Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
Thread started 03 Oct 2012 (Wednesday) 09:43
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

The Lady Photographer Thread

Maureen ­ Souza
Ms. MODERATOR     Something Spectacular!
33,085 posts
Gallery: 6 photos
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 16, 2015 21:48 |  #5176

Sad to see this thread fizzle out........

Life is hard...but I just take it one photograph at a time.

5DMK4
7DMK2
Canon Lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.0, 100-400mm II, 24-70/2.8 II

sponsored links
GibJock
Kill killer
9,644 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Jul 16, 2015 22:08 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #5177

Hi Maureen, I agree with you, but can't post for two reasons, one is gender, the other is I am currently in Furnace Creek, Death Valley ( with an awful internet conx). Tomorrow - Yosemite for 4 days :-D

Come on ladies, there's been some great posts in this thread, keep it alive!

flickr (external link)

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,281 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 16, 2015 22:23 |  #5178

Fizzle out? I just haven't had anything to share lately.

Taking Toothless to the vet tomorrow morning. Been lazy about getting her shots and stuff. She loves going outside, so it's high time to get everything done.

Melody

Maureen ­ Souza
33,085 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 16, 2015 22:25 as a reply to  @ Jill-of-all-Trades's post |  #5179

Melody, considering we have had about a dozen Ladies posting here, it sure has quieted down of late.

5DMK4
7DMK2

Maureen ­ Souza
33,085 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 16, 2015 22:28 as a reply to  @ GibJock's post |  #5180

Well have a blast, I love Death valley & Yosemite. You have my permission to post here, Ian cuz no one else seems to be doing much.

Ella in her swimsuit finery. :-)

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

5DMK4
7DMK2

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 17, 2015 14:39 |  #5181

Ian Mackie wrote in post #17634099 (external link)
Hi Maureen, I agree with you, but can't post for two reasons, one is gender, the other is I am currently in Furnace Creek, Death Valley ( with an awful internet conx). Tomorrow - Yosemite for 4 days :-D

Come on ladies, there's been some great posts in this thread, keep it alive!

Sorry, my bad! Been busy with Dr. appts. Had a little trouble after my recent test and ended up in emergency. Even they couldn't figure out the problem. But, I seem to be okay now. I did tell my Dr. "no more tests" at least for the foreseeable future and he agreed.

Ian, I actually went to Yosemite at the end of May, was there a week. But, haven't posted any pics, yet. Haven't found any I like! Never been to Death Valley, thats on the list.

Maureen, I was actually thinking of you when in Yosemite, as I was doing a certain hike I shouldn't have been doing (didn't know at the time the hike was about a mile, all up hill) and I was picturing you yelling at me! I made it, but not without the help of a stranger, who saw me sitting, realizing how close I was, and pulled me up hooked her arm thru mine, and said we will do this together! :lol: I didn't do any more hikes after that (well, except for Lower Yosemite Falls, that was an easy one.)

Great Images as always Maureen! Ella changes more and more every time I see her!:-)

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

Jill-of-all-Trades
far from having everything figured out!
16,281 posts
Gallery: 114 photos
Joined Jun 2006

Jul 17, 2015 17:49 |  #5182

Well today's plans got changed a bit. Woke up to pouring rain instead of the heat wave that was predicted. The temperature has been rising all day, so we're still gonna get the heat :(

Toothless had a big day. Started out by getting bathed since she gets into everything and had a greasy patch on the back of her head. Then had her harness put on. And taken outside in the rain. Then a truck ride. Then out in the rain again. And into the vet's! She spent a good time looking around, but then met a black lab. She was not too pleased about that meeting. And then a mastiff joined the party. Poor little kitty was shaking, hissing, and growling while trying to stare down the dogs. Finally we got into a room away from the dogs and she relaxed. The vet, Geoff, is a great guy. Helps that he's family - married my cousin. Toothless took to him right away and let him do everything without a fuss.
Official results are she's healthy. At 5 1/2 months she's 6.8 lbs, very tall, very long, appropriately proportioned, and has very large ears. And has all her adult teeth now. She looks skinny because she's so tall and long, but is well filled out. I kinda hope she always has big ears, I think they're cute.

Melody

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,232 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012

Jul 17, 2015 21:10 |  #5183

MissFire wrote in post #17634772 (external link)
...Maureen, I was actually thinking of you when in Yosemite, as I was doing a certain hike I shouldn't have been doing (didn't know at the time the hike was about a mile, all up hill) and I was picturing you yelling at me! I made it, but not without the help of a stranger, who saw me sitting, realizing how close I was, and pulled me up hooked her arm thru mine, and said we will do this together! :lol: I didn't do any more hikes after that (well, except for Lower Yosemite Falls, that was an easy one.)...

LOL :lol:...Brett Weston was quoted as saying: 'There's nothing worth photographing that is more than 100 feet from the car'.

I tend to agree with him.

Mark

blinkeredfilly
304 posts
Joined Jul 2012

Jul 18, 2015 09:01 |  #5184

My bad!!!
Sorry for no postings lately. Have admittedly been very lazy lately except for working. Was on vacation the week before last and didn't do too much except family history research. Also went to Stonington for a quick trip to sing and play guitar for a function my friend was having. Ended up singing for about an hour. Then had to come back and head to Bangor to pick up the sis in law that was riding the bus back from Iowa. We did get out to a camp that my friends are staying at while their new house is being built. There was a Loon family that kept our attention for most of the day. They didn't come in too close, but I got a decent shot of the dad feeding the chick. I now have the use of a kayak a friend is letting me borrow. So, when the weather clears up I will get out onto the water at a few lakes and rivers around here and see what I can get. I am going to be a little nervous about taking my expensive (to me) gear out like that. Can't get it wet for sure, so any advice on how to keep it dry?? Ok, except the obvious on not capsizing or dropping it in the water! LOL!!
So here's the pic I got of the Loon family taken with the Canon 60D and Sigma 150-500 from the deck of the camp. Take care everyone and I will try to be a little more diligent in posting!!

HOSTED PHOTO

MissFire
178 posts
Joined Jun 2012

Jul 18, 2015 12:55 |  #5185

rrblint wrote in post #17635130 (external link)
LOL :lol:...Brett Weston was quoted as saying: 'There's nothing worth photographing that is more than 100 feet from the car'.

I tend to agree with him.

LOL :-) after that hike I totally agree!

Lynn
Canon 70D | 10-22 USM | 17-55 f2.8 IS USM | 55-250 IS | 100 f2.8L macro | 430ex III-RT flash | and all my husbands gear!

EastBayGirl
Cream of the Crop
5,727 posts
Gallery: 92 photos
Best ofs: 1
Joined Sep 2011

Jul 18, 2015 13:29 |  #5186

Looks like Maureen woke everyone up!! :-D

I was stuck at fair for my first week of vacation in about 4 years (self employment sucks :cry: ) and didn't take any pictures to speak of, but my son placed second in his class with his pig. :-D
I am just now picking up my camera again and managed some shots of the deer around here. Tomorrow we are going to a friends branding and I hope to come away with some cool shots from that.
Wish me luck.

A couple shots from around my house.

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/369/19797710272_8709956288_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/wasr​wh  (external link) Two of a kind (external link) by Eastbaygirl925 (external link), on Flickr

IMAGE: https://farm1.staticflickr.com/322/19797707282_f9cc4ffcbc_b.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/wasq​CJ  (external link) Doe and fawn (external link) by Eastbaygirl925 (external link), on Flickr

Stina
flickr (external link)
Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Maureen ­ Souza
33,085 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 19, 2015 01:04 |  #5187

Yay!!!! Coming back to life......:-)

I have spent the past 2 days at my sister's painting her family room & kitchen (with her). Tomorrow I am going to have lazy day & since we are having thunderstorms, it will be a good day to stay inside.

Here is a group shot from our family reunion last weekend. This is a little less than half of my immediate family! :eek::eek:

HOSTED PHOTO

5DMK4
7DMK2

GibJock
Kill killer
9,644 posts
Gallery: 43 photos
Joined May 2013
Location: From Scotland, living in Gibraltar "A Jock on the Rock"

Jul 20, 2015 20:27 as a reply to  @ Maureen Souza's post |  #5188

Am here in Yosemite Valley, you've sent us your thunder and lightning! Quite spectacular sitting here in the lodge watching and listening to it.

flickr (external link)

Maureen ­ Souza
33,085 posts
Joined Feb 2005

Jul 20, 2015 22:20 |  #5189

Not typical, Ian but remnants of a hurricane off Mexico have made the weather go crazy.

5DMK4
7DMK2

rrblint
Listen! .... do you smell something?
22,232 posts
Gallery: 38 photos
Best ofs: 2
Joined May 2012
Post edited over 3 years ago by rrblint.

Jul 20, 2015 22:29 |  #5190

Maureen you have a beautiful(and large :lol: ) family.

Mark

sponsored links

637,621 views & 1,354 likes for this thread
The Lady Photographer Thread
FORUMS Community Talk, Chatter & Official Stuff The Lounge 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.