Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
Thread started 01 Mar 2013 (Friday) 16:38
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Koken - New website CMS aimed at photographers

cruleworld
330 posts
Joined Apr 2011

Mar 05, 2014 14:25 |  #16

Dimitris wrote in post #16393017 (external link)
Bumping on this. Does anyone use it instead of wordpress or squarespace?

Switched about 2 months ago and love it, I do agree though it is missing a contact form.

JOSH SORENSON|MY SITE (external link)

sponsored links
TooManyHobbies
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

May 28, 2014 05:05 |  #17

I just started using it myself last week for my front end. I have been using Gallery 3 for my back end client and Site grinder for my front but never finished the front end after 4 years of redoing it. Koken is so easy to maintain. There are only 2 features missing for me (contact form and a 18+ button that like modelmayhem). Hopefully they will add soon.

I have only added a little content so far but check it out...

www.jeffmmiller.com (external link)

most content is under FASHION SWIMSUIT as of now.

~ Jeff

Canon EOS-1DX & 1Ds MkIII, 20D(IR), G12, G9, G5, ... Gear List
JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

John
Goldmember
1,405 posts
Joined Oct 2006

May 28, 2014 14:52 |  #18

TooManyHobbies wrote in post #16935275 (external link)
I just started using it myself last week for my front end. I have been using Gallery 3 for my back end client and Site grinder for my front but never finished the front end after 4 years of redoing it. Koken is so easy to maintain. There are only 2 features missing for me (contact form and a 18+ button that like modelmayhem). Hopefully they will add soon.

I have only added a little content so far but check it out...

www.jeffmmiller.com (external link)

most content is under FASHION SWIMSUIT as of now.

Nice! I really like how clean it looks!

john | gear | web hosting deal for POTN members!

Qlayer2
OOOHHH! Pretty Moth!
941 posts
Gallery: 24 photos
Joined Dec 2013

Jun 16, 2014 09:31 |  #19

I've also given it a try and like it a lot- the lightroom plugin to upload to your albums is very nice. Website is in my signature.

88 posts
Joined Dec 2009

Nov 20, 2014 00:05 |  #20

I know I'm bumping an old thread. I am curious if this is worth checking out. I saw a friend of a friend talking about it on Facebook. Are those of you who tried this still happy with it?

Two-5D3, 7D, 70-200L 2.8 II & 4 II, 24-70L I & II, 16-35L II, 17-40L, 17-55, 50 1.4, 100 Macro , 15 fisheye, 1.4 extender, 430 and 580 speedlites

TooManyHobbies
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 10, 2015 10:09 |  #21

I now love Koken and was just starting to load thing things up the later half of this year and then this happens. ...
https://medium.com …elling-koken-e1193c019f2f (external link)

I hate uncertainty in a product

~ Jeff

JMM Photography ~ Discovering Art in Everyday Lifeexternal link | Model Mayhem #675060external link

John
Goldmember
1,405 posts
Joined Oct 2006

Jul 10, 2015 11:01 |  #22

I'm actually hoping they open source Koken so that someone with the time and interest can fork it.

john | gear | web hosting deal for POTN members!

btweller
213 posts
Joined Nov 2011

Jul 10, 2015 14:41 |  #23

Interesting product. I like the open source idea, but they're obviously trying to recoup some money from their massive investment in time. I wonder if they would be able to raise whatever funds they're looking for if they started a Kickstarter campaign with the goal of open sourcing the project. Maybe use the premium themes as rewards for higher level backers, etc. Seems like it would be a win-win for the community that way.

TooManyHobbies
Goldmember
2,734 posts
Joined Mar 2006

Jul 11, 2015 20:49 |  #24

After the bugs were worked out I would have paid a lot more for some of the addins that were free and the main product itself. I am just worried about sinking a lot of time into another product that may dead end. I have had that happen before and I am still recovering. I finally found something I really liked that also takes a minimal amount of time to admin.

~ Jeff

Jynh
Hatchling
2 posts
Joined Mar 2013

Jul 23, 2015 13:43 as a reply to  @ TooManyHobbies's post |  #25

I'd been using Koken for the last year or so to host my own snapshots / albums for friends and family. I even paid for some of the premium add ons such as the "righclick" protection and passwording galleries. Earlier this month, half my pictures wouldn't show up in albums. The support site said to try clearing cache, and that ended up breaking the front end API calls. Now my whole site is down, and I'm looking for a new alternative...

I'd stay away from Koken until a dedicated new owner is found.

Craig ­ H
45 posts
Gallery: 3 photos
Joined Jan 2009

Dec 06, 2015 20:32 |  #26

Koken has been purchased by Net Objects. They are a software company that developed Net Objects Fusion, a wysiwyg website builder. Hopefully this will help them move forward with a good product and add more features. I am going to stay with Zenfolio now, but they have caught my attention. I just might install this on a virtual web server and see what happens.

NetObjects agrees to acquire Koken (from Net Objects Blog) (external link)

NetObjects Acquires Koken (from Koken Blog) (external link)

7D Mark II | EOS R | EF 24-105 F/4 L | EF 70-200 F/2.8 L IS II | EF-50mm F/1.4 | 580 EX II | ∑ 18-35 F/1.8 A | ∑ 14-24 F/2.8 A | ∑ 150-600 F/5-6.3 S | ∑ TC-1401 | | My Website (external link)

sponsored links

10,134 views & 0 likes for this thread
Koken - New website CMS aimed at photographers
FORUMS Post Processing, Marketing & Presenting Photos Presentation & Building Galleries 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.