Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
Thread started 15 Jun 2015 (Monday) 12:03
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

2nd batch of yongnuo 600ex yet?

kaitanium
Goldmember
3,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005
Post edited over 4 years ago by kaitanium.

Jun 15, 2015 12:03 |  #1

Does anyone know if eachshot (http://www.amazon.com …TF8&qid=1434385​595&sr=1-1 (external link)) on amazon is selling the 2nd batch of yn600ex's yet? I noticed BH and adorama is still out of stock so im skeptical any 600ex right now is the revised batch.

sponsored links
agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006
Post edited over 4 years ago by agv8or.

Jun 16, 2015 13:17 |  #2

kaitanium wrote in post #17597817 (external link)
Does anyone know if eachshot (http://www.amazon.com …TF8&qid=1434385​595&sr=1-1 (external link)) on amazon is selling the 2nd batch of yn600ex's yet? I noticed BH and adorama is still out of stock so im skeptical any 600ex right now is the revised batch.

I have not read any where that Yongnuo is revising this flash. Could you point me to where this information is. I know that there have been some issues but I guess I have been lucky with the two that I bought a few months back and so far have not had any problems. I plan to sell some of my Canon 600EX-RTs and buy back some more Yongnuos so it would be nice to know if they are indeed revising this flash as I am currently in no hurry to add any more in the short term and could wait for a newer version.

Rand

Gear

kaitanium
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 16, 2015 16:22 |  #3

mixed reviews in terms of 2nd batch or not just reading on amazon. No official recalls or reports of course. I would ONLY order from amazon or some reputable dealer so returns are possible especially for an iffy item like this. Im in no rush either, will wait it out a tad more

kryptic4l
53 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 17, 2015 01:34 |  #4

i just got a set off ebay, if you can tell me how to check i can report back next week when they show up

kaitanium
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 17, 2015 15:13 |  #5

thats part of the problem, dont know what a 2nd batch is. If it exists. Maybe they are all just a hit or miss. Would love to hear your thoughts on your copies when you get it.

WillMass
656 posts
Joined Jan 2008

Jun 17, 2015 23:17 |  #6

kaitanium wrote in post #17600978 (external link)
thats part of the problem, dont know what a 2nd batch is. If it exists. Maybe they are all just a hit or miss. Would love to hear your thoughts on your copies when you get it.

What?

You can only fish for so long before you gotta throw a stick of dynamite in the water. :cool:
https://www.facebook.c​om/LiquidPixelsPhoto/ (external link)

kaitanium
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 18, 2015 10:58 |  #7

WillMass wrote in post #17601405 (external link)
What?

what what?

woohoo, back in stock at BH.
http://www.bhphotovide​o.com …yn600ex_rt_for_​canon.html (external link)

kaitanium
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 24, 2015 11:08 |  #8

got in my YN600s. My 2x batch looks good. Ran them through a tiny stress test of consecutive 1:1 flash firing and leaving them on for hours. Seems to have just a tad greater range than the canon 600ex and definitely faster 1:1 recycle. Love these. No overheating or any noticeable issues.

agv8or
Goldmember
2,150 posts
Gallery: 10 photos
Joined Oct 2006

Jun 24, 2015 13:22 |  #9

You're still going to have to point me to where these units are any different than the units that have been previously sold or are currently being sold on Ebay and Amazon. Maybe the Yongnuo engineer that is a member here could way in if they are even still following this forum. I would hope that Yongnuo is making improvements to this product but I have never seen anything in print that would state this case. I still believe that the issues stem from cheap design, cheap parts and poor quality control making getting a good copy just the luck of the draw. I also seriously doubt that we are just now seeing a 2nd batch but more than likely numerous batches have already been made by now.

Rand

Gear

Antihero47
75 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Mar 2006

Jun 24, 2015 14:49 |  #10

The 600 that I got a few weeks back from Amazon has been great. Looking to purchase a few more. Not sure of any batch issues, I had heard the early ones a year or so ago had some hit or miss problems.

kaitanium
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jun 28, 2015 00:02 |  #11

Antihero47 wrote in post #17609343 (external link)
The 600 that I got a few weeks back from Amazon has been great. Looking to purchase a few more. Not sure of any batch issues, I had heard the early ones a year or so ago had some hit or miss problems.

could be those early units. They are probably good now

kryptic4l
53 posts
Joined Oct 2009

Jun 29, 2015 03:55 |  #12

mine showed up. everything seems to be working ok so far, just learning to use a flash, I cannot comment on all the small details.
So far the only issue I have run into was one of my flashes stayed on, after I turned it off.

Found the version info in mine, and mine came with 1.8.3 dated 2015-06-01 - to find it hold the first button top left circle Zm/C.Fn then select the version info box

Mr. ­ Bill
927 posts
Gallery: 2 photos
Joined Feb 2008

Jul 04, 2015 00:05 as a reply to  @ Antihero47's post |  #13

Which seller on Amazon did you get yours from? I know that Amazon only fulfills the orders, but not sure which seller I should go with.

Link to my Pictures (external link)

kaitanium
THREAD ­ STARTER
Goldmember
3,964 posts
Joined Sep 2005

Jul 06, 2015 22:50 |  #14

just buy from BH (?)

sponsored links

3,725 views & 0 likes for this thread
2nd batch of yongnuo 600ex yet?
FORUMS General Gear Talk Flash and Studio Lighting 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.