Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 25 Oct 2010 (Monday) 04:57
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The OLDER Photographers' thread...

teekay
Goldmember
3,037 posts
Joined Apr 2001

Jul 05, 2015 17:59 |  #9376

Chief_10Beers wrote in post #17621373 (external link)
If you're over 40 and you have a problem Driving at Night with the Headlights blinding the living crap out of you, get your peepers checked for Cataracts.....As for the Cataract Surgery, from the time I was wheeled into the OR and out the Door was 15min, it was that fast. You are awake the whole time but the Fun Juice they inject you with makes you "don't give a crap"..............

I'll second that! If headlights dazzle or your optometrist even hints at cataracts, don't hesitate - get those old, clouded "meat" lenses taken out and replaced with plastic. I had both mine done in May a week apart and was immedediately ASTOUNDED by the improvement.:-D Eyesight now 20:20 like the fighter pilot I once was, and even colours are improved. The only downsides are that everyone looks more wrinkled (particularly in the mirror) and I can see more noise in my photos.;-)a

BTW, you don't need a sedative ("fun juice") unless you are very nervous and need it - I didn't, at least with my surgeon.

sponsored links
Chief_10Beers
Didn't get his vaccinations . . .
487 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Oct 2011

Jul 05, 2015 21:07 |  #9377

teekay wrote in post #17621768 (external link)
I'll second that! If headlights dazzle or your optometrist even hints at cataracts, don't hesitate - get those old, clouded "meat" lenses taken out and replaced with plastic. I had both mine done in May a week apart and was immedediately ASTOUNDED by the improvement.:-D Eyesight now 20:20 like the fighter pilot I once was, and even colours are improved. The only downsides are that everyone looks more wrinkled (particularly in the mirror) and I can see more noise in my photos.;-)a

BTW, you don't need a sedative ("fun juice") unless you are very nervous and need it - I didn't, at least with my surgeon.

If anything I think it makes it easier for the Doc, don't want to take that chance with flinching.............​..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I am John Galt
TVC15
Gear List

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,755 posts
Gallery: 102 photos
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 05, 2015 21:32 |  #9378

Lbsimon wrote in post #17621534 (external link)
I put on my first pair of eyeglasses on May 5, 1957, and never took them off! It never bothered me.

I hear that from most. I don't know what it is about them, but I've never had a pair i liked, and I've never liked a pair I had. I do get the headlight thing though, so maybe it is time for a visit to the doc.
I would love life without glasses.

feedback

gear list

Roy ­ Mathers
I am Spartacus!
41,119 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Dec 2006

Jul 19, 2015 07:56 |  #9379

Does anyone know what has happened to Roger (20Droger). There's been no trace of him for seven months.

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,755 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2015 08:59 as a reply to  @ post 17636417 |  #9380

How is Roger doing, and how did you find him?

feedback

gear list

OhLook
insufferably pedantic. I can live with that.
20,815 posts
Gallery: 77 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined Dec 2012

Jul 19, 2015 09:34 |  #9381

jay125 wrote in post #17636431 (external link)
How is Roger doing, and how did you find him?

He posted that he's doing well. Go down to the "Who the heck . . ." thread for the story.

PRONOUN ADVISORY: OhLook is a she. | A FEW CORRECT SPELLINGS: lens, aperture, amateur, hobbyist, per se, raccoon, whoa, more so (2 wds.), shoo-in | Comments welcome

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,755 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Jul 19, 2015 10:11 as a reply to  @ OhLook's post |  #9382

Thanks.

feedback

gear list

KeithS
278 posts
Gallery: 15 photos
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 05, 2015 15:48 |  #9383

The Lounge index page indicates that I have posted to this thread. I forgot what I posted. Is there a way to find my post? And, I wonder why this CF card won't work in my 5DIII :p

IMAGE: https://keithswalley.smugmug.com/For-Posting-1/For-Message-Boards/i-5kcT38S/0/X3/IMG_1703-X3.jpg

jay125
I don't remember 19
10,755 posts
Joined Dec 2010

Aug 05, 2015 16:48 |  #9384

KeithS wrote in post #17621698 (external link)
At 65, I had to renew my driver's license, and for the first time since my twenties I did not need glasses to pass. A few months later, lymphoma hit and about one-third of the way through the chemo, my vision went nuts-each eye individually was fine. Together, it was double vision (try driving with one eye closed, left to right). About two-thirds of the way through chemo, my vision was back to normal????

I have the faintest traces of cataracts, so maybe in a few years I can experience the joy-juice too.

This be your post Keith...

feedback

gear list

drifter106
549 posts
Gallery: 9 photos
Joined Feb 2006

Aug 05, 2015 20:58 |  #9385

Wow...glad I ran across this thread. Joined a few years ago but up till this spring didn't really visit much. Now that things have changed (long story) I find myself here just about every day. I was bit by the photography bug (Canon AE-1) a long time ago...recently I find myself spending a lot of time with photography and my new camera. Definitely meet the criteria for membership...lol

Gear
Remember, what is common knowledge to some is a revelation to others.

KeithS
278 posts
Joined Jul 2009
Post edited over 5 years ago by KeithS.

Aug 05, 2015 22:50 as a reply to  @ drifter106's post |  #9386

Thanks, Jay. I couldn't figure how to find it.

ETA Gawd, just a few posts back.

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,386 posts
Gallery: 485 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013
Post edited over 5 years ago by Reservoir Dog.

Aug 05, 2015 23:16 |  #9387

KeithS wrote in post #17657784 (external link)
The Lounge index page indicates that I have posted to this thread. I forgot what I posted. Is there a way to find my post? And, I wonder why this CF card won't work in my 5DIII :p

QUOTED IMAGE

Yep !

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

Scroll down to find your name

HOSTED PHOTO

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,386 posts
Gallery: 485 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Aug 05, 2015 23:17 |  #9388

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

bubbygator
I can't tell the difference
1,477 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Feb 2011
Location: Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

Aug 06, 2015 07:02 |  #9389

That was very informative - thank you.

Gear List
The avatar is my middle grandson. (the TF can't tell the difference, but the fish is frowning and the kid is grinning)
Sarasota, sunlight, butterflies, fish, Gators, and Seminoles

KeithS
278 posts
Joined Jul 2009

Aug 06, 2015 11:21 as a reply to  @ Reservoir Dog's post |  #9390

Very slick. Thanks.

sponsored links

1,010,629 views & 178 likes for this thread
The OLDER Photographers' thread...
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.