I use this bag a lot, and it's a love-hate relationship.
- Very quick access to camera and lenses
- Rugged construction
- I like the understated way it looks
- Strap with the "post office sholder pad" stays put on your shoulder reasonably well
- The metal snap hook closure is stupid IMO. I need to be careful putting my bag on my hardwood floors because the thing will scratch them
- I don't like the side pockets with the small amount of velcro to hold the covers down. Stuff easily falls out if the bag tips over. I'd prefer zippers on the side covers
- The zippered section in the main flap is clumsy to use. The zipper is in the wrong place and should be along the far end of the flap so the compartment is useful WHEN YOU HAVE THE BAG ON YOUR SHOULDER!
- I believe it's been fixed for the latest version of the bag, but for mine the divider in the two compartment insert isn't adjustable
- The bag is just a touch short for being able to fit my 70-200 f/2.8VR
- The "post office shoulder pad" disintegrates and leaves rubber dust all over your clothes making it look like you have a horrible case of dandruff
- You need the post office shoulder pad if you carry heavy equipment, but because the pad is angled the strap isn't set up nicely when you want to change shoulders.
- It's not machine washable. See the warning on the Domke site: http://www.tiffen.com …emnum=700-40A#prettyPhoto
So, I like the bag ... and I hate the bag If I was starting over and knew what I know now I probably wouldn't be picking this one again. The only thing I do know is that it's at least much easier to use and much more comfortable than my Lowepro Slingshot 200AW (which was the biggest waste of money of all my camera gear ... horrible bag).