Approve the Cookies
This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and our Privacy Policy.
OK
Index  •   • New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
New posts  •   • RTAT  •   • 'Best of'  •   • Gallery  •   • Gear  •   • Reviews
Register to forums    Log in

FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
Thread started 11 Jun 2015 (Thursday) 15:50
Search threadPrev/next
sponsored links
(this ad will go away when you log in as a registered member)

Art of Architecture - Not Real Estate Photography

digirebelva
Goldmember
3,973 posts
Gallery: 367 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jul 17, 2015 06:46 |  #61

IMAGE: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7483/15953815177_d811eb1bfe_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/qiMt​qV  (external link) 3 At Sunset (external link) by Tim Wilson (external link), on Flickr

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

sponsored links
Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Gallery: 469 photos
Best ofs: 9
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 17, 2015 07:35 |  #62

HOSTED PHOTO
please log in to view hosted photos in full size.

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,458 posts
Gallery: 36 photos
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 17, 2015 08:17 |  #63

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17634407 (external link)
thumbnail
Hosted photo: posted by Reservoir Dog in
./showthread.php?p=176​34407&i=i194092296
forum: Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings

This would really be cool if the highlights were not overexposed/burnt out. Was there a water droplet on the lens (two floors up from the truck)? This kind of makes me think of an inverted Guggenheim Museum.

David | Flickr (external link)
Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, Sigma 35mm F/1.2, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Joined Jan 2013
Post edited over 4 years ago by Reservoir Dog. (2 edits in all)

Jul 17, 2015 10:33 |  #64

David Arbogast wrote in post #17634444 (external link)
This would really be cool if the highlights were not overexposed/burnt out.

Thank you !
humm i understand your point, but before PP i found it too grey, too flat, the light was awful (a dark cloud just above), the whites was not "white" , etc ...
now it's more contrasted i prefer it like that (just a matter of taste ;) )

Was there a water droplet on the lens (two floors up from the truck)? This kind of makes me think of an inverted Guggenheim Museum.

I don't recall if it was on the road or a drop of rain, anyway thank to point it out, i need to fix it it just drag my eye now :mrgreen:

150 Free online photos editing application (external link) / 100 Free Desktop Photo Editor Software (external link) / Free Photography eBooks (external link) / My photography blog (external link)

Deadline
THREAD ­ STARTER
301 posts
Gallery: 110 photos
Best ofs: 6
Joined May 2015

Jul 17, 2015 11:30 |  #65

Its really more about the sky here i think, but architecture plays its role...

HOSTED PHOTO

http://www.sergeygrey.​com/ (external link) - About me and ALL of my work from photography to 3D Gaphics and 3D printing that I do for a living as well as side projects such as Meetup Photography groups and Car Rigging.

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,458 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 17, 2015 12:38 |  #66

Reservoir Dog wrote in post #17634540 (external link)
Thank you !
humm i understand your point, but before PP i found it too grey, too flat, the light was awful (a dark cloud just above), the whites was not "white" , etc ...
now it's more contrasted i prefer it like that (just a matter of taste ;) )

I don't recall if it was on the road or a drop of rain, anyway thank to point it out, i need to fix it it just drag my eye now :mrgreen:

Quite right about taste! And I do like that your processing gives it a cool sort of sci fi feel.

Sony α7R II | CV 12mm, FE 12-24mm, Loxia 21mm, Loxia 35mm, Sigma 35mm F/1.2, Loxia 85mm, Batis 85mm, Batis 135mm

Deadline
THREAD ­ STARTER
301 posts
Joined May 2015

Jul 17, 2015 13:06 |  #67

David Arbogast wrote in post #17632704 (external link)
I bought the e-book they co-wrote together - there is a lot of ethereal stuff in it, which doesn't speak to the process, but they do cover the process as well.

Looks like there are some nice tutorials on her web site here:
http://blog.juliaannag​ospodarou.com/category​/making-of-how-to/ (external link)

Watched this hour long tutorial and I got to say there was way more talking then actual teaching... but essentially she is adding black manually or using some plugins here and there. its not like that out of the camera the way infrared would be.

http://www.sergeygrey.​com/ (external link) - About me and ALL of my work from photography to 3D Gaphics and 3D printing that I do for a living as well as side projects such as Meetup Photography groups and Car Rigging.

David ­ Arbogast
Cream of the Crop
11,458 posts
Joined Aug 2010

Jul 17, 2015 14:12 |  #68

Deadline wrote in post #17634682 (external link)
Watched this hour long tutorial and I got to say there was way more talking then actual teaching... but essentially she is adding black manually or using some plugins here and there. its not like that out of the camera the way infrared would be.

Right. Looking at the before and afters it is a processing-heavy technique. But, imo, that's a good thing if your making art of architectural photos. If you're documenting the way things are for an architectural or real-estate or travel agency client, then you want to be very faithful. But, art? No limits there, in my view. :)

Deadline
THREAD ­ STARTER
301 posts
Joined May 2015

Jul 17, 2015 14:32 |  #69

I agree~

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 17, 2015 18:31 |  #70

Escalators are ok ? (i like to play with escalators  :p )

HOSTED PHOTO

HOSTED PHOTO

Reservoir ­ Dog
A Band Apart
3,279 posts
Joined Jan 2013

Jul 17, 2015 18:38 |  #71

David Arbogast wrote in post #17634736 (external link)
Right. Looking at the before and afters it is a processing-heavy technique. But, imo, that's a good thing if your making art of architectural photos. If you're documenting the way things are for an architectural or real-estate or travel agency client, then you want to be very faithful. But, art? No limits there, in my view. :)

Wow i didn't see the link, thanks a lot (i'm always curious ;) )

Dan ­ Marchant
Do people actually believe in the Title Fairy?
5,383 posts
Gallery: 19 photos
Joined Oct 2011
Location: Where I'm from is unimportant, it's where I'm going that counts.
Post edited over 4 years ago by Dan Marchant.

Jul 18, 2015 06:06 |  #72

London

IMAGE: http://www.danmarchant.com/wp-content/uploads/forums/DM852-2013-08-31-3623.jpg

Victoria (BC)

IMAGE: http://www.danmarchant.com/wp-content/uploads/forums/DM852-2014-07-28-2027-Edit.jpg

Dan Marchant
Website/blog: danmarchant.com (external link)
Instagram: @dan_marchant (external link)
Gear Canon 5DIII + Fuji X-T2 + lenses + a plastic widget I found in the camera box.

Deadline
THREAD ­ STARTER
301 posts
Joined May 2015

Jul 19, 2015 00:05 |  #73

i kinda wish that tree wasn't there, but then again, its bringing splash of green which works here... what do you think?

HOSTED PHOTO

digirebelva
Goldmember
3,973 posts
Gallery: 367 photos
Joined Mar 2008

Jul 19, 2015 16:10 |  #74

IMAGE: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3906/14227138319_905d2a7725_o.jpg
IMAGE LINK: https://flic.kr/p/nFcN​yg  (external link) Shadow Receding (external link) by Tim Wilson (external link), on Flickr

EOS 6d, 7dMKII, Tokina 11-16, Tokina 16-28, Sigma 70-200mm F/2.8, Sigma 17-50 F/2.8, Canon 24-70mm F/2.8L, Canon 70-200 F/2.8L, Mixed Speedlites and other stuff.

When it ceases to be fun, it will be time to walk away
Website (external link) | Fine Art America (external link)

tytlyf
129 posts
Gallery: 1 photo
Joined Jan 2015

Jul 19, 2015 19:44 as a reply to  @ Deadline's post |  #75

I don't see a problem with the tree, but I can never see your entire photo anyways without scrolling because it's so large. I'd recommend cutting the size in half.

Canon 6D - 16-35 F/4L IS - 24-105 F/4L IS
www.FLREphotography.co​m
flickr (external link)

sponsored links

381,596 views & 4,505 likes for this thread
Art of Architecture - Not Real Estate Photography
FORUMS Photo Sharing & Visual Enjoyment Architecture, Real-Estate & Buildings 
AAA
y 1600

Jump to forum...   •  Rules   •  Index   •  New posts   •  RTAT   •  'Best of'   •  Gallery   •  Gear   •  Reviews   •  Member list   •  Polls   •  Image rules   •  Search   •  Password reset

Not a member yet?
Register to forums
Registered members may log in to forums and access all the features: full search, image upload, follow forums, own gear list and ratings, likes, more forums, private messaging, thread follow, notifications, own gallery, all settings, view hosted photos, own reviews, see more and do more... and all is free. Don't be a stranger - register now and start posting!

COOKIES DISCLAIMER: This website uses cookies to improve your user experience. By using this site, you agree to our use of cookies and to our privacy policy.
Privacy policy and cookie usage info.