Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 09 Jun 2014 (Monday) 10:04
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Baseball Multiple Exposure Shots

Noitca
517 posts
Gallery: 64 photos
Joined Feb 2011

May 21, 2015 09:41 |  #46

Craig, thanks for the comment! Your work is superb, so that means a lot!

ptcanon3ti, youtube is probably the best right now for explaining all the steps. Search "aligning multiple images" or something along those lines.

T1i with 18-55, 55-250, 50 1.8

sponsored links
CHillyDoggy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,274 posts
Gallery: 17 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Apr 2011

May 21, 2015 10:31 |  #47

ptcanon3ti: That's ok, you will figure it out if you maybe google layers in photoshop or photoshop layer masks.

You basically just open all the images... say 5 of them... and drag the others onto your first one in order. They will be smart objects at this point so you'd have to rasterize them before continuing but just right click on them individually and choose rasterize layer to do that. Then you'd go to image, canvas size and make it about 20% bigger on both ends. This will give it room to align the layers without cropping too much off. Then under edit, go to Auto Align Layers and it will adjust them using the background to line them up. :)

This way you have all 5 stacked on each other and you can add masks to to them to paint out the parts you don't want... i.e. so the layer beneath can show through. This part... you kinda just have to figure out as you work. Take a paint brush and start to paint the parts you want in or out on the B&W mask layer. :) Google that, it's hard to explain in one paragraph, lol. It'll take a little work but you'll figure it out and it will be valuable to you. :)

Craig Hill Photography (external link) / Craig Hill Photography on Facebook (external link)

CHillyDoggy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,274 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 21, 2015 10:32 as a reply to  @ Noitca's post |  #48

You are very welcome & Thank you! :)

Craig Hill Photography (external link) / Craig Hill Photography on Facebook (external link)

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
7,795 posts
Gallery: 339 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2012

May 21, 2015 10:43 |  #49

Noitca wrote in post #17565365 (external link)
Craig, thanks for the comment! Your work is superb, so that means a lot!

ptcanon3ti, youtube is probably the best right now for explaining all the steps. Search "aligning multiple images" or something along those lines.

CHillyDoggy wrote in post #17565410 (external link)
ptcanon3ti: That's ok, you will figure it out if you maybe google layers in photoshop or photoshop layer masks.

You basically just open all the images... say 5 of them... and drag the others onto your first one in order. They will be smart objects at this point so you'd have to rasterize them before continuing but just right click on them individually and choose rasterize layer to do that. Then you'd go to image, canvas size and make it about 20% bigger on both ends. This will give it room to align the layers without cropping too much off. Then under edit, go to Auto Align Layers and it will adjust them using the background to line them up. :)

This way you have all 5 stacked on each other and you can add masks to to them to paint out the parts you don't want... i.e. so the layer beneath can show through. This part... you kinda just have to figure out as you work. Take a paint brush and start to paint the parts you want in or out on the B&W mask layer. :) Google that, it's hard to explain in one paragraph, lol. It'll take a little work but you'll figure it out and it will be valuable to you. :)

Thanks fellas! :D

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

CHillyDoggy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,274 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 25, 2015 23:38 |  #50

Almost went blind making this one tonight after today's Memorial Day game. 7 layers...

IMAGE: https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8829/17920707540_4d481b07f5_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/tiAj​1d  (external link) Untitled (external link) by Craig Hill (external link), on Flickr

mpix345
Goldmember
2,841 posts
Joined Dec 2006

May 26, 2015 03:11 as a reply to  @ CHillyDoggy's post |  #51

Great stuff Craig, thanks for sharing. With all the talk around biomechanics and injuries to pitchers I would think there would be a market for this sort of shot as a training aid. I suppose slow-mo video is the standard, but looking at one still shot that breaks down the entire motion would be cool, and efficient, I think.

ptcanon3ti
Cream of the Crop
7,795 posts
Gallery: 339 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Sep 2012

May 26, 2015 06:26 |  #52

CHillyDoggy wrote in post #17571373 (external link)
Almost went blind making this one tonight after today's Memorial Day game. 7 layers...

QUOTED IMAGE
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/tiAj​1d  (external link) Untitled (external link) by Craig Hill (external link), on Flickr

Awesome!

Paul
https://www.flickr.com​/photos/petshots/ (external link)
Body - Nikon D750
Lenses - Nikon 20 f1.8 / Nikon 16-35 f4 / Sigma 105 OS Macro / Sigma 24-105 f4 Art / Tamron 70-200 2.8 Di VC / Sigma 150-600 "S"

CHillyDoggy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,274 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 26, 2015 08:47 as a reply to  @ mpix345's post |  #53

That'd be ok with me! :) Thanks!

CHillyDoggy
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
1,274 posts
Joined Apr 2011

May 26, 2015 08:48 as a reply to  @ ptcanon3ti's post |  #54

Thanks Bud!

showtm490
866 posts
Gallery: 123 photos
Joined May 2007

Jun 04, 2015 12:14 |  #55

I'll need to try this as my nephew pitches.

JohnBphotography.net (external link)
Flickr (external link)
Canon 5D & 5D3 with Grip - Sigma 35 Art - Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS II - Canon 430EX - Flashpoint XPLOR - AB 47' Octa - Yongnuo (2) YN622C & TX

maddog83
61 posts
Joined May 2009

Jun 09, 2015 19:26 |  #56

Very cool. I like it when the last shot is normal and the others are more transparent.

Dan ­ Browning
31 posts
Joined Dec 2008

Jun 09, 2015 22:21 |  #57

Nice effect. Like many others....I'm going to have to try this now.

PCP
33 posts
Joined Apr 2007

Mar 05, 2016 16:32 |  #58

Very nice work

FoxShots
31 posts
Joined Nov 2008

Mar 09, 2016 18:44 |  #59

I am going to have to try this with some LL Baseball shots I have.

Nice Set, and thanks for the Idea!

sponsored links

19,155 views & 5 likes for this thread
Baseball Multiple Exposure Shots
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.