine how long each upload takes, as LR generates the files on the fly as it is uploading. You have all the usual export options, except for the final file location, as that is the Flickr server.

Alan

joeblack2022
Goldmember
3,005 posts
Joined Sep 2011

May 12, 2015 16:38 |  #11

BigAl007 wrote in post #17553859 (external link)
The only thing I have not been able to do is find a way to have LR upload changes automatically.

Maybe I'm not thinking of the same functionality but that would seem a bit scary to me, if I edited a photo and the change on Flickr was automatic.

From my experience when I edit a photo in a Flickr collection / set, it will be marked for re-publishing and you just need to hit the re-publish button to make those changes. During editing I will usually visit the photo at least a couple of times because I usually forget something silly like the title. :)

Joel

BigAl007
Cream of the Crop
8,001 posts
Joined Dec 2010

May 12, 2015 18:56 |  #12

Yes I guess in a program that does not specifically require a save to update the image auto upload would be daft. it would be nice if you didn't have to hit the upload button in each individual collection though. My computer is quite slow, and gets really bogged down if I start more than one upload stream. If I were to go through my eight or nine collections and hit upload one after the other LR would try to process them all in parallel, and then fall over dead, or at best simply time out. I'd be happy to just start them all going in series though, as I could leave it to get on with it while I did other things, like sleep. You can't really do anything else on the computer while it uploads, the strain is too great.

Alan

sponsored links

2,278 views & 0 likes for this thread
LR6 - Any way to post directly to flickr?
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos RAW, Post Processing & Printing 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.