Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
Thread started 16 Jun 2015 (Tuesday) 14:32
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

First Time Shooting Baseball (High School)

agrandexpression
446 posts
Joined Apr 2015

Jun 18, 2015 20:05 |  #16

Impressive photos. Even moreso for your first time shooting baseball.

Keep'm coming....

Those uniforms are horrific though.

sponsored links
Noitca
538 posts
Gallery: 66 photos
Joined Feb 2011

Jun 18, 2015 22:28 as a reply to  @ post 17602021 |  #17

Honestly, I like the motion blur number 2. I think it shows the dynamics of the bat, especially with the ball and barrel slightly blurred and the end cap and hands with very little to no motion blur.

T1i with 18-55, 55-250, 50 1.8

prncfarquad
193 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 19, 2015 01:03 |  #18

Bobbyz and Aressem I will have to disagree with you and agree with Matt. Give your cameras to your wife, kid, friend or any person with no knowledge of photography and see if there results are the same as yours. They won't be because you have studied your craft. Yes gear helps 100% but if you don't know where to look AND what to look for when shooting you might as well be holding a polaroid :-):-)

bobbyz
Cream of the Crop
19,355 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 19, 2015 15:59 as a reply to  @ post 17602548 |  #19

I hope you saw the smily at the end of my post. Catching baseball in mid air is hard even with 1dx. So it photographer, but I don't believe that is your first time shooting it though.

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

Matt_Ferris
THREAD ­ STARTER
301 posts
Gallery: 131 photos
Best ofs: 3
Joined Apr 2014

Jun 19, 2015 16:42 |  #20

agrandexpression wrote in post #17602570 (external link)
Impressive photos. Even moreso for your first time shooting baseball.

Keep'm coming....

Those uniforms are horrific though.

Thanks. Yeah I dig the colors but the pattern is rough. Lol

Noitca wrote in post #17602690 (external link)
Honestly, I like the motion blur number 2. I think it shows the dynamics of the bat, especially with the ball and barrel slightly blurred and the end cap and hands with very little to no motion blur.

Appreciate the feed back. Though I really want to get the completely frozen bat on ball. Looks dope when you see the ball warping around the bat. One day maybe. :-)

prncfarquad wrote in post #17602785 (external link)
Bobbyz and Aressem I will have to disagree with you and agree with Matt. Give your cameras to your wife, kid, friend or any person with no knowledge of photography and see if there results are the same as yours. They won't be because you have studied your craft. Yes gear helps 100% but if you don't know where to look AND what to look for when shooting you might as well be holding a polaroid :-):-)

I was thinking that they were being sarcastic, but sarcasm too often gets lost in the world of the internet. :-)

bobbyz wrote in post #17603637 (external link)
I hope you saw the smily at the end of my post. Catching baseball in mid air is hard even with 1dx. So it photographer, but I don't believe that is your first time shooting it though.

I sure did. That's why I said thank you. ;)
Even if you were joking, I still think you have a very valid point (which I agree with) about gear being the difference when it comes to certain fields of photography. Sports is one of them where you need great high ISO performance and fast glass for wicked fast shutter speeds.

Believe it or not, that was the first and only time I've been at a baseball field with a camera. I had way more misses then I did with ball in frame. I kept finding myself not anticipating well enough and caught the shot after the ball was already in the catchers mitt. Easy enough to adjust for if you know what you're doing wrong though. And even at that, I still missed tons of shots. :)

Regular updates on my Instagram accounts.
Toy Photography..........w​ww.Instagram.com/matt.​burn
Sports photography.....www.in​stagram.com/mattburn_p​hotography

prncfarquad
193 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Apr 2009

Jun 19, 2015 23:16 |  #21

bobbyz wrote in post #17603637 (external link)

Dang BobbyZ I hate when I misinterpret a post on a forum! I guess I am just a little over sensitive because I get the " Dang those pictures are awesome! must be nice to have equipment like that" comment about 10 times a year :-D:-D

bobbyz
Cream of the Crop
19,355 posts
Joined Nov 2007

Jun 20, 2015 11:26 as a reply to  @ prncfarquad's post |  #22

Don't worry.

5dmk3, 35L, 85L II, 300mm f2.8 IS I, 400mm f5.6
Fuji XT-1, 14mm f2.8, 23mm f1.4, 35mm f1.4, 56mm f1.2, 90mm f2, 50-140mm f2.8

Mailmanc03
45 posts
Joined Jun 2014

Jun 29, 2015 04:43 |  #23

Nice shots and what a great camera and lens pair

sponsored links

4,875 views & 0 likes for this thread
First Time Shooting Baseball (High School)
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Sports 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.