Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
Thread started 30 Jun 2015 (Tuesday) 12:44
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Lowepro Transit 350AW

ianc1990
44 posts
Gallery: 4 photos
Joined Sep 2014

Jun 30, 2015 12:44 |  #1

Hi guys,

I've just order a canon 70-200 f2.8 ii and so I need to replace my current bag (manfrotto advanced shoulder bag vii)

I ordered the Lowepro Transit 350AW as its going to take 15 days to arrive, but until I receive it, does anyone know how much I can fit in this bag?

I have a 70D, a tokina 11-16 DXii, the Canon 18-135 IS STM, a Tamron 70-300 DI VC USD and I'll also have the Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS USM in a few days (so excited - my first L glass)

I hope this bag will see me though for a while (I've had the manfrotto for 3 months, such a waste of £70!) - I hope to add a 35mm prime, a canon 2x extender and a flash to my kit in the next 3-6 months.

Do you think I'll fit into the transit 350AW OK with this additional kit?

Thanks
Ian

sponsored links
ianc1990
THREAD ­ STARTER
44 posts
Joined Sep 2014

Jul 05, 2015 10:57 |  #2

I guess this isn't a very popular bag :)

FerozeK
250 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 05, 2015 13:42 |  #3

ianc1990 wrote in post #17621351 (external link)
I guess this isn't a very popular bag :)

Maybe not. Most of the guys I know have at least 2 bodies, 3 lenses, 2 flashes and accessories. So a bag this size will be a bit small. I have a Fastpack 350 and Protactic 350 so no direct experience with this model, however it looks about the size of the Fastpack 250 so you should be able to fit all your current gear in.

ianc1990
THREAD ­ STARTER
44 posts
Joined Sep 2014

Jul 05, 2015 13:45 |  #4

I'm no professional and I'm only into photography 'for fun' hence the limited kit.

Thanks for the info - hopefully I've made the right choice!

FerozeK
250 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 05, 2015 13:50 as a reply to  @ ianc1990's post |  #5

You should be just fine, however as you ordered a new bag just because you got a new lens you have GAS, so I doubt your kit will be limited much longer. Once you see the results of that L lens you going to want to upgrade all your lenses to L's :)

ianc1990
THREAD ­ STARTER
44 posts
Joined Sep 2014
Post edited over 4 years ago by ianc1990. (2 edits in all)

Jul 05, 2015 14:19 |  #6

Hehehe yes I think I've had GAS for some time!

Ordered the tokina in October, the 70d with the 18-135 in December, the tamron 70-300 in January and now this :)

I'm already thinking about selling the 18-135 and replacing with the 24-70 f2.8L ii and that's before seeing the results of the 70-200 :)

As someone who doesn't make money from photography, its difficult to justify it all - but the sharpness....the sharpness...

FerozeK
250 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 05, 2015 14:54 as a reply to  @ ianc1990's post |  #7

I see another gearbag upgrade your not too distant future......:-D

For the path you heading down I'd swop out that bag out for this

http://store.lowepro.c​om …rBP_350AWII_stu​ffed-1.jpg (external link)

Its way more than the bag you ordered but you can see how well the 70-200 fits in with space for all your other gear.

I never carry a body with the lens attached but thats up to you....

ianc1990
THREAD ­ STARTER
44 posts
Joined Sep 2014

Jul 05, 2015 16:31 |  #8

Hehehe probably so!

The Prorunner 350AW II you linked looks very good but as you say, costs much more - once I outgrow the Transit 350AW I may keep it as a lighter-carry bag for walks/hikes where I take less kit out and upgrade to the pro runner.

Hopefully the Transit will see me though up until I add a prime and a flash to my inventory at least!

FerozeK
250 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 05, 2015 17:23 as a reply to  @ ianc1990's post |  #9

Yeah, it wont go to waste

I use my lowepro reporter as a range bag, the headphones fit just right and the ammo boxes dont rattle around plus strap is far more comfortable than proper range bags

Im so glad I lost intrest in RC cars awhile back or Id have a bag for that too ;-)a

Rstanford
200 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 23, 2015 16:15 |  #10

I hate to thread jack, but fero could you post your thoughts on the protactic, does it spin around and have access like the lowepro flip side, thnx.

FerozeK
250 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 23, 2015 17:51 |  #11

Rstanford wrote in post #17642014 (external link)
I hate to thread jack, but fero could you post your thoughts on the protactic, does it spin around and have access like the lowepro flip side, thnx.

Yeah, it opens like the flipside ie the bag opens from the back and the fastpack ie you can access your gear from the top (which is a hard shell cover), both the sides have zippered flaps like the fastpack. U can sling the bag forward and access your gear but I hardly ever do that, but its nice to have the option. The bag is made very differently from the other lowepro's I have, the outer casing is stiffer and thinner, but seems more protactive. The dividers are less than half as thick as the normal ones, but stiffer. The whole inner of the bag is lined with a soft flannel fabric so you not limited to where you can place you dividers. The bag gets its name from the molle like webbing straps around it, I'll measure the gaps tomorrow but I think its pretty close to PALS. But it does allow you plenty of options of non camera pouches to attach to the outside. Overall my current gear fits perfectly in there, but I have only F4 lenses, if you using F2.8 L lenses you should consider the 450 version. It will take a 13" slim laptop. It has a built in AW cover in the base. The straps are thinly padded, but feel as comfortable as my other bags. The waist strap is removable which makes it easier to fit it into a over head compartment, I no longer shove it under the seat after cracking a laptop in my fastpack 350. I'll post a pic if you want.

Rstanford
200 posts
Joined Feb 2009

Jul 23, 2015 23:53 |  #12

Thnx

wookiee2cu
614 posts
Joined Mar 2007

Jul 30, 2015 16:06 as a reply to  @ FerozeK's post |  #13

Will side access allow a 5D body with a battery grip? Thanks!

FerozeK
250 posts
Joined Apr 2012

Jul 30, 2015 17:49 |  #14

wookiee2cu wrote in post #17650413 (external link)
Will side access allow a 5D body with a battery grip? Thanks!

Are you asking about the Protactic? In the 350 no, it might in the 450 but I dont have one.

sponsored links

2,418 views & 0 likes for this thread
Lowepro Transit 350AW
FORUMS General Gear Talk Camera Bags, Backpacks & Cases 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.