Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 14 Jun 2015 (Sunday) 20:53
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Muslin/Painted Background

firme
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 14, 2015 20:53 |  #1

I have been searching for a nice background "scene". I currently have a white and black back drop but looking to get something different. Not looking for solid colors. One that can be used for nice events such as weddings/sweet 16 events or even family portraits.

I have searched online and not that I haven't found any, just not sure where to get or how descent they are as far as quality and price. Hopefully I can get some helpful input from you guys. Thanks in advance.

sponsored links
chris_holtmeier
Goldmember
2,169 posts
Gallery: 8 photos
Joined Sep 2011

Jun 18, 2015 14:08 |  #2

I recently found this backdrop maker. Looks like really good stuff. Kind of a more affordable Oliphant/Schmidli look.

http://www.gravityback​drops.com/ (external link)

https://www.facebook.c​om/FotonFoto (external link)

sipowicz
198 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2013

Jun 18, 2015 15:46 |  #3

You can check eBay for the el cheapo models. Not sure if you would get what you are looking for for $30 though. Check out the Savage muslins (external link). Cheaper than the Oliphants and the like and should be decent if you can find the right color.

abbadon31
Goldmember
4,918 posts
Gallery: 260 photos
Best ofs: 10
Joined Jul 2009

Jun 19, 2015 12:31 |  #4

I would check out http://www.backdropout​let.com (external link)

I AM SHOM

firme
THREAD ­ STARTER
293 posts
Joined Mar 2012

Jun 19, 2015 20:54 |  #5

Thanks for the input guys. Not really to look for something too cheap or too expensive. I understand that everyone has their own preference but this is a great start. Thanks.

HungV
201 posts
Joined Sep 2010

Jun 23, 2015 21:54 |  #6

I'm using hand painted background from SilverLake.

http://www.silverlakep​hoto.com/abstract-muslin-backgrounds/ (external link)

Gear List

ForeverVinylDJs
Mostly Lurking
17 posts
Joined Jun 2015

Jun 24, 2015 05:59 |  #7

I ordered from B&H Photo and got the sea gray mist. It is one piece, but about half way down is a stitch looking thread that may be from the weave. All in all it looks pretty good. I am color washing it with par cans. It accepts a little color from the lights but remains pretty neutral. I wish I had two to let the fabric wave like a curtain instead of being just flat.

http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …Muslin_Backgrou​nd_10.html (external link)

DJ Clint White
www.forevervinyldjs.co​m
www.clintrichardwhite.​com
913-219-5164

sponsored links

2,120 views & 1 like for this thread
Muslin/Painted Background
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.